Cabin 2101 - 2103 or 2105 on S class

odysee

Posted (edited)

I am aware of the spreadsheet.  Just wanted to ask if someone has more recent experience with these cabins on the Solstice Class (not Reflection, as they have differnet numbering of cabins) ?

I am specifically wondering if they are loud (beside or under restrooms), and if balcony is completely exposed to sun (no overhang).

Thanks for your experiences

Edited by odysee

• odysee changed the title to Cabin 2101 - 2103 or 2105 on S class
2 hours ago, odysee said:

I am aware of the spreadsheet.  Just wanted to ask if someone has more recent experience with these cabins on the Solstice Class (not Reflection, as they have differnet numbering of cabins) ?

I am specifically wondering if they are loud (beside or under restrooms), and if balcony is completely exposed to sun (no overhang).

Check out the spreadsheet.   The room characteristics  should be the same whether in the past or present.

@odysee These are under the very front of the  Ocean View Cafe on deck 14. 

The deck above does overhang the balcony. 

There are pictures of the room from 2011 on cruisedeckplans.com

22 minutes ago, albi said:

Anyone stay in the Eclipse cabin 1635?  No current info on the spreadsheet.

We were last on the Eclipse in November 2019.  We were in 1623 which was fine but the guests in the 1635-39 area were experienced noise issues and they were all moved to other cabins.  Hopefully what was causing the problem was resolved long ago. 

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

@odysee These are under the very front of the  Ocean View Cafe on deck 14. 

The deck above does overhang the balcony. 

There are pictures of the room from 2011 on cruisedeckplans.com

Thanks for info re overhang.  
Can t find pictures on cruisedeckplans.com, looks like you have to be member, but does not matter.

9 hours ago, odysee said:

I've stayed in the equivalent cabins on starboard side.  I usually prefer 2106 which has an extra long, covered balcony....except in the summer in the Caribbean.  After cruising restarted, I booked 2106 in August and the walls of the balcony absorbed so much heat during the day, they radiated it back like an oven, even at night.  The following cruise, I switched to 2104.  Air flow helped immensely.  Noise was not an issue on Equinox, Eclipse, or Reflection (2168).  On Silhouette, my 2105 balcony had loud "whooshing" noise from the exposed exterior pipe every time someone flushed the toilets in the restroom above.  Unless they've rerouted the pipes or added sound insulation, I can't imagine that has gone away.