Classic package/drink prices

EBFURR

Hi all, we are approaching our very first Celebrity cruise next month on the Beyond. We are Diamond plus level on RCI and have become accustomed to our 5 daily drink vouchers. My wife doesn't use many of hers and sharing is OK so I rarely have to pay for any drinks. I know that X has the happy hour for Elite as RCI used to have for Diamond but I have gotten spoiled by the vouchers. I started to look into the package (which we have never done) and it states that drinks up to $10 are covered. I looked at the menus on the app and there appears to be nothing for $10. Beers are $11+ and cocktails seem to start at $17. It does look like maybe those are not full menus though. My question is whether there are actually drinks $10 or under and what they might be. Thanks for any input. 

They are not the  full menu bar menus, rather they show the specialty drinks of that bar. 
Below shows what is included in the Classic. & Premium packages.  Drinks made with the brands of liquor listed under the Classic package fall within the $10limit. IMG_1111.thumb.png.9447965683999dbc363517d0919869cb.png

• Thanks 2

One thing that confuses a lot of first time Celebrity cruises regarding the drink package are the exceptions.  Bailey's Irish Cream is under $10 but is not included in the drink package.  The same with this 'premium waters' e.g. Perrier and Evian.  They are priced under the drink package limit but are under the dollar price limit.  

These links may make it easier to read.  The second one is to the PDF above.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/04_18_24_OB_FLY_Drink-Package-Comparison-Flyer_V4.pdf

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/images/drink-package-pdf-flyer.pdf

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

One thing that confuses a lot of first time Celebrity cruises regarding the drink package are the exceptions.  Bailey's Irish Cream is under $10 but is not included in the drink package.  The same with this 'premium waters' e.g. Perrier and Evian.  They are priced under the drink package limit but are under the dollar price limit.  

These links may make it easier to read.  The second one is to the PDF above.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/04_18_24_OB_FLY_Drink-Package-Comparison-Flyer_V4.pdf

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/images/drink-package-pdf-flyer.pdf

Bailey’s is listed under the Premium package and has been there for a few years.  The same as  the waters Red Bull, etc.  The price is not the sole determining factor on non alcohol items.  

If it is listed on the Premium package  but not on the Classic package eg, Red Bull, Evian, vitamin water even if under $10 you pay full price if you have the Classic package.

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Bailey’s is listed under the Premium package and has been there for a few years.  The same as  the waters Red Bull, etc.  The price is not the sole determining factor on non alcohol items.  

If it is listed on the Premium package  but not on the Classic package eg, Red Bull, Evian, vitamin water even if under $10 you pay full price if you have the Classic package.

Yes, I am well aware. I was just pointing that out as an example of some "exceptions" to the "drinks under $10" for the Premium package since they have never cruised Celebrity before. 

24 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, I am well aware. I was just pointing that out as an example of some "exceptions" to the "drinks under $10" for the Premium package since they have never cruised Celebrity before. 

Sorry I thought you meant that Baileys was less than $10.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EBFURR said:

Hi all, we are approaching our very first Celebrity cruise next month on the Beyond. We are Diamond plus level on RCI and have become accustomed to our 5 daily drink vouchers. 

Hi, we’re in the same situation as you.  First time Celebrity cruise coming up as d+.  Not looking forward to the limit of time frame and selection.  Hubby is a Diet Coke drinker and Celebrity doesn’t have just a soda package.  Told him he’ll be drink a lot of iced tea.  
Erika

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, birdylady said:

Hi, we’re in the same situation as you.  First time Celebrity cruise coming up as d+.  Not looking forward to the limit of time frame and selection.  Hubby is a Diet Coke drinker and Celebrity doesn’t have just a soda package.  Told him he’ll be drink a lot of iced tea.  
Erika

During the 5 to 7 Happy Hour he can get canned soda from the bars.  Have him asked for it unopened. By visiting a couple of bars, he can collect a couple of these to take back to the room and put in your mini-fridge to enjoy at his convenience.  You can get them as well, also a lot of people ask for a bottle of water at the same time.  There is no problem getting a drink and water at the same time. 

Celebrity does not have a Soda Package but they do have the Zero Proof Package that contains soda's.  Just a question of whether or not the number of soda's he'll consume will exceed the price of that package. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

They are not the  full menu bar menus, rather they show the specialty drinks of that bar. 
Below shows what is included in the Classic. & Premium packages.  Drinks made with the brands of liquor listed under the Classic package fall within the $10limit. IMG_1111.thumb.png.9447965683999dbc363517d0919869cb.png

That is an old file you uploaded. They moved Strongbow from the Classic to Premium package a while ago (that’s what tells me it is an older file). 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

One thing that confuses a lot of first time Celebrity cruises regarding the drink package are the exceptions.  Bailey's Irish Cream is under $10 but is not included in the drink package.

It's known around the entire industry as a cream liqueur, priced under $10, so one could certainly plead ignorance of the pricing discrepancy and try to insist on having it poured in the Classic package.  That's one I have never understood.

Here's a fresher one that shows more recent moves (e.g., the Strongbow):

2024+Celebrity+Cruises+Drinks+by+Package.pdf

Edited by canderson