Coffee maker question

I have seen people on here saying you can ask your room steward and they can provide a Keurig type coffee maker with pods for your cabin. Is this right? And is this available for any cabin type? I have an inside cabin booked for September Canada/New England, and am wondering if this would be a possibility. First NCL cruise, have always done Royal Caribbean in the past, and this type of "perk" would be limited to the higher suite categories, so just wanted to make sure that is not the case on NCL, before asking my steward for something I shouldn't. Thank you for any help you can provide me. 

3 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I believe you need to be in a balcony or better.

Thank you, I was afraid of that. I will now just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope I win my bid for a balcony. 🤣

9 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

Not really a Keurig type, more like a hotel type with sachets.

Coffee makers in Suites - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

Thank you, that would be just fine as well, but someone else said it is for balcony and up...so I guess it won't matter. 

Coffee makers are provided to balcony cabins and upward.  If you don't find the coffee maker in the cabin, just ask your steward.  

What was funny, whenever we stay in a hotel, the coffee maker is always there with cups and supplies.  Last year on our cruise balcony cabin, we had to ask for it, by writing a note and leaving a tip.

Coffee makers are available in all cabins, not just balcony and above.  It's not a Keurig though.  Most of the time, you can find it in the closet on the top shelf.  You just need to ask your cabin attendant to bring the coffee and supplies.  One thing that was always missing was something to stir with, so I used to grab teaspoons from the buffet.  On my last cruise, sticks were provided 

2 hours ago, PugM0m said:

Thank you, that would be just fine as well, but someone else said it is for balcony and up...so I guess it won't matter. 

Doesn't hurt to ask your room steward.  All they can say is No but my guess is they will bring you one.

• Like 1

Aside from Haven and full suite, the Hamilton Beach hot water, coffee & tea 1-cup maker is available upon request from your room steward or attendant, no bribes needed, upon embarkation. It is sometimes hidden on a upper corn shelf in the full height closet, minus the supplies that will be cheerfully restocked once a day as part of housekeeping services.  For a stronger brew, I use 2 filter pouch to make a good 6 oz. cup. 

PXL_20231121_150111104.MP.jpg

Definitely takes 2 for it to taste like coffee to me. Get some 1/2 and 1/2 in the buffet from a machine there and not just the creamer packets they'll leave in the cabin with the coffee maker.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am frequently in an interior and they will provide a coffee maker. Ive gotten one even in solo studio, which has access to a wonderful coffee machine, but sometimes i just want a coffee before i get dressed to go to the lounge. You can buy soft pod coffees if you are fussy with your coffee. - I've gotten them from Amazon. Search for soft pod coffee, your preferred roast - mild to espresso. They do provide a medium roast, usually Columbian, and a decafe, also sugar and creamers.

Edited by herbanrenewal