Trouble with onboard credit

34 minutes ago, jlnprt said:

Although we were pleased with the cabin and its location, it was an "adjoining" cabin. We have never been able to hear our neighbors on other cruises, but the adjoining cabin was not soundproof, and our neighbors were pretty loud.

Are you using "adjoining" to refer to two rooms with a connecting door?  That's a "connecting" room.  "Adjoining" is just a room next door, or across the passageway (next to, but not connecting).

Glad you got it mostly resolved, although fully resolved would, obviously, been better and w/o a battle ideal.

FWIW, most financial issues do require contacting someone else (even a drink overcharge requires an email to F&B) and "larger" issues that's Seattle - Guest Services has little ability to make adjustments themselves.

That we cannot see OBC online is beyond frustrating, for sure.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 6:48 AM, Mary229 said:

You can see OBC before the cruise.  It is on your HAL confirmation form aka the “HAL Invoice”.   I always have my TA send me the final rendition after final payment.  

That's good to know. I'm with a new travel agent , , new agency , So we'll see what happens. On the confirmation that the travel agency sent me I do see the onboard credit that they are giving me. And I will print that out and take it with me. However,, when I call Holland America they do not  see the onboard credit that the travel agent has given me. That kind of worries me.

Edited by shadow 123

2 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

That's good to know. I'm with a new travel agent , , new agency , So we'll see what happens. On the confirmation that the travel agency sent me I do see the onboard credit that they are giving me. And I will print that out and take it with me. However,, when I call Holland America they do not  see the onboard credit that the travel agent has given me. That kind of worries me.

Your agent can send you the HAL confirmation with a simple click.  My agent does it all the time. I have seen her do it and it is just a click.  Travel agent OBC is the responsibility of the agent.  HAL will not be able to assist you with that.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

On the confirmation that the travel agency sent me I do see the onboard credit that they are giving me. And I will print that out and take it with me. However,, when I call Holland America they do not  see the onboard credit that the travel agent has given me. That kind of worries me.

Often/usually the travel agent OBC is not sent to HAL until just before sailing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Often/usually the travel agent OBC is not sent to HAL until just before sailing.

This was the case for our 3 week cruise in January.  There was an OBC gift card waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin.  And, it also showed up on our account.  Cherie

• Like 1

I am currently in Alaska on board the Koningsdam, travelling with my DF. Our TA gave each of us $100 OBC, and that OBC was on his and my HAL confirmation.  However, it did not show on my account when I boarded but was on his account.  I waited for a day for it to show, and when it hadn't, I went to guest services, showed them the confirmation, and it was added to my account that evening.

L.

• Like 1