New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

arizonaperson

New information added.

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room will be where ever traditional is, but no need to make a reservation for those.

Hopefully , others can just add to this list to keep everybody informed.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.
Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

Open seating AKA walk-in is just that. 

Caribbean Princess 

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Coral dining room is walk-in?
And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes 

Crown Princess

Botticelli  is reservable

Michelangelo is traditional

Diamond Princess

Savoy and Vivaldi are reservable

International dining room is traditional at 5:20 PM and 7:50 pm

Pacific Moon and Santa Fe are walk-in 

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reserverable??)

Ketchikan- reservable

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Michelangelo is traditional at 5 PM and 7:30 PM

Botticelli is reservable

Island Princess

Provence- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux- reservable,every 20 minutes 

Regal Princess

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minutes 

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess 

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky Princess 

Soleil- some say traditional,some say reservable?

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-?

• Thanks 6

9 hours ago, rjack22 said:

Sky Princess.  Cielo dining room is for reservations every 20 minutes.

The times available are listed.

Originally, I booked 6.30 pm, then went back and changed it to 6.10pm, as I thought it would be better for seeing a show.

This if for September 1st, so before the new dining starts on September 15th.

Edited by upwarduk

@upwarduk thanks for your information and have a wonderful cruise. But this thread is primarily for those that are trying to figure out the new system for September 14/15 , 2024  voyages/ cruises and going forward not prior to.

Glad you were able to switch your reservation to the dining time of your choosing -that is always a great thing, especially with so many that are reporting they’re having trouble with the app and some with the web version of the dining system.

So we shall see if on Sky Princess if Cielo stays ( after that magic date of September 14 )to the reservable every 20 minute reservation system as time progresses.

I have a question about how the word "Traditional" is being used here.  True "Traditional" meant that you selected that option and you were seated at the same time at the same table every night with the same tablemates.  Once that option was selected, using the "Anytime" Dining Rooms was frowned upon, but we all know that it was done.  But the intent was that the guest would remain in the same place each night.  When reservations began on Sun Princess earlier this year, the Horizons Dining Room on Deck 6 was set up to accommodate a similar dining style, with an early and a late seating, but people making reservations were not required to commit to that choice.  The reservation system allows you to dine on Deck 6 one night, (either early or late) and then make reservations for the Deck 7 Dining Room for the next 3 nights, and then come back to Deck 6 and choose either early or late even if it differs from the choice you made on the first night.  In other words, Deck 6 isn't "Traditional" at all, even though we (and perhaps Princess) have called it that.  All it is is a slower paced, twice a night seating dining room that you can use if you choose.  Now perhaps that will change in the future, but as of right now, it isn't Traditional in the way we used to use that term.

Are the dining rooms listed as "Traditional" in this thread operating the way they are for Sun Princess, or are they getting set up for pre-Covid Traditional dining that requires a commitment to dine at the same time in the same place every night?  

8 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I have a question about how the word "Traditional" is being used here.  True "Traditional" meant that you selected that option and you were seated at the same time at the same table every night with the same tablemates.  Once that option was selected, using the "Anytime" Dining Rooms was frowned upon, but we all know that it was done.  But the intent was that the guest would remain in the same place each night.  When reservations began on Sun Princess earlier this year, the Horizons Dining Room on Deck 6 was set up to accommodate a similar dining style, with an early and a late seating, but people making reservations were not required to commit to that choice.  The reservation system allows you to dine on Deck 6 one night, (either early or late) and then make reservations for the Deck 7 Dining Room for the next 3 nights, and then come back to Deck 6 and choose either early or late even if it differs from the choice you made on the first night.  In other words, Deck 6 isn't "Traditional" at all, even though we (and perhaps Princess) have called it that.  All it is is a slower paced, twice a night seating dining room that you can use if you choose.  Now perhaps that will change in the future, but as of right now, it isn't Traditional in the way we used to use that term.

