Requesting table for 2

On 6/20/2024 at 2:26 PM, 1025cruise said:

Well, technically you were never supposed to email the Maitre' D with a dining request...

Where is/was the source on this? I've done it for two dozen cruises. I am also a rules follower, and have never seen this. Enlighten me.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Where is/was the source on this? I've done it for two dozen cruises. I am also a rules follower, and have never seen this. Enlighten me.

For one thing, Carnival never published the email addresses for them. People reverse engineered them I guess because of the fairly easy to figure out pattern of them.

They didn't actually prevent it until fairly recently though.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

John Heald has always stated this when people have asked for the email addresses on his FB page.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

John Heald has always stated this when people have asked for the email addresses on his FB page.

Let me try again; we've done this, as in emailing in advance and asking for a specific table. We have favorite tables on the Conquest class and asked for them specifically. or at least a specific area. It worked every time, as recently as six months ago.

Side note; on the Mardi Gras in 1976 you went to the dining room and wrote your family names on the table spots you wanted. They gave you an index size card as a reminder.

11 hours ago, mz-s said:

For one thing, Carnival never published the email addresses for them. People reverse engineered them I guess because of the fairly easy to figure out pattern of them.

They didn't actually prevent it until fairly recently though.

We cruised the Triumph so often they gave us his email. And you are right, it was easy to figure out. This change has taken place since November. We sailed the Icon in March and never thought about table selection. 

9 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

Good luck. We requested a table for only our family. Was not successful. I went to MDR as soon as we boarded. It was early dining too. Never had a problem with Royal. 

Early dining is usually the first to fill up on Carnival. If you couldn't get a table for just your family, either that size table was not available (at least until they determine who didn't board and won't actually be on the cruise) or they were saving any remaining tables for higher priority passengers.

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

image.png.d78b13c66e4d6cbe4f9852509525e7e2.png

The next paragraph went on to say that John can't do anything to help with table size/assignment for YTD.

For people new to Carnival, when you check in for YTD each night on the app you can choose whether you're willing to sit at a shared table or want a table just for your party.  If you choose shared table though, you'll still be seated with just your party if no one else has checked in requesting shared table.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 8:13 PM, Sgwscruiser said:

A request for a table for two. Can usually be approved, however, the table next to you will be 6" away at the furthest.

People say this a lot and it's true..

But if we are at separate tables I don't feel obligated to engage in conversation with them as I would if we were at the same table.