When does TA onboard credit show up?

47 minutes ago, asctony said:

Just tried to do a Galley Tour to see if I could see my OBC in the X App.

I had to drill down 5 levels and still did not see OBC.

Totally useless!

Did you go all the way where you would put in a credit card number.... that is when it shows.   If not there you may want to contact your agent or Celebrity and ask why.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did you go all the way where you would put in a credit card number.... that is when it shows.   If not there you may want to contact your agent or Celebrity and ask why.

No, I did not drill down that far.

May try and report results. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, asctony said:

It's a shame that Cruise Lines have IT personnel who do not take the time and effort to code using the ole KISS method. It is apparent that they also do not employ V&V, Verification & Validation Testing, before they release their applications.

The apps are not User Friendly either.

If you think Celebrity's is bad  you should have a look at MSC's  MSC's is really good once you are onboard he ship and connected to their WiFi but before then, not very helpful.

45 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If you think Celebrity's is bad  you should have a look at MSC's  MSC's is really good once you are onboard he ship and connected to their WiFi but before then, not very helpful.

Yes, we cruise MSC every year. All the cruise lines need IT help, bad.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Was you Agent offering Refundable or Non-Refundable.    Some agencies get special promotional OBC and it is applied as non-refundable and thus shows up early.

Not sure.  But perhaps non refundable if that is applied early.

Edited by Shiba_Lover

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Did it today using the X site. Finally found it after many tries. Not User Friendly both the X site & X App.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, asctony said:

Did it today using the X site. Finally found it after many tries. Not User Friendly both the X site & X App.

Celebrity IT systems are not perfect, but several posts explained exactly how to find the information.

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Celebrity IT systems are not perfect, but several posts explained exactly how to find the information.

It's apparent Celebrity ITY systems are not perfect! Thank you for your opinion, too.

However, no one should have to read several posts to know how to find the information. Not everyone reads Cruise Critics.  Too many shortcomings with their applications. Regardless whether it is on their Site or their App. 

Someone needs to make an app User Friendly. Speaking from years of experience in IT!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

It's apparent Celebrity ITY systems are not perfect! Thank you for your opinion, too.

However, no one should have to read several posts to know how to find the information. Not everyone reads Cruise Critics.  Too many shortcomings with their applications. Regardless whether it is on their Site or their App. 

Someone needs to make an app User Friendly. Speaking from years of experience in IT!

The information the OP was looking for can be found in 30 seconds by logging into the Celebrity website and using one’s eyeballs to look in the top right corner of the screen.  Is it really that hard?

My comment was in response to more ranting AFTER I nicely (?) explained how to find the information.

There is also an obscure website called Google.  It’s useful now that Celebrity has disconnected all their telephones.

Edited by zitsky

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

The information the OP was looking for can be found in 30 seconds by logging into the Celebrity website and using one’s eyeballs to look in the top right corner of the screen.  Is it really that hard?

My comment was in response to more ranting AFTER I nicely (?) explained how to find the information.

There is also an obscure website called Google.  It’s useful now that Celebrity has disconnected all their telephones.

You sound very obnoxious.

Relax a little. Hope you never have a question or can't find an answer 

I personally believe that Celebrity system is poor when you try to use there apps.

R U A Cheerleader?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, asctony said:

You sound very obnoxious.

Relax a little. Hope you never have a question or can't find an answer 

I personally believe that Celebrity system is poor when you try to use there apps.

R U A Cheerleader?

I will not comment on how annoying it is that someone continues to complain even after you provide them a solution that takes 30 seconds of their time.  I should have just let people keep ranting about how horrible Celebrity was.  My bad.  Maybe next time instead of providing a solution, I should just tell them to Google it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Someone needs to make an app User Friendly. Speaking from years of experience in IT

With your years of experience in IT, I look forward to seeing your new Celebrity app in the app store.  Please let me know if you need any beta testers. 

45 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

With your years of experience in IT, I look forward to seeing your new Celebrity app in the app store.  Please let me know if you need any beta testers. 

