Getting from LAX to Long Beach Cruise Terminal

We are a group of 6. Which is most cost effective way to get from LAX to cruise port in Long Beach?  We are scheduled to arrive in LAX around 4pm and hoteling in Long Beach for the night before boarding next day. 1 Uber XL, airport shuttle, etc? Can someone recommend a reliable shuttle to Long Beach? This is our first time travelling in a group and prefer to ride in one vehicle.

I agree, we cruise out of long beach at least once a year and Uber/Lyft has always been the lowest price for us (and we fly in and out of both LAX and LGB).

The ride share lot is kind of a pain at LAX since you have to either walk or shuttle to it.  If you don't have much luggage (we only travel with carry-ons) I honestly think it's easier to just walk (but I hate crowded shuttles).

Group of 6 with luggage for a cruise, Uber might not be the best solution. For shuttles look at Xpress Shuttles LAX, Karmel, Zippy and Mickey's Spaceship Shuttle.

• Like 2

I have the same question, but we are only 4 people. With likely 4 suitcases (since we are staying on in LA after our cruise), we would have to book an Uber XL, which in principal is fine, but I have found some of the XL vehicles to be smaller than expected, which would be challenging with luggage.

Based on reviews, I am thinking about using Skyline Shuttle, but I'm not quite ready to reserve yet for December!

Since you mentioned the most cost effective method. If you really want to keep costs down, metro rail to Long Beach is only $1.75/person one way. This requires taking a shuttle from Lax to the Rail Station as well as a transfer from C to A line--not ideal if you have luggage.

5 hours ago, desert traveler said:

I am interested in transport for 2 people with luggage from LA port to LAX. I understand uber is an option but looking at other ideas.

What is it you are looking for? Uber is the fastest, most cost effective.

If going to a hotel in Hollywood ..do I need to go to LAX IT ? How do you get there ? May stay one night pre cruise to see a cruise friend and stay at WHollywood and then go to Long Beach one night before the cruise . Not sure what to do ??? 

5 hours ago, Archipelago said:

If going to a hotel in Hollywood ..do I need to go to LAX IT ? How do you get there ? May stay one night pre cruise to see a cruise friend and stay at WHollywood and then go to Long Beach one night before the cruise . Not sure what to do ??? 

When do you arrive (time of day)? How much luggage do you have? Are you traveling alone?

If I didn't have much luggage, traveling solo, I might be tempted to take the Flyaway Bus to Downtown LA and the subway to Hollywood. 

https://www.flylax.com/flyaway-bus/union-station

Uber would be my next choice and yes, you get your luggage, get on a LAX-it Bus and meet the Uber at the LAX-it Lot. 

There is no need to move hotels. Just stay in Hollywood/West Hollywood two nights and take an Uber in the morning to Long Beach.

I spoke to a rep. at the hotel we are staying in Long Beach and have arranged for a driver to pick us up at LAX and staying 3 nights and taking us to San Pedro for our cruise. Not cheap but I hope reliable LOL.

Just some clarification for those that don’t know.  Because there is so much congestion at LAX, there moved all the Uber and Lyft’s to an area called LAX-it (a pun on exit).  You need to take a dedicated shuttle from the terminal’s to the rideshare area.  It’s an extra step, at some point they area installing a people mover / tram to ease that also.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ranyw said:

Just some clarification for those that don’t know.  Because there is so much congestion at LAX, there moved all the Uber and Lyft’s to an area called LAX-it (a pun on exit).  You need to take a dedicated shuttle from the terminal’s to the rideshare area.  It’s an extra step, at some point they area installing a people mover / tram to ease that also.

I've found that depending on which terminal you arrive at, it's sometimes easier to just walk to the LAX-it area rather than waiting for a shuttle (that hopefully isn't already full).  It's a short walk from the terminals at the east end of the horseshoe (terminals 1, 7, and 8).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pkster said:

I've found that depending on which terminal you arrive at, it's sometimes easier to just walk to the LAX-it area rather than waiting for a shuttle (that hopefully isn't already full).  It's a short walk from the terminals at the east end of the horseshoe (terminals 1, 7, and 8).

Tell me if I'm wrong but I was informed that private  limo companies and UBER X can pick you up in front of your arrival terminal at LAX

2 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Tell me if I'm wrong but I was informed that private  limo companies and UBER X can pick you up in front of your arrival terminal at LAX

Private "black car" limos, yes. Not Uber X. You have to go to LAX-it for Uber X. Uber Black can pick you at your terminal.  

33 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Private "black car" limos, yes. Not Uber X. You have to go to LAX-it for Uber X. Uber Black can pick you at your terminal.  

Thanks I got the different types of UBER mixed up cause I do not have a UBER app LOL