Live from the Land of Princess

I have questions!

What is this?

IMG_6354.thumb.jpeg.db8a4e6d0c103bb5f42867aa562f01db.jpeg

Did Princess get a bulk discount on props from the movie set of Hairspray? This is useless.

IMG_6355.thumb.jpeg.6238f0dd0ffd491b806e94f294da5e54.jpeg

How do I make a dining reservation when this happens?

IMG_6356.thumb.png.0ec7fbceda5100626527e38ebc901c29.png

Are there secret showers onboard?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

For dining, click on the individual restaurant rather than using the date/time thing. The other questions.... you're on your own!

Have they played Sweet Caroline yet?

• Haha 9

17 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

For dining, click on the individual restaurant rather than using the date/time thing. The other questions.... you're on your own!

Have they played Sweet Caroline yet?

Yes. When I was in line at guest services for 45 minutes. I’m not normally a violent person but I almost threw a shoe. Didn’t even make it one day without Sweet Caroline.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

The sailaway crowds dwindled as we manoeuvred farther away from Manhattan but I stayed out on the bow of deck 15 just loving every moment. I wrote, enjoyed the sun and the solitude and the feeling of anticipatory excitement for what’s to come. Eventually the wind picked up speed and it was so strong it blew my hair right out of the scrunchie! A deck guy came to start stacking deck chairs and he saw me leaving and told me I didn’t have to go. I said I was leaving because it was too windy then we chatted a bit. I saw him again about 4 hours later as I was walking across a different outside deck and we both smiled and waved. 

Needing some exercise, I did deck laps then about 6:30 pm decided to try Provence Dining Room. The line was long and wasn’t moving so I headed to Horizon Court buffet instead. 

I was super impressed with the presentation, variety, station set ups, flow of the buffet and seating. 10/10.

IMG_6361.thumb.jpeg.78310bb4c4571647337ce6a2a050bb2d.jpeg

I loved every item I selected. Probably my top three items were the orzo salad with feta, the raw veggie cup and the amazing vegetarian curry. It was rich in cloves, cardamom and saffron and smelled and tasted heavenly. Since I get so seasick I didn’t have any fried food. I also wasn’t super hungry so just had small portions.

The evening show in the theatre was Midatlantic Men.
IMG_6324.thumb.jpeg.6215d29f4a96a6eaf6f03714b53df248.jpeg

IMG_6327.thumb.jpeg.3a1ccc34a406d404be365284915ebd14.jpeg

IMG_6325.thumb.jpeg.9e6abb5f9693f1e014a4d474a73d21c3.jpeg

They are three friends and roommates in New York who perform on Broadway. At first I thought it reminded me of Jersey Boys then in the finale when they introduced themselves it was revealed one of the guys is from the Broadway production of Jersey Boys. I had seen another member of the trio before in NY on Broadway in Dear Evan Hansen. They did mash ups and full songs of Queen, Journey, Elvis, The Beatles, Tina Turner, Coldplay, Adele, Elton John, Billy Joel, Madonna and Les Miserables. What a fantastic show! Check them out on Instagram!
The seats were super comfy but I did have to move because about 15 minutes into the show a couple came and sat in front of me and I think they had just sampled all the perfumes in the gift shop because they smelled like a perfume factory explosion.

I had to scoot six seats away to inhale some non-toxic air.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

My dad would love this ship: just look at the typos! This would bring him close to Nirvana.

In a few days we will be in Newfounfland 

IMG_6256.thumb.jpeg.54b1f815d898923f3709354f3052d089.jpeg

Tonight one could enjoy some flacks in the buffet 

IMG_6260.thumb.jpeg.921120c185b3353e3e8badb2d9853a85.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

Posted (edited)

@YVRteacher I think the light is an emergency light/ signal? Hope it never goes off,mine never did.

🤣🤣 on the hairdryer. My hair is thin so it works ok for me,but we always bring our favorite travel hair dryer,but maybe with your carry only you need to air dry or use that one on the wall.

Darn app! Could you have called dine line to make reservations or stopped by said restaurant or do walk in?

oh my on the spelling errors!! Our local news program does that on the bottom scroll! Isn’t anyone checking?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

I tried to use the one on the wall. 20 minutes later I still had wet hair. The next time I shower I’m just going to go stand out in the wind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It is 1:38am and I’m now 4 hours ahead of PST.

I am going to go to bed now but wanted to leave with one final word:

IMG_6351.thumb.jpeg.6069f0b68a79592713777b515e1011a9.jpeg

Cake.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I tried to use the one on the wall. 20 minutes later I still had wet hair. The next time I shower I’m just going to go stand out in the wind.

We were on Emerald Princess in May and there was a stand alone hairdryer in our room in addition to the wall mounted one. Maybe ask your cabin steward if they have an extra one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Cake.

Oh my!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Cake.

Wish I was on this cruise.  I like the newer ships but Island looks quite nice.

Thanks for taking us along.

• Like 1

I had to laugh when I read about your experience trying to change your birthday.  On the apt, they had me ten years older than I am (yikes!). Fortunately the rep I called was able to quickly correct it.

4 hours ago, dog said:

I like the newer ships but Island looks quite nice.

Long time Princess cruiser - love the smaller older ships 🚢❤️

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Oh my!

This was what inspired Marie Antoinette to utter her famous line. However, few people realize that the original line was, "Let them eat cookies." But then she saw the cake on the Island Princess and the rest is history.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Now I can bring home even more Omnom bars!

I bought a few Omnom bars and found out I did not like the salted licorice one. I tried...I tried really hard to like it for you. Had I known I would have left my one remaining bar at your Newark hotel.

Thank you for taking us on another exciting journey! You are my summer vacation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Sounds like this adventure is beginning on a better note than The Star. 

As always, I pray for you and for your Dad.  I do that he does well while you are gone.

BIG BIG BIG BIG HUG

Love and prayers always,

Mandy

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Thank you for taking us on another exciting journey! You are my summer vacation.

Enjoying this moderate heatwave & humidity, hopefully your AC is working again, Amazon Prime Day coming up - tower fans ??  

LOL ... your passport renewal in "processing" yet, are you tracking it online 😁 

July's NCL Insiders Offer is "out" - multiple spam mails from PCC again, as usual - but, thankfully, have them noted on their "Do Not Call" list, just email & that's it cause Google Gemini won't allow their calls to get thru, AI diversion to voicemail only.   Click bait (up to 24 points) promo on the advertised Escape next March, haha - mock booking, "No Deal" as it is for full suites or Haven, just 1 extra point for steerage. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

I think the light is an emergency light/ signal?

I saw another post that said that’s like a flashlight that can be removed. I’ve not tried this. Your cabin steward can advise!

7 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

I saw another post that said that’s like a flashlight that can be removed. I’ve not tried this. Your cabin steward can advise!

But what if it is an alarm and I pull it off the wall and the whole ship has to evacuate? This is just my first Princess cruise and I want to be let on another another one…

• Haha 12