New restrictions on easyair?

15 minutes ago, phabric said:

I check my flights daily in the morning.  They must have changed sometime on Friday June 21.

I have B2B cruises with 2 booking # - Vancouver-San Francisco and San Francisco-San Francisco.  On the app, shows as 1 cruise so must be linked.  Paid final payment for both cruises/flights.

I booked EzAir flights on day they are available, with 1 day pre cruise and 1 day post cruise. Flights Toronto-Vancouver and San Francisco-Toronto under 1 booking #.

Now, can only book 5 pre and 5 post cruise for the first cruise. Cannot book 2 cruise under the first cruise as before.

Now, 2 cruise only shows booking for the 2 cruise and cannot change airports.

Now, instead of booking myself, would have to get agent or call in to book.

Thank you for that.  

You should still be able, if your cruise personalizer shows it as 2 cruises, be able to book 2 one ways, if you use the website.  Using each booking number.  Did you try the website?

That should give you 5 days before the outbound and

5 days after the return.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you for that.  

You should still be able, if your cruise personalizer shows it as 2 cruises, be able to book 2 one ways, if you use the website.  Using each booking number.  Did you try the website?

That should give you 5 days before the outbound and

5 days after the return.

I have paid for my 2 cruises and flights. I had booked on Princess website.  I check the flight prices daily and won’t be able to now.  If I was booking today, it would harder.

1 minute ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Why draw any line at all? What difference to them?

Probably because they have limited flights available .Princess is offering flights to help you get to your cruise, not your vacation. So I assume they are prioritizing people heading straight to the cruise ships 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think it was a good decision. EZ Air is not the only way to book a pre-cruise flight. It exists to help you with flights for your CRUISE. Not your VACATION. I don’t want to pay higher fares or get shut out of flights the day before my cruise because other people took all the flights 8 days before theirs. Princess does not owe you anything that far out. Just book flights like a regular vacationer because at that point that’s what you are—a vacationer not a cruiser. 

It is called mutual benefit. Cruise is a component of my vacation. If flexibility of my flights is being taken away, then cruise may not be part of my vacation - very simple. The ship is definitely not my destination.

Edited by ebeluga
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Probably because they have limited flights available.

Being able to add more than 5 days pre-or post-cruise to a vacation was a competitive advantage for Princess over other cruise lines. The seats still exist; Princess needs to contract for more of them to retain that advantage, which is to their benefit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Apparently happening on Seabourn as well.

I recall past CCL CEO Arnold Donald stating the reason all CCL lines get good air options & pricing is because by combining the buying power of all of their cruise lines together air is a more competitive option. Thus as you discovered with Seabourn, the 5 day limit might apply to all of the CCL lines.

On NCLH lines including Oceania & NCL, their air program is not good & flights might not be known up until 30 days in advance. I am not happy with the PCL change, however even now it is much better than on NCLH lines.

Like others, I check airfares at least daily…evening of 6/20 there was no 5 day limit for my flight but on the morning of 6/21 discovered that limit after reading this thread created by gottagocit…thanks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

My experience has proven otherwise.  The fares flying in the day before and the day of my cruises are higher than flying two days or more before my cruises.  Everyone wants to fly in the day before or day of.  Fewer people want to fly in two days or more before their cruise.  That is if the fares are an indication of flight loads.

But I think the issue has more to do with seat availability than price. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

Why draw any line at all? What difference to them?

They want to get everyone a seat. Imagine a cruise departing out of Boston on 7/6 and another on 7/13.  Both sets of passengers want to fly in on 7/2 so that they can enjoy the Boston Pops on the 4th. Princess is simply giving priority to the passengers on the 7/6 cruise. They’d hate to disappoint the passengers on that cruise because the people on the 7/13 cruise took so many seats which are, after all, finite and outside of Princess’ control. If you were making the decision and you had to tell people 11 days in advance of their departure to find other arrangements, or tell people 4 days in advance of their departure to find other arrangements, which would you choose?  Seems rather obvious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

It is called mutual benefit. Cruise is a component of my vacation. If flexibility of my flights is being taken away, then cruise may not be part of my vacation - very simple. The ship is definitely not my destination.

That is only true if EZ Air were the exclusive means of booking your trip. It isn’t. And how far out does “mutuality” extend?  10 days? 20?  50?  At what point is Princess legitimately flying you to your cruise as opposed to becoming a discount airline?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

Probably because they have limited flights available .Princess is offering flights to help you get to your cruise, not your vacation. So I assume they are prioritizing people heading straight to the cruise ships 

This makes no sense. By forcing everyone who uses ezair to book their flights within the same five days, the chances of those flights selling out increase not decrease. Before now they could be spread out over ,ah days or weeks in some cases. It will certainly drive the cost up lower prices for the limited number of discounted tickets will sell out. IMO get ready to pay more for flights if you use ezair. 

Also consider that when arriving to say Europe a week or so in advance we’ve often not flown into the port city with ezair but rather have flown into a different city and made our way to the port city by train or other means after visiting that city or surrounding area. These instances only serve to help others trying to fly in the day before or of the voyage. 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, ebeluga said:

This!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

This doesn't bode well..... I had both departure and return flights reserved on the 1st leg of our B2B, which obviously has a return flight far past the 5 day limit and this is what is coming up when I go to Manage Your Flights

Screen Shot 2024-06-22 at 12.28.57 PM.png

Oh that really sucks!  What is wrong with these people?

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

That is only true if EZ Air were the exclusive means of booking your trip. It isn’t. And how far out does “mutuality” extend?  10 days? 20?  50?  At what point is Princess legitimately flying you to your cruise as opposed to becoming a discount airline?

EZ Air is a consolidator. Princess is not subsidizing my airfare. How is that for legitimacy?!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

And when I go to Change Your Flights, there's now no option for just one way. Between the Dining reservations fiasco and this, it's like Princess is TRYING to get me to cancel! 

As I recall, in the past it was possible to book one-way outbound flights at 330 days in advance however my recent experience was that could not be made until return flights were available. Thus I had to wait until 300 days prior to my 28 day cruise to book a o/w outbound flight.

I don’t know when such a change was made because I have not used EZair since before the pandemic.

20 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

They want to get everyone a seat. Imagine a cruise departing out of Boston on 7/6 and another on 7/13.  Both sets of passengers want to fly in on 7/2 so that they can enjoy the Boston Pops on the 4th. Princess is simply giving priority to the passengers on the 7/6 cruise. They’d hate to disappoint the passengers on that cruise because the people on the 7/13 cruise took so many seats which are, after all, finite and outside of Princess’ control. If you were making the decision and you had to tell people 11 days in advance of their departure to find other arrangements, or tell people 4 days in advance of their departure to find other arrangements, which would you choose?  Seems rather obvious. 

In the non Alaska season for San Francisco on the Ruby cruises alternate between 16 day Hawaii, 11 day Mexico, 7 day Coastal, and 5 day Coastal.  How does a 5 day cut off affect these cruises?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

This doesn't bode well..... I had both departure and return flights reserved on the 1st leg of our B2B, which obviously has a return flight far past the 5 day limit and this is what is coming up when I go to Manage Your Flights

Screen Shot 2024-06-22 at 12.28.57 PM.png

Fortunately this was actually just a schedule change that worked out to our benefit. Still have the same departure and return flights booked on the 1st cruise, even though the return is way past the 5 day new limit. Fingers crossed it'll stay that way, but I'm not too confident. 

• Thanks 1