Beverage pkg

workstocruise

We just booked a cruise on the Marina for March 2025 to South America. We haven’t sailed with Oceania since before Covid. We had 3 cruises booked but after the shutdown, all three of them were canceled and when things got better we switched to Celebrity.  I’m not familiar with the Simply More program and my booking says we have a beverage pkg included in our cost. We’ve never had a beverage pkg with Oceania so I’m not sure what that entails.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

You will get complimentary wine and beer with lunch and dinner.  If you want additional alcoholic beverages including spirits you can upgrade to the Prestige Package.  Right now it is $30 per person per day but if you're traveling as a couple only one needs to purchase the package if the other doesn't drink that much.  Be aware that there is a huge tax on alcoholic beverages when you are in Brazilian waters.  I think it is 20 to 25 percent.  If you buy the package ahead of time you don't have to pay the tax. 

I've found that even if I just have three drinks a day, I get more than my money's worth.  My husband doesn't get the package because he's happy with the 2 for 1 Happy Hour deal in Martinis but says on our trip to the Amazon next January he thinks he'll pay for it as with the taxes he knows he'll come out ahead.

Of course, you can bring your own booze on board and drink it in your cabin.  We prefer to socialize with others and listen to music in the bars but that's just us..

• Like 3

My understanding is that it only includes wine with lunch and dinner.  Other drinks are for purchase.  If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

There is a happy hour each afternoon that I read about on Oceania's site.  😍   🍷

12 minutes ago, Robb said:

My understanding is that it only includes wine with lunch and dinner.  Other drinks are for purchase.  If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

There is a happy hour each afternoon that I read about on Oceania's site.  😍   🍷

It also includes champagne and port during meal times....some have had success with getting a mimosa at breakfast (I have but YMMV)...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, basor said:

It also includes champagne and port during meal times....some have had success with getting a mimosa at breakfast (I have but YMMV)...

delete

Edited by clo
duplicate

Need more input here. The last time we were in Brazil in 2023, that Tax applied to more than alcohol, everything we bought in a shop or Spa, etc.  Please someone who has been there in 2024 verify your charges. The only solution the ship shops offered was that they would put the items/clothing/jewelry, etc on HOLD/Lay Away until we left Brazilian waters, then we went in and paid for the items and avoided that Tax. Alcohol in the bars, etc, we paid. 
Please confirm so misinformation does not prevail.

Mauibabes

2 hours ago, Robb said:

Yes, 2 of the same drink from the regular bar menu in Horizons and Martinis for the price of one from (usually) 5-6 pm (sometimes Horizons or Martinis will be closed for a function though). After the show ~10-11 pm (?) Horizons has 2-for-1 happy hour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, basor said:

It also includes champagne and port during lunch and dinner 

Both of which are wines! 😂

Yes, cabs, Malbec, Chardonnay, and Sav Blanc, all wines on the wine by the glass list , are included.

For both wines and beer, the package only includes those listed on the wine “ by the glass “ list and the beer list. 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Both of which are wines! 😂

Absolutely true but some of us, more dense,  did not realize that port was included until several sailings in but we made up for that mistake on the subsequent sailings😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Yes, 2 of the same drink from the regular bar menu in Horizons and Martinis for the price of one from (usually) 5-6 pm (sometimes Horizons or Martinis will be closed for a function though). After the show ~10-11 pm (?) Horizons has 2-for-1 happy hour.

10 hours ago, pinotlover said:

👍

Prior to Simply More last summer, the cost of a beverage package was much higher, we had on board credit and knew about happy hours and cocktail parties, so we decided to pay as we go.   My wine of choice on the ship is $16 a glass, plus 20%.  I did my best to make happy hours, but honestly, my husband prefers tea time with the sweets and it was always a rush to make 5-6, and I wasn't enjoying my wine while rushing ... and so on.  This time, for $30 per day, I can enjoy my wine when I want it, not rush, and enjoy a Bailey's before bed, etc.  I'm happy with that aspect of Simply More.  Not so happy with the excursion credits as we can't seem to book anything.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lilybug said:

Prior to Simply More last summer, the cost of a beverage package was much higher, we had on board credit and knew about happy hours and cocktail parties, so we decided to pay as we go.   My wine of choice on the ship is $16 a glass, plus 20%.  I did my best to make happy hours, but honestly, my husband prefers tea time with the sweets and it was always a rush to make 5-6, and I wasn't enjoying my wine while rushing ... and so on.  This time, for $30 per day, I can enjoy my wine when I want it, not rush, and enjoy a Bailey's before bed, etc.  I'm happy with that aspect of Simply More.  Not so happy with the excursion credits as we can't seem to book anything.  

You last comment concerns me.  What trouble have you had booking excursions?  We have a cruise for December and I've already booked two.  Is there a hurdle I'm unaware of?  I called with some questions and was told to book additional excursions by calling back.  I wondered why I was being discouraged from using the website, since it worked for the first two.

