Change fees for Flight Ease?

We booked with Flight Ease and Air Canada moved up our flight time. Can I change the flight without paying a fee? I have not made final payment yet as cruise is in November.thanks

Two things.  1) as long as you had selected flexible fare and 2) you have not selected early ticketing, you can go into your booking and change your flight to what you would prefer.  However I would suspect at this point as your flight is in November, prices will have increased.  If you change your original booking you would have to pay current fare for whatever flight you are now going to choose.  

9 minutes ago, Niagarawine said:

We booked with Flight Ease and Air Canada moved up our flight time. Can I change the flight without paying a fee? I have not made final payment yet as cruise is in November.thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lido deck main said:

Two things.  1) as long as you had selected flexible fare and 2) you have not selected early ticketing, you can go into your booking and change your flight to what you would prefer.  However I would suspect at this point as your flight is in November, prices will have increased.  If you change your original booking you would have to pay current fare for whatever flight you are now going to choose.  

Are we able to just check what the current prices are on FE without canceling our current booking with them? I selected our flight home from Buenos Aires a while back and have noticed prices have gone down on flight trackers since then so I'd like to look and see what is currently available thru FE. I thought I had read that this can cause an unintended cancellation.

Absolutely you can check currently available options/prices without cancelling current booking. Just select change flight. As long as you don’t confirm the change prior to leaving the site, nothing will change. 

• Like 1

Just now, waiting2retire said:

Absolutely you can check currently available options/prices without cancelling current booking. Just select change flight. As long as you don’t confirm the change prior to leaving the site, nothing will change. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Lido deck main said:

Thank you!

If you are concerned that  poking around on FE could cause an unintended cancellation, use someone else for the browsing. There is a really good search engine for flights only and you can find it by searching on matrix ita. You can’t book on it, but it gives a wealth of information concerning flights. 

3 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

Exactly we do it all the time after booking flights with FE before final payment. You can also cancel the FE flights before final payment. We had used FE to book our BC/FC tickets for our Volendam cruise next month. Then in April we found the same American Itinerary direct with AA on the AA website for $300pp less. We booked the AA flights direct and canceled the HAL FE flights.

• Like 1

Be aware that if you call Fae to check on rate changes, they will adk your permission to cancel ypur current flights. It seems they cannot (or will not) check for updated prices w/o canceling current flights. So, it us really better to check yourself then simply close out the browser if you want to keep your current flights.

2 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Isn't there a phone number for Flight Ease? You could call to ask if there are other options without totally cancelling.

We were posting at the same time. No - see my post.

4 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Be aware that if you call Fae to check on rate changes, they will adk your permission to cancel ypur current flights. It seems they cannot (or will not) check for updated prices w/o canceling current flights. So, it us really better to check yourself then simply close out the browser if you want to keep your current flights.

We just recently had one leg of our flight changed by the airline and wanted to see if I could get an earlier flight (like the op I think).  I called FE and they looked for available earlier flights under my booking and couldn't find any but it did not cancel my existing flight. I went in after the conversation just to check and saw everything was okay.

26 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

We just recently had one leg of our flight changed by the airline and wanted to see if I could get an earlier flight (like the op I think).  I called FE and they looked for available earlier flights under my booking and couldn't find any but it did not cancel my existing flight. I went in after the conversation just to check and saw everything was okay.

That is a great change if that's what they're doing now for all FE bookings or if there has been some training. All 5 of my trips last year and the 1 I had early this year (Jan) they asked if I gave permission for them to cancel my flights. I explained each time that all I wanted to do was check to see if there was a lower fare and was told they couldn't do it with my current flights in place. 

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

That is a great change if that's what they're doing now for all FE bookings or if there has been some training. All 5 of my trips last year and the 1 I had early this year (Jan) they asked if I gave permission for them to cancel my flights. I explained each time that all I wanted to do was check to see if there was a lower fare and was told they couldn't do it with my current flights in place. 

That is strange. I know I checked once on my flight for next January and when they couldn’t find anything less, nothing changed.