Are the dining rooms listed as "Traditional" in this thread operating the way they are for Sun Princess, or are they getting set up for pre-Covid Traditional dining that requires a commitment to dine at the same time in the same place every night?  

On Enchanted the TD room seams to be set up as true traditional dining. If you select either the 5 or 7:30 time your whole cruise is populated with it and if you try to then book in Reservation room it says double booked and errors out. I had to cancel traditional then it let me book in Reservation room. 

@JimmyVWine

I don’t think anybody really knows the answer to that question and how it will be enforced. Most of us know how each time that they’ve changed dining how the rules are enforced or not and sometimes it’s become a mess and sometimes it works out perfect.
But I think the way that Princess wants passengers to do it is :if you book traditional dining, i.e. 5 PM or 7:30 PM that’s booked for your whole cruise ,not sure how you book specialty restaurants by doing that -maybe you can’t?

Seems that all the ships other than the Sun Princess only have one dining room set aside for traditional and two different times slots -so you wouldn’t be able to go back in forth deck to deck,because it’s not available like the sun.
Good question on the traditional dining if you get the same table, same waiters, private table or shared table each and every night. I have seen some passengers posting about their reservation and certain dining rooms and they’ve been able to select private table or shared table.

if you choose to book the reservable dining room ( every 20 minute slots)you can do that I believe for one night, two nights, all your nights for different times, but who knows what table ?I’m assuming a different table  & different staff each reservation.

or just do walk-in, which would not interfere with any specialty dining or if you went to the buffet or if you went to casual dining, etc.

I think it’s a learning curve at this point until it’s all implemented and “ going on” and I’m sure each ship will be different on how it’s enforced or not enforced.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

This is what Princess stated in their 6/18/24 email however how it’ll be applied is unknown…sometimes Princess lacks standardized fleetwide.

“Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms”. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to change bookings without deleting original first? We booked Traditional in Michelangelo on Crown as there weren't any other options open. We don't mind this but would prefer to change to Reservable but it comes up with "no slots available". I don't want to risk cancelling and then re-reserving, Is it possible the other options haven't loaded? I did see on another of our cruises on Crown where we chose Reservable it does give the option of Traditional, but the cruise I am looking at does not offer the reverse

In the past, when I have made reservations on the app, if the system detects that you are double-booking because you didn’t first cancel your existing reservation, the system will warn you that completing the new booking will result in the automatic cancellation of the existing booking. I have done this by booking Specialty dining without first canceling my MDR reservation just in case the Specialty dining availability proved to be illusory. Once my Specialty reservation was completed the MDR reservation was cancelled. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

In the past, when I have made reservations on the app, if the system detects that you are double-booking because you didn’t first cancel your existing reservation, the system will warn you that completing the new booking will result in the automatic cancellation of the existing booking. I have done this by booking Specialty dining without first canceling my MDR reservation just in case the Specialty dining availability proved to be illusory. Once my Specialty reservation was completed the MDR reservation was cancelled. 

In one of my Crown bookings we booked Reservable but it still shows Traditional times as an option it looks possible to change to - it might come up with a double booking error but it is there. But in the reverse situation on another Crown, we booked Traditional and won't give any other options at all.

I'm on the Coral in April, tried to get Traditional dining, private table, for the entire cruise, but couldn't.  It would only give me a private table on 5 of the 16 nights, the other nights had to be shared.  So much for same table, same waiter... another Princess screw up.

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

New information added.

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of 7-1-2024 -their dining room reservation.  Also have seen posts that passengers don’t have their cruise paid in full & they were able to book dining. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book recently , so not set in stone on accuracy.

I would think reserve collection dining room will be where ever traditional is, but no need to make a reservation for those.

The reservable a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Caribbean Princess 

And Palm Is  reservable?

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes 

Crown Princess

Diamond Princess

Discovery Princess

Juneau- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm( someone else reported reserverable??)

