Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations

sjde

We always stay at the Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale Beach. We've also stayed at the Marriot Beach Place several times also. There's also a GalleryONE we enjoy. We want to be near a beach, not an airport. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

We always stay at the Hilton in Ft. Lauderdale Beach. We've also stayed at the Marriot Beach Place several times also. There's also a GalleryONE we enjoy. We want to be near a beach, not an airport. 

If you favor Hiltons, the Hotel Maren (a Curio Collection hotel) is beachfront and closer to Port Everglades than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach and the Gallery One.  We had a 2 night staycation there last spring (had to use up a free night award) and we recommend it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

If you favor Hiltons, the Hotel Maren (a Curio Collection hotel) is beachfront and closer to Port Everglades than the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach and the Gallery One.  We had a 2 night staycation there last spring (had to use up a free night award) and we recommend it.

I will bookmark this for future reference. One reason we like the one at Ft. Lauderdale Beach is because we really enjoy Beach Place. Lulu's Bait Shack is our favorite place to eat, and it's a short walk to Nanou French Bakery, and Boccaccino for breakfast. I am a HH Diamond member so I try to stick with Hilton as much as possible for the perks and points.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

I will bookmark this for future reference. One reason we like the one at Ft. Lauderdale Beach is because we really enjoy Beach Place. Lulu's Bait Shack is our favorite place to eat, and it's a short walk to Nanou French Bakery, and Boccaccino for breakfast. I am a HH Diamond member so I try to stick with Hilton as much as possible for the perks and points.

The Maren is at the south end of the beach and one of our favorite restaurants - Coconuts - is half a block away on the Intracoastal.  If you've never tried it on one of your visits, we (and all our guests we've taken there) recommend it.

2 hours ago, sjde said:

Boccaccio is permanently closed according to Yelp.

Oh man, that's a bummer! My family is going to hate that. They had the absolute best breakfast. We'd love to sit out by the ocean and eat breakfast there. 😞 

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 6:38 AM, capriccio said:

The Maren is at the south end of the beach and one of our favorite restaurants - Coconuts - is half a block away on the Intracoastal.  If you've never tried it on one of your visits, we (and all our guests we've taken there) recommend it.

We ate at Coconuts two years in a row ("pre cruise"). Location is great, so many yachts, lol. Food was not consistent. Was very good in 2022, not so much last year (my lobster roll was on a hot dog bun) Cocktails were horrible. Visually unappealing and they were poorly mixed (we couldnt finish either one). For us, too many good restaurants we want to try so we won't return.

20231222_153745.jpg

20231222_152432.jpg

Edited by J13C85
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 6:53 PM, sjde said:

We are looking at possibly the Westin or Embassy Suites -any comments on these or other suggestions? TIA!

I really disliked Embassy suites on last visit a couple of years ago , rude staff , took a long time to checkin and breakfast was pretty bad . I liked this hotel pre Covid . 

Edited by George C
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I really disliked Embassy suites on last visit a couple of years ago , rude staff , took a long time to checkin and breakfast was pretty bad . I liked this hotel pre Covid . 

E.S. has been on a downward spiral for a few years now. Last year we had no other choice and it was bad. Filthy bathroom, Very slow check-in, 60-70 in line for breakfast. Ect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got a Travelzoo email today about the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach with prices from $180 through January 16. Excluding Taylor Swift dates in Miami. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Got a Travelzoo email today about the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach with prices from $180 through January 16. Excluding Taylor Swift dates in Miami. 

Be careful, some hotels on the beach have resort fees on top of taxes. Just like Las Vegas does.

Got a Travelzoo email today about the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach with prices from $180 through January. 

This deal includes half price resort fees. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

...can take the free bus from Harbor Shops to the beach

For those interested in the free transportation to the beach, see https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle

If you've been to Fort Lauderdale in the past, it replaced the Trolley about 15 months ago.  It is an air conditioned van (!) and free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

For those interested in the free transportation to the beach, see https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/government/departments-i-z/transportation-and-mobility/transportation-division/laudergo-mobility-services/laudergo-community-shuttle

If you've been to Fort Lauderdale in the past, it replaced the Trolley about 15 months ago.  It is an air conditioned van (!) and free.

thats why I said bus, not trolly

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

thats why I said bus, not trolly

I wasn't correcting you.  I was just trying to provide more information for both new visitors to Fort Lauderdale and to those who may not have visited in the past year and would be looking for the trolley.

• Like 2

Hilton Marina has been our go to - and still have a night booked under AAA Park and Stay rate - which is no longer available.  the park yourself rate is almost $50 for a night - than add the $30 resort fee (which does give you a $20 food/drink credit which we use at the pool bar).

we may be rethinking our stay next cruise...

• Like 2