I would also offer to Beta as an Independent Verification & Validation 3rd Party Tester.

I believe the problem today is that they have no Functional knowledge, not use user reviews prior to releases. Functional testing.

22 hours ago, asctony said:

Thanks for taking the time to help me and others. 

It's a shame that Cruise Lines have IT personnel who do not take the time and effort to code using the ole KISS method. It is apparent that they also do not employ V&V, Verification & Validation Testing, before they release their applications.

The apps are not User Friendly either.

Thanks again!

Most cruise line IT Departments use POGE. The Principle Of Good Enough.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark_K said:

Most cruise line IT Departments use POGE. The Principle Of Good Enough.  

They would be happy to do more testing if you don't mind your cruise fare going up by 1% so we can pay all the new QA testers.  A company can only do so much testing.  No product is going to be 100% perfect out the door.

Does anyone actually know if Celebrity includes cruise passengers in any part of their software or website testing?  I've never seen a mention of it.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

They would be happy to do more testing if you don't mind your cruise fare going up by 1% so we can pay all the new QA testers.  A company can only do so much testing.  No product is going to be 100% perfect out the door.

Does anyone actually know if Celebrity includes cruise passengers in any part of their software or website testing?  I've never seen a mention of it.

Which is exactly the point of POGE.  It’s kind of a corollary to the great is the enemy of the good. Another one I like is: Fast, Cheap, Good - Pick any two.

14 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Which is exactly the point of POGE.  It’s kind of a corollary to the great is the enemy of the good. Another one I like is: Fast, Cheap, Good - Pick any two.

I'm in project management and have supported various IT systems which is maybe why I'm not as harsh on Celebrity as some people.  You can have 1) Time 2) Cost 3) Quality.  Pick two.

Yes sometimes Celebrity's systems are not good.  But sometimes people don't pay attention to instructions.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I am being a little nit picky here but the Celebrity app is not from Celebrity.  It's developer is Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.   Just an FYI for future reference.  

Yes, I am aware Celebrity is a part of the Royal Caribbean group.

On 7/4/2024 at 1:22 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Usually by the 2nd day at the latest. We've had a couple times where we had to call the TA as it never showed up.

Our TA says she's had this happen to her customers too many times, and that it's often a hassle getting these settled while still aboard.  Now she always gives me the option of having a check sent to me at the end of the cruise.  It's usually here within a week of our return.

• 2 weeks later...

Partly thanks to coming across this thread I just noticed I have had promotional OBC (presumably from my TA or some promotion I didn't know about when we booked?) show up in my account. Our cruise isn't until December and I have no idea how long it has been there since I never noticed it in the app but I happened to sign in to the actual website and there it is. Definitely not very intuitive!

At the risk of asking a dumb question, since it's the first time I've had it, is the OBC per guest or per booking? 

14 minutes ago, TJ O'Pootertoot said:

Partly thanks to coming across this thread I just noticed I have had promotional OBC (presumably from my TA or some promotion I didn't know about when we booked?) show up in my account. Our cruise isn't until December and I have no idea how long it has been there since I never noticed it in the app but I happened to sign in to the actual website and there it is. Definitely not very intuitive!

At the risk of asking a dumb question, since it's the first time I've had it, is the OBC per guest or per booking? 

The amount you see in the upper right corner of your web based cruise planner is the amount per cabin, not per person.  So if you see $250, it's not $500 for two people, it's $250 total. 

The app is another story.  I've seen OBC as it appears in the planner split 50/50 between two pax in a cabin in the app (e.g., you might have $250 for the cabin, split $125/person in the app).  It seems to depend upon the source of the OBC.  The reasoning is a bit convoluted, but understand that each passenger has their own folio aboard ship, and expenditures against a person's Seapass card show up in that individual's own folio.  So I guess the line tries to divvy up OBC between the accounts?  It can be confusing at times.

• Like 1

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense and explains things nicely.

Because I'm  usually on the app, neither my wife nor I saw it so once I saw it on the website I had no idea where it came from or whether we had it separately. It's not a lot anyway but certainy better than nothing and this clears things up.