Ketchikan- reservable

Skagway- walk in

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Capri- walk in

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Botticelli is reservable

Island Princess

Provence- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm

Bordeaux- reservable,every 20 minutes 

Regal Princess

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minutes 

Concerto- walk in

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess 

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes 

Sky Princess 

Soleil- some say traditional,some say reservable?

Estrella- walk in

Cielo-?

For our cruise on the Island Princess, Provence is showing bookable every 20 minutes, and Bordeaux has no times and nothing available, so the opposite. We are not sailing until 2026 though.

Edited by sunviking90

4 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@JimmyVWine

I don’t think anybody really knows the answer to that question and how it will be enforced. Most of us know how each time that they’ve changed dining how the rules are enforced or not and sometimes it’s become a mess and sometimes it works out perfect.
But I think the way that Princess wants passengers to do it is :if you book traditional dining, i.e. 5 PM or 7:30 PM that’s booked for your whole cruise ,not sure how you book specialty restaurants by doing that -maybe you can’t?

Normally when you have traditional dining, if you book a specialty restaurant, you just inform your waiter and tablemates you will not be dining in the MDR the next day. That way they won’t be waiting for you to show up and can start dinner once all the other tablemates show up.

As far as booking traditional dining, I had to do it day by day for the days not going to a specialty restaurant. So instead of checking the box to make the same reservation for every day of the cruise, you do each day individually. Alternatively, you can check the box to make the same reservation each day of the cruise and then delete the days you’ll go to specialty restaurants. I was afraid it would delete my specialty restaurant reservations if I checked the box but I tried it both ways and my specialty restaurant reservations were still there either way.

• Like 1

No problems booking for February 2025.

However, was a little confused for later in the year. I was able to book my dining for our September 2025 even though I got this message

IMG_6025.thumb.jpeg.7a4aa19400b321cfa0c547b37e5a0ad9.jpeg

So I didn’t think I booked. I went back later and found all the reservations  added to my schedule. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 3:56 AM, arizonaperson said:

Some have stated that they have a guarantee room and they were able to book as of today their dining room reservation. I have just compiled this list loosely from the posts under the dining threads of those that were able to book today.

Caribbean Princess 

And Palm Is  reservable?

Crown Princess

Diamond Princess

Enchanted Princess

Amalfi dining room -I believe is reservable

Emerald Princess 

DA Vinci walk-in

Botticelli is reservable

Grand Princess

Botticelli is reservable

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Ruby Princess

Any idea as to which is which on Sky Princess ?

10 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Any idea as to which is which on Sky Princess ?

I'm on Sky in April and I can book a range of times (20 minutes apart) for Cielo Dining room. Soleil has two times, 5.30pm and 7.50pm, so that must be the Traditional (2 available times) style dining room. Estrella isn't listed so I gather that is anytime walk up.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I'm on Sky in April and I can book a range of times (20 minutes apart) for Cielo Dining room. Soleil has two times, 5.30pm and 7.50pm, so that must be the Traditional (2 available times) style dining room. Estrella isn't listed so I gather that is anytime walk up.

Super, thank you. Will check it out when the wife get's off the phone, so maybe next week with luck ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leck57 said:

Just got the phone and on my App it gives all times available on Sleil and Cielo, but nothing as you say for Estrella. Si in essence still can't get what I need. Frustrating to say the least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glad Bailey said:

There is confusion on Sky at the moment.

I am not going until 2026,but as elite can book dining now.

Soleil is available for booking at 20 minute intervals,but not

able to book anything for other two dining rooms.

Have to wait until the contradictions are sorted out

I can book dining on Soleil and Cielo except that both state 20 minute interval times. Estrella on the other hand has nothing available so maybe this will be the anytime or walk in. Who know's. My wife say's phone Princess, but I am more inclined to wait a while as we don't sail until September so about two and a half months away. Am really looking forward to this cruise as a new ship to us and changed allegiance from P&O after a really poor 35 nighter last year onboard Ventura.