16 hours ago, workstocruise said:

We just booked a cruise on the Marina for March 2025 to South America. We haven’t sailed with Oceania since before Covid. We had 3 cruises booked but after the shutdown, all three of them were canceled and when things got better we switched to Celebrity.  I’m not familiar with the Simply More program and my booking says we have a beverage pkg included in our cost. We’ve never had a beverage pkg with Oceania so I’m not sure what that entails.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Are you on the March 6th, 2025 Marina cruise from Santiago? If so here is a link to our Roll Call. MARINA March 6th 2025, Santiago Chile to Buenos Aires-18 Days. - Marina Roll Calls - Cruise Critic Community

2 hours ago, lilybug said:

... I did my best to make happy hours, but honestly, my husband prefers tea time with the sweets and it was always a rush to make 5-6, and I wasn't enjoying my wine while rushing ... and so on.  This time, for $30 per day, I can enjoy my wine when I want it, not rush, and enjoy a Bailey's before bed, etc....

Though do remember that O allows you to bring on board all the beer, hard liquor and wine you want at embarkation and in ports. So you could bring your own Bailey's or equivalent and drink it before bed in your cabin. We sit on our veranda and drink our own alcohol. (The beer and hard liquor can only be consumed in your cabin. You can pay a corkage fee to drink your own wine in their restaurants.)

3 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though do remember that O allows you to bring on board all the beer, hard liquor and wine you want at embarkation and in ports. So you could bring your own Bailey's or equivalent and drink it before bed in your cabin. We sit on our veranda and drink our own alcohol. (The beer and hard liquor can only be consumed in your cabin. You can pay a corkage fee to drink your own wine in their restaurants.)

Thus sayeth the person that proclaimed they will only eat at two tops and seems to dislike intermingling with any of the other guest. Yes, some people do certainly enjoy sitting in their cabins drinking alone.

For the rest of us that enjoy meeting and co-mingling with our fellow passengers, the Happy Hours particularly in Martinis and Horizons are a great place to do so. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

We are new to Oceania but I thought we could only bring wine onboard and that is limited to 6 bottles per stateroom per cruise. Here is all I could find on the O website:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

For the rest of us that enjoy meeting and co-mingling with our fellow passengers, the Happy Hours particularly in Martinis and Horizons are a great place to do so

This is part of the reason we cruise.  We love to talk with people.  In the word's of the MC "What good is sitting alone in your room, come to the Cabaret".  We don't drink to get drunk, we drink because we enjoy it and the people who share a drink with us.  I hope I will meet you someday p\notlover and we can share a drink together.     

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Thus sayeth the person that proclaimed they will only eat at two tops and seems to dislike intermingling with any of the other guest. Yes, some people do certainly enjoy sitting in their cabins drinking alone.

For the rest of us that enjoy meeting and co-mingling with our fellow passengers, the Happy Hours particularly in Martinis and Horizons are a great place to do so. 

Really, so one can only properly "meet and co-mingle" when drinking expensive alcohol sold by O? Who knew. Guess those that don't drink alcohol at all can't meet or mingle at all? Don't forget, there is the Captain's Party and the Repeater Party, too. But there the alcohol is free. 

Ask Southern Gary about intermingling. Took me a while, but I found him on our cruise. Kept asking older men who looked like his avatar, "Do you have a Southern Gary account on Cruise Critic?" Found him day drinking at the pool bar. I have no problem getting to know passengers on board all over the ship. When your wife smokes and you don't you can meet a lot of passengers & senior crew in the smoking lounge up top or by the pool.

And we all know that so many passengers do not want to share a table for dinner. I would, but my wife absolutely will not. That's her call.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are new to Oceania but I thought we could only bring wine onboard and that is limited to 6 bottles per stateroom per cruise. Here is all I could find on the O website:

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board

The ONE sure thing I've learned across 4 O cruises since 12/2021 is that O has all sorts of actual practices that aren't quite their published "rules" or "policies". So just as people are reportedly rudely hogging loungers by the pool in violation of a "policy", O allows you to bring on all the alcohol you want. O is loath to every tell a passenger, "You can't do that". See the often clusterfoxtrot disembarkation process. What is supposed to happen and what actually happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iowananny said:

This is part of the reason we cruise.  We love to talk with people.  In the word's of the MC "What good is sitting alone in your room, come to the Cabaret"....     

You don't have to drink or smoke or dance to meet people all over the ships. You literally run into them in elevators, laundry rooms, concierge lounges, in line in the TC at the grilling station and so many more places daily.

Great place to meet fellow cruisers on Riviera is in the big therapy pool on the spa deck (Marina doesn't have it nor do the 4 smaller R-class ships). Met a plethora of fun people there in the early evening after a long hard wonderful day's excursion.