Book tonight or wait until 4th of July sale?

Still trying to figure out RCCL, The Independence staterooms, layouts, etc.  I feel a push to book by 11:59PM EST tonight because of either Kids Sail Free or BOGO sales that my TA is running. 

I have checked pricing on RCCL, and they are running higher than TA site.  From what I understand, I can put a 24-48 hour hold on RCCL.  I can't do that on TA site, and was unable to get in touch with them today to ask some questions about their sale.  My fault because I waited too late and their lines were busy. 

To complicate matters, I am having surgery in the morning, so I will not be able to book/look at anything tomorrow (sometimes the TA will extend a sale.) 

A thought came to me that perhaps waiting for a 4th of July sale may be worth the wait.  What would you do?  I don't know what type of deals RCCL usually has for the 4th.   I have two hours to decide. Going to bed at 11:00 EST😁

book now, you can always reprice it later if there is sale

from what i noticed over the years whenever they was a sale, the fare will increase by a small amount and then royal will increase the discount making the price overall the same

• Like 3

OK, I decided that I am going to wait.  And if I am able, I will try to get in touch with my TA tomorrow afternoon.  I will tell her that I tried calling yesterday (today) to check on some wording of their offer, but was unable to get in touch.  RCCL site says that the offers I mentioned are good until the 30th.  TA site says today.  That's why I am hoping they will extend the offers.

TA offers a shipboard credit perk in the amount of 10% of the cruise rate, something that we have taken advantage of many times with them.  However, the wording of what length of a cruise this offer applies to was off and confusing to me. 

In addition to the above offer, the rates were lower than RCCL by about $50 per person. Plus, we get a loyalty OBC from them, as well.  That's all something when booking for 6 people (3 staterooms.)  The TA also has more inventory showing.  We always do better we the TA than we do the cruiselines.  

That's what I had in mind!  There seems to be a lot of inventory in the higher categories.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

That's what I had in mind!  There seems to be a lot of inventory in the higher categories.

When is the cruise?  You cannot get a price adjustment after final payment.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for saying that!  Reminds me to ask when final payment comes around for a booking in early October. 

We would not ask for a price adjustment after final.  We would upgrade if the price came down for a higher category.

Edited by Iamthesea

The "sale" was unadvertised and is now gone.

As is normal for RCL, the "normal" price is jacked up $100-$250 across every category as of yesterday... I assume in anticipation of the July 4 sale whereby they'll offer $250 OBC or something like that....

Why do I know this? About 5 days ago I put two well priced cabin on hold for December. I was going to also put a hold on Jewel in January (but I didn't), and I already have Grandeur booked for January. I have been looking at prices/timing for various ships December and January... and every single one of those sailings, interiors to balconies, went up an average of $100-$250.

Posted (edited)

If outside of final payment waiting never makes sense to me.  Book it, if the price goes down get a price adjustment. If the price goes up you win... 

Not being able to get a hold of your TA is not something I know about.  My TA is brilliant and responds to emails at all hours, morning and night, very quickly.  That being said, if you want to use that TA so you get the OBC from them, book it and then transfer them the booking.  I think you have 30 days to do so.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

If outside of final payment waiting never makes sense to me.  Book it, if the price goes down get a price adjustment. If the price goes up you win... 

Many of my bookings the past 5-6 years have been after final payment... and I've booked for a lower price than anytime before final payment.

I am back!   Have not been feeling well enough to contact my TA since I last posted.  They (initials CC) are closed on the weekend, but I plan to get in touch tomorrow. 

I was expecting the 4th of July ad that was to come out today.  For VIP customers, I always sign up for sale flyers ahead of time, and get them the night before a sale to VIP's, only.   I have not received a thing!  Then it dawned on me that I have not been getting a weekly newsletter from them.  I think that somehow I accidently flagged them as SPAM and they are blocked. TA's website does not show the sale details until Wednesday when it is opened to the public.🤔

I cannot find a Blocked List within my email program, so I will have to email and/or call my TA tomorrow morning.   I do know that I wished I had gone ahead and booked last week.  The prices have gone up significantly on both my TA's website and on RCCL.  Also, we are wavering whether to do the 5 night on the Indy, or the 7 night on the Freedom.  Freedoms price is higher, of course!

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

Here is the link to the VIP Firecracker sale I received. I don't know if it will work but you can try.

that is a travel agent website, forum rules prevent posting links to travel agents