I am just about to book 3 Princess cruises in Europe August-October 2026 on a $50 deposit for each cruise and final payment isn't due until February 2026.

I have one FCD that I can apply to one of the bookings.

If I was to purchase 2 more FCD's on an upcoming Princess cruise, am I able to have these 2 new FCD's applied to the other 2 bookings to receive the additional OBC that they offer.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jenny

If you don't have to book the three new cruises immediately, you can use the Future Cruise Deposit you already have for one cruise, but you would have to wait until you are on board to buy two more FCDs as deposits for the other two cruises. You have to consider whether waiting to book these two cruises is worth it when the OBC is fairly small.

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

To my understanding, if you apply FCD after first deposit then no OBC is applicable.

That was how it was explained to me when I first knew of them. It is a deposit.

you already made your deposit of $50

Cheers Carole 

Thank you for your replies and after having another look at the FCD's and what you receive in return for your $100 investment it doesn't seen like such a good deal!! I suppose if you book directly with Princess and you use a FCD then the deposit is reduced to zero and the $100 OBC that they credit to your booking,is just like getting your initial investment returned- it is really the zero deposit that is the bonus.

For the cruises that I am about to book, Princess was way more expensive than the online agency that I compared prices with and Princess didn't offer any OBC and the agency offered US$160 and only a $50 deposit - that I am willing to wear if we have to cancel.

Your answers helped me make a more informed decision for my bookings.

Thanks again,

Jenny

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

For the cruises that I am about to book, Princess was way more expensive than the online agency that I compared prices with and Princess didn't offer any OBC and the agency offered US$160 and only a $50 deposit - that I am willing to wear if we have to cancel.

I'm not sure I'm reading that right, but Princess FCD can be used with anybody who books Princess cruises. If you book with an agent you get whatever OBC they are offering plus the OBC from the FCD.

Another advantage is that FCD used as deposit is always taken as a deposit with the standard conditions, whereas the $50 deposits have generally more restrictive final payment deadlines.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

Yes I agree. The $50 deposit agency make you pay final payment 3 months before Princess- which really irks me.

I'm in communication with my Princess Planner who has a deal at the moment where you get a reduced deposit and spending money, I will see how it pans out.

• Like 1

Do you get 100% refundable deposits should you cancel cruises prior to a certain date?  If so, could you book the other two cruises you want to do at the best rate today, and if they are still available at that rate when you do your first cruise, buy the FCDs, cancel the two cruises and re-book them with the FCDs?