Live From the Sky Princess, 21-Day Norway-Baltic B2B, Jul 13 – Aug 3

Just now, dickinson said:

My dh has a question that you may have covered many pages back.  He wants to know how dressy men got on formal night?  Suits, tuexedos?  Nice shirt and tie?  Thanks.

There was definitely a mixture of tuxedos and suits as well as folks like me that wore a long sleeve button down shirt without a tie, dockers, and boat shoes. Those were pretty much the options we saw.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

There was definitely a mixture of tuxedos and suits as well as folks like me that wore a long sleeve button down shirt without a tie, dockers, and boat shoes. Those were pretty much the options we saw.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

After a tasty lunch up at the buffet, we went to the Piazza to watch the Tumble of the Giant Tower, which was the highlight of the day so far! 😂

IMG_1471.thumb.jpeg.5bcac852821d5f629c128714e6e97317.jpeg

A little after 2 pm, the rain finally stopped

IMG_1468.thumb.jpeg.af0912780299a00a9cece589bc9b24a6.jpeg

and we could actually see where the Atlantic Ocean (left) meets the Baltic Sea (right) just north of Skagen.

IMG_1469.thumb.jpeg.f387dd4b60c628ec8b6a9c15bda51bee.jpeg

Which of course got me thinking. What’s the weather forecasted for later on as we head down towards Copenhagen around 6 pm?

IMG_9478.thumb.jpeg.9c4c5efc98f261c11d860f70b8b2a5ea.jpeg

It looks like around 6 pm the clouds appear to have cleared out. Note: grey means light clouds while brown means no clouds forecasted.

IMG_9475.thumb.jpeg.4f7ecd4be44375b18a06af0699c0d4f0.jpeg

And then around 10 pm, the potential for another pretty sunset around 9:45 pm over Denmark is looking pretty good! 😁

IMG_9477.thumb.jpeg.33298f214ec3009e9e3295aa2f6ba0b3.jpeg

It looks like I wasted enough time forecasting the future, so I decided while the family was shopping downtown to take a few pictures of the wildlife around the little harbor across from the ship. 😁

IMG_1472.thumb.jpeg.80c1fe10585f88f32e50d6a8d36d2268.jpeg

IMG_1492.thumb.jpeg.aed7ca0ed2c412a2b6b8055d588acf4c.jpeg

IMG_1501.thumb.jpeg.66ef7c3c4916fed6e81a742483b0b138.jpeg

When I got back to the cabin, I could see the blue sky heading our way! Yay! 😁

IMG_1511.thumb.jpeg.4ede831b8e943ba209377511091c1900.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Looking forward to hearing how you spent your day in Skagen and any recommendations you have to share. 

Not much to share as you can now see from my above post. However, my DW and DD walked downtown to go shopping for some stuff. When she got back she made one thing very clear. Make sure you follow the blue line to get to town and more importantly follow the blue line back to the ship. If you deviate from the blue line on the way back to the ship, you won’t make it back! 😂

• Like 3

Hi. We got off this morning in the pouring rain and soaked through before we left the Harbour.  Skagen has some pretty little houses mostly yellow with red pan tile roofs. Nice pedestrian area in the center of town. We visited the glass factory which was on the route in on foot but there was a shuttle bus (didn't check price). Bought a paper weight with sand in it from the 2 seas.

Got tickets at the museum for 3 attractions €27. The museum hold the art collection.  Then you can visit the homes of 2,  19C painters. Anchers Hus was lovely, just how it was left in 1935.20240722_121408.thumb.jpg.4fcadb3c99d4b52bd62e152b83db0aec.jpg

20240722_101544.jpg

20240722_103304.jpg

20240722_110709.jpg

20240722_122425.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Malleykatt said:

Hope you don't mind me adding photos Ken?

