Princess Cruises Launches Cruise Industry's Best Price Guarantee on 2025 & 2026 Cruises

On 6/27/2024 at 10:01 AM, Mud_Shark said:

Kind of tells you that "sales" will not be reduced fares (before final payment) but rather, OBC or other perks that would not have to be matched by this guarantee.

I just booked a Med cruise for May 2026. got 40% off plus I was able to add my adult son for free. The sale ended the next day.  Deluxe Balconies are only showing a few available but I know I'm not beating a free passenger price even after final payment. I was actually surprised that he qualified due to his age. On Royal Caribbean only kid's sale free.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:02 AM, beg3yrs said:

(I've been told by insiders that there are at least four different systems that have to communicate).

That explains a lot. I knew there had to be two because there is POLAR which is not Princess-specific and then at least one system to hold all the info that Princess collects that POLAR does not. But four? That's crazy! But sometimes happens. 

I feel for IT.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think this is a brilliant (something that can never be said about princess site which never seems to stay up) offer.

Getting 120% OBC without the need to rebook/refare is fantastic. And you can continue to use a TA. Awesome 

I booked one cruise for 2025 on June 17 which is outside that range. But I will book a 2026 now thanks to this offer.

Edited by sheerfun

On 8/22/2024 at 9:46 AM, ldubs said:

So, you don't like this?  

Currently folks will rebook at lower fares prior to final payment. Now there is an option to get the difference plus 20% in OBC.

How do we know the refare will still be an  option?  Maybe price drops will be "new bookings only" as some currently are. Then cancel and rebook?  Risky.

Will this "guarantee" be extended beyond Sept. 2.?

On 6/27/2024 at 10:09 PM, Rubynic said:

We have received confirmation from Princess that this only applies to bookings in North America. As with most deals & the ability to refare without charge, it is not available to customers in the UK,

That's incorrect, also applies to UK bookings 

6 hours ago, latserrof said:

How do we know the refare will still be an  option?  Maybe price drops will be "new bookings only" as some currently are. Then cancel and rebook?  Risky.

Most new bookings only happen after final payment is due. 

8 hours ago, latserrof said:

You know because you check with Princess first.  They will tell you if it is or is not an option. No risk!  

8 hours ago, latserrof said:

Good question.  I assumed it was not a limited time policy, but in reality I do not know.  

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Good question.  I assumed it was not a limited time policy, but in reality I do not know.  

The last time they did it, it was limited. I expect this sale to be limited too.

• Thanks 1