Bringing soda onboard

Below are the details from the passage for carry on soda. Basically each person can carry on 12 x 12 oz cans. A couple could carry on 12 cans each which equals a case. From experience passengers have been able to carry on cans from ports of call.

• "Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

If we don't have a package, we always bring 1 liter plastic bottles of soda and never had them say a word.

Edited by 555
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Below are the details from the passage for carry on soda. Basically each person can carry on 12 x 12 oz cans. A couple could carry on 12 cans each which equals a case. From experience passengers have been able to carry on cans from ports of call.

• "Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

Thank you and everyone else who responded for the info.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 7:41 AM, skynight said:

On 7/5/2024 at 9:25 AM, 555 said:

If we don't have a package, we always bring 1 liter plastic bottles of soda and never had them say a word.

Not allowed anymore.  Took plastic bottles at embarkation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dog said:

Not allowed anymore.  Took plastic bottles at embarkation.

Where did you board.

All my recent experiences have been in FT Lauderdale, Fl. term #2 and never once have they said a word about my plastic bottles. 

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Where did you board.

All my recent experiences have been in FT Lauderdale, Fl. term #2 and never once have they said a word about my plastic bottles. 

Very interesting. Perhaps this is enforced for Carnival cruises not Princess because Carnival. 😁

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 7:41 AM, skynight said:

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Where did you board.

What does the Rules say?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, dog said:

What does the Rules say?

I don't care what the rules say, only what I was allowed to do when I boarded.  You do what you feel is proper for yourself.

Edited by 555
  • Like 1

Someone has already posted the official rules/guidelines from the Princess website so I won't bother with that, other than to say we do follow the rules/guidelines put forth in the passenger contract.  I just wanted to chime in with our experience from Galveston, since the OP didn't say where they are cruising from.  We were on the Regal in January and both my husband and I had the allowed 12 pack of diet Pepsi in our carry on bags.  We had to stop at the 'drinks security table' where a staff member opened our cardboard 12 packs, took out every single can, looked them over, and then put them all back in the cases and taped them up. 

Obviously the only reason we carried them on is we prefer Pepsi over Coke, and had no reason to 'smuggle' booze on as we both had the Plus package.

We have cruised from Southampton and Whittier in the past few months and didn't observe any 'drinks security table' at those ports, so it apparently varies from port to port.  

• Thanks 1

Just off of a 14-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec. We carried on soda in plastic bottles, wine, 6-packs of beer, and/or liquor at every port. All of it went through the scanners with no questions asked. Many other people were doing the same.

The written rules are quite a bit different than what actually is permitted.

YMMV.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

Just off of a 14-day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec. We carried on soda in plastic bottles, wine, 6-packs of beer, and/or liquor at every port. All of it went through the scanners with no questions asked. Many other people were doing the same.

YMMV.

Thanks for that,

I wasn’t treated the same as you were at Port Everglades.

Eventually Princess May go the way of NCL- none allowed even in cans.

But really, those who do not have to follow the rules , go for it.

done here

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

YMMV.

As you have noticed. 😄