Question for Ken, Ourusualbeach

Moon Orchid

13 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello - We are sailing out August 25th on Odyssey and my daughter wants to join. We check the Royal website daily, but it appears sold out and the sailing no longer populates. Can you please confirm whether it is actually sold out? Thank you very much!

Unfortunately the sailing is currently closed.(sold out) with no ability to even waitlist a cabin.  There is a chance that cabins open back up but it's a small chance and prices will probably be crazy high if they do. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately the sailing is currently closed.(sold out) with no ability to even waitlist a cabin.  There is a chance that cabins open back up but it's a small chance and prices will probably be crazy high if they do. 

Thank you very much .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello - We are sailing out August 25th on Odyssey and my daughter wants to join. We check the Royal website daily, but it appears sold out and the sailing no longer populates. Can you please confirm whether it is actually sold out? Thank you very much!

Another good reason to not only use a TA for questions, but to use them to book as well.  They typically have better ability to make examples like this happen.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Upgrade bids have nothing to do with that!

I have bid on so called sold out cruises before.  RCI was still taking bids even though it showed sold out.  I won a bid on one of them.  (Cancellations, no shows, etc.)

But this one, won't even let me try to bid.   When I emailed the WC desk, she told me due to over sold condition they were not even putting the bid system out there.  

Soooo...it indeed it DOES have something to do with it in my case.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have bid on so called sold out cruises before.  RCI was still taking bids even though it showed sold out.  I won a bid on one of them.  (Cancellations, no shows, etc.)

But this one, won't even let me try to bid.   When I emailed the WC desk, she told me due to over sold condition they were not even putting the bid system out there.  

Only if you believe what they tell you - to make you go away!😁

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Only if you believe what they tell you - to make you go away!😁

Oh sure...they want to make my bid money go away....I can see that. 🤪  

So why did they accept my 20K on my bid last year?  😉  63 nights in a GS, versus a balcony.  Worth it.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh sure...they want to make my bid money go away....I can see that. 🤪  

So why did they accept my 20K on my bid last year?  😉  63 nights in a GS, versus a balcony.  Worth it.  

Seriously?  Bids are a 3rd party operation and you are trying to argue with a RCL call center agent about it?

No wonder they give you something - so you free up their line for serious stuff....

Edited by cruiseboy89130

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I hope no one is bumped off the cruise. 

4 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Another good reason to not only use a TA for questions, but to use them to book as well.  They typically have better ability to make examples like this happen.

I used TA before and it didn’t end up well. And I have been booking all the cruises by myself since. I appreciate Ken helpful advices. He is so kind when we need help.