Silly Princess Service People

I booked EZ Air with Princess months ago and noticed the price went down last month so I rebooked on the Princess site. It showed a negative amount meaning that I was owed. It was fast and easy. This is where service falls apart. My credit card didn't show any credit so I waited a couple of days and then called EZ Air who saw the amount but I had to be transferred to the main Princess service for credit. (Why couldn't they do it?) They said I'd be credited on my card in 10 to 20 business days but I should call my TA for more info. 

That time came and went so I called Princess yesterday and they saw the amount owed. They told me they were waiting for instruction on what to do with the credit. Instructions?? What are my options I asked. None I was told, it goes back on your card and that I'd be credited on my card in 10 to 20 business days but I should call my TA for more info. Grrr. So now I wait, again.

Love EZ Air and how easy it was to cancel and rebook but then the humans took over and wasted my time. 

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Interesting.  What did your TA say? 

I emailed the situation to my V2G TA last month. He was on holiday and never got back to me. He is OK at booking but really little more then that. I got a very good price and that's why I often book with them, not because of him.

I don't think I'll need his help on this. We'll see,

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

in 10 to 20 business days

.😁

• Thanks 1

@richstowe, I had a similar situation after refaring an EZAir flight, recently. Got the same , it is in process, please wait 10-15 business days. After 1 month, I called again and was told to still wait, it is still in process. I said no it has been in process too long. Finally transferred to someone who promised to keeps tabs and said it was finally submitted for refund back to my credit card.

I noticed the next day, the credit finally disappeared on the Princess payments page, so assume it should appear in my credit card statement soon.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the ‘normal’ for EZAir re fare refunds.

I have re-fared before 45 days and promptly returned to cc.  I have cancelled between 90-45 days and refunded promptly to cc.

I cancelled an excursion...it took forever.  After many calls, I was able to reach a knowledgeable agent who gave me enough information to solve the mystery.  Oops...it was refunded promptly, but I was looking at the "wrong" credit card.  

If you have a good TA, they will be able to go to bat for you via "Resolution Department".  

I had an EZAir refund for a covid cancelled cruise show up a full year after the fact.  Then of course everyone was having delayed refunds then.

4 hours ago, richstowe said:

He is OK at booking but really little more then that. I got a very good price and that's why I often book with them, not because of him

That's typical of TAs that specialize in low prices. The actual agent gets a very small commission if any. Some are only paid by the hour. What you save on price, you lose on service.

With the way things are these days, it's nice to have someone advocate for you when things go wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

That's typical of TAs that specialize in low prices. The actual agent gets a very small commission if any. Some are only paid by the hour. What you save on price, you lose on service.

With the way things are these days, it's nice to have someone advocate for you when things go wrong.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:46 AM, richstowe said:

I emailed the situation to my V2G TA last month. He was on holiday and never got back to me. He is OK at booking but really little more then that. I got a very good price and that's why I often book with them, not because of him.

I don't think I'll need his help on this. We'll see,

.😁

This happened to me and the only way it was resolved was getting my TA involved.

Wow! That's a surprise. Princess just credited me the full amount, even a couple of dollars more then I calculated. Its true that it's not the mistake, it's what happens after. So good on Princess, eventually. 👍

And no my TA never got back to me. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richstowe said:

Wow! That's a surprise. Princess just credited me the full amount, even a couple of dollars more then I calculated. Its true that it's not the mistake, it's what happens after. So good on Princess, eventually. 👍

And no my TA never got back to me. 🤷‍♂️

I assume the difference in amount is because of exchange rates used? EZAir in US dollars and your credit back in Canadian or the other way around?

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

I assume the difference in amount is because of exchange rates used? EZAir in US dollars and your credit back in Canadian or the other way around?

That's what I was thinking.