New restrictions on easyair?

Sorry if it’s been discussed already but we just noticed easyair flights can’t be booked more than 5 days before or 5 days after our cruise dates for any of the cruises we have booked. This has changed in the last few days because we booked flights (as we often do) a week early for a new voyage this past weekend. Anyone heard of the thought behind this change? 
This is going to be very frustrating for some trips we planned to take since we like to explore an area before our cruise begins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I think it's a glitch. What if all flights are full 5 days before your cruise? It doesn't make sense. 

Maybe but while talking to a Princes agent this weekend we mentioned flying in a week early to Alaska for a trip with family and he said “I’m not sure you can do that with easyair”. We blew it off as someone new in the job and not aware of it. After hanging up we booked our flights 7 days in advance with no problems. But now while checking for cheaper flights for one we have in January the limit was 5 days. Checking two others we have they show the same thing. 

I agree it doesn’t make sense but not sure it’s a glitch either. 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 1

I am not an expert on EZ Air.  There are lots of fine print.  I booked my flight as soon as it became available and have watched the fare.  Unfortunately, it never dropped.  

At the same time, my current booked with confirmation reservation has appeared and disappeared.  My take....certain flights may "sell out" at that particular fare.  I have seen my flight re-appear at a higher fare.  Or I have seen itineraries that will include lay overs.  

It is all a matter of supply and demand.  Maybe your 7 day ahead conflicts with the cruise ahead of you?  Maybe they reserved all the available seats for EZ Air capacity.  

Bookings become available 330 days from your return cruise date.

I don't have an answer for you.  Just presenting different scenarios.  

I believe OP is referring to

EZ Air, not easyair.  You might ask Host to correct your thread title.  There is a search engine by that name and also easy jet.

But, to answer your question.  I just checked a booking of mine in Feb and Mar on EZ Air, as far as booking.  You cannot go more than 5 days before the cruise and use EZAir.  Same for return, you have to return no later than 5 days after your cruise.  Don’t believe it is a glitch.  Must be a change between this summer and Jan?

I don’t remember seeing this before, but we don’t usually go but a few days before our cruise.  Or, we have used miles instead of EZAir.

Maybe someone else can chime in?

Posted (edited)

Encountered the same issue this morning, looking to book out of LAX/SAN/SFO to LHR, Business Class round trip.   All offered only 5 days in advance of sail date.

To see if it was across the board, tried to book flights to Tokyo for April and encountered a 5 day window.

Edited by kiwimum

Just now, kiwimum said:

Encountered the same issue this morning, looking to book out of LAX/SAN/SFO to LHR, Business Class round trip.   All offered only 5 days in advance of sail date.

What month?

It feels like another of those unannounced surprise policy changes that we have stumbled on before ever reading any sort of explanation or release. We have flown into the cruise departure cities or nearby area from weeks to a day or two in advance in the past and never found dates blank on the easyair drop-down calendar as they now appear on our future cruises. Dates beyond 5 days from departure or arrival date are all grayed out. 

4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We’ve tried cruises in August, January and February with none allowing >5 days pre or post cruise arrival selection…

What month were you able to book 7 days before?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

. After hanging up we booked our flights 7 days in advance with no problems

What month was this cruise?

I don’t see anything on the website reflecting a change.  But, that doesn’t mean much. 

Thanks for alerting us to this.

Edited by PacnGoNow

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What month were you able to book 7 days before?

We just decided a week ago to take some family members who have never cruised before to Alaska since that was their dream. The one we settled on was early September. We booked flights with Princess easy air last Saturday with arrival 7 days before embarkation to let us rent a car and explore for a week some of the areas we’ve enjoyed during our trips there in the past. 
Today we were looking at a different South American voyage we have booked in January and found the issue. Returned to the Alaska voyage and can’t see more than 5 days in advance there now either. So far our week early flights booked last week aren’t cancelled…

4 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We just decided a week ago to take some family members who have never cruised before to Alaska since that was their dream. The one we settled on was early September. We booked flights with Princess easy air last Saturday with arrival 7 days before embarkation to let us rent a car and explore for a week some of the areas we’ve enjoyed during our trips there in the past. 
Today we were looking at a different South American voyage we have booked in January and found the issue. Returned to the Alaska voyage and can’t see more than 5 days in advance there now either. So far our week early flights booked last week aren’t cancelled…

If you look at that particular cruise date for a week prior to your cruise, does it let you fly in on that date? Look at EZ air on the Princess website, and flights available. 

Just now, startedwithamouse said:

If you look at that particular cruise date for a week prior to your cruise, does it let you fly in on that date? Look at EZ air on the Princess website, and flights available. 

No. Any date outside of 5 days of embarkation is grayed out and you can no longer select them. Same for disembarkation date. 

• Like 2

Booked AKL to LA last week, flying in 12 days prior with no issues.   Just now looking to book the same flights, no go.

This is a major geme changer for us if the 5 day window continues.  

• Like 4

I just noticed this new restriction when booking my flights for our cruise at the end of August--Boston to Quebec. Fortunately, we don't want to extend our stay in Quebec longer than that.

Posted (edited)

This just happened. We have two consecutive cruises booked in February. I have been checking for flight discounts daily using both reservations, and just today the 5 day limit started.

Edited by canadarocks
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

No. Any date outside of 5 days of embarkation is grayed out and you can no longer select them. Same for disembarkation date. 

I think you misunderstood.  Look at the cruise PRIOR to yours, see if you can book a flight for the SAME DAY the cruise leaves. Just to see if there are flights available. 

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I just noticed this new restriction when booking my flights for our cruise at the end of August--Boston to Quebec. Fortunately, we don't want to extend our stay in Quebec longer than that.

Yeah it’s rare for us to not fly in several days before the voyage. 

9 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I think you misunderstood.  Look at the cruise PRIOR to yours, see if you can book a flight for the SAME DAY the cruise leaves. Just to see if there are flights available. 

Yes it appears you can select any voyage and it will only allow booking flights with easyair within 5 days if the voyage. 

• Thanks 1

If you create a dummy booking, the furthest out the EZAir calendar will let you book is 5 days before the cruise for this Island Princess cruise departing 11/14/24. 

Don't know why.

IMG_5526.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1