No problem. Thanks for sharing! One suggestion if you decide to post multiple pictures again. Please enter a blank line with one space bar between photos. This way each photo stands on its own rather than blending with the next one.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Tonight after another tasty dinner in the Reserve Dining area, we headed to the theater to watch David Knight, who we saw last night in the Vista Lounge, do his thing! 😂

IMG_1517.thumb.jpeg.76c8a5c0b1befcfa3fa590e9973d81b0.jpeg

First, there were a couple preliminary tests to eliminate those that might be hard to hypnotize.

IMG_1518.thumb.jpeg.7bb98f160bb3fdc60940f7a118256167.jpeg

Then it was time to suggest they all play the piano.

IMG_1525.thumb.jpeg.424468d2b48dcc885be5cc71b0449917.jpeg

Then dance to some Beach Boys music.

IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.e91964a2954b9db97f60daa2e5b3b996.jpeg

The finally ride a race horse! 😂

IMG_1531.thumb.jpeg.803b6ccdf0a9c4433cc5c140992fd460.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The clouds definitely went away as it was a beautiful sunset this evening on the high seas! 😁

IMG_1539.thumb.jpeg.b69cb42aad08891eb91200ee01b3abdd.jpeg

Then the DW looked out the balcony door and saw this Great Cormorant checking out this awesome sunset as well! 😁

IMG_1553.thumb.jpeg.4866a28488a0ecb3a8c858f210a1fcab.jpeg

IMG_1556.thumb.jpeg.6adfc7d4c2aaa6cefcb6d19bd4f610c2.jpeg

• Like 9

Thanks for sharing this information! I noted the passport notification - are they actively checking that people are carrying their passports on them as they get on and off the ship? 

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Thanks for sharing this information! I noted the passport notification - are they actively checking that people are carrying their passports on them as they get on and off the ship? 

Ken may have a different answer, but when we went there last month,

the answer was No.

What did you think of hypnotist Ken?

On our sailing, it appeared several where Not hypnotized,

and was kind of awkward.

29 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

the answer was No.

and was kind of awkward.

Thank you!

I’d be interested in hearing Ken’s opinion of the hypnotist as well. On our recent Sky cruise he was really struggling to get people under and released quite a few. And of those remaining it was clear at least a couple were faking it. I felt bad for him - it was kind of painful. 

5 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

No, they didn’t check going or coming back to the ship. They are just saying you need to bring your passport rather than just an official government ID. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

the answer was No.

and was kind of awkward.

I think he asked 4-5 guests to sit down, and possibly some may have just been faking it a bit just to enjoy their 15 minutes of fame under the spotlight.  But we had fun watching them all do their thing, and I have to say we did laugh quite a bit and quietly made comments about some we thought may have been playing the role rather than being totally hypnotized. But I also have to say there was one frisky lady that did steal the limelight during much of the show. Well, until towards the end when a couple of guys tried to steal it from her! 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:
  • Which side of the ship when selecting a cabin has been best for views on the Norway section of your trip?
  •  

We really enjoyed the starboard side, which is where I took all of my photos while onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Thank you!

I’d be interested in hearing Ken’s opinion of the hypnotist as well. On our recent Sky cruise he was really struggling to get people under and released quite a few. And of those remaining it was clear at least a couple were faking it. I felt bad for him - it was kind of painful. 

Morning @Ken the cruiser

I'm not sure if you remember but on our Regal Princess two years ago David Knight did the same thing. I was so impressed I bought his memory stick with a load of hypnosis for various sports, confidence, positivity and smoke addiction etc. I wanted it to improve my golf game, but after many listens I can't honestly say it made any difference.

The memory stick did lighten my wallet by $115 however! 😂 

Edited by Esprit

See princess still flogging the shuttle to Orientkaj where pick up local transport harbour bus or metro.

The 25 bus from the ship goes to same place and is included on the local transport ticket 24DKK($3.50) single

• Thanks 1

I just started following this thread, thank you for do doing a "live" review.  Your pictures are wonderful.  I may have missed it but I didn't see pictures of your suite anywhere.  I know you are in a full suite but wonder which type and location.  We are booked on the Sky for its TA next year in a full suite and curious if you are enjoying the one you are in.  

Your cruise(s) have great itinerary, I'm sure the rest of the trip will be marvelous.