Door Decorations ?

On 7/14/2024 at 12:16 AM, cattolica said:

Door decorations should be banned.   They are tacky and unnecessary.   They are not cute and/or festive.  

Please save your decorations to the confines or your personal home.  

I never really appreciated that there are people who are decophobic.  Over the years, I remember people who would say that their door decorations (on which they worked very hard) were 'stolen.'  I could never understand who would want to steal door decorations, especially ones that were very specific to the stateroom occupants.  I always chalked it up to mischievous youngsters.  After musing on the above, I now think I know what happens when people's door decorations disappear.  😒 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I never really appreciated that there are people who are decophobic.  Over the years, I remember people who would say that their door decorations (on which they worked very hard) were 'stolen.'  I could never understand who would want to steal door decorations, especially ones that were very specific to the stateroom occupants.  I always chalked it up to mischievous youngsters.  After musing on the above, I now think I know what happens when people's door decorations disappear.  😒 

I meant to add that I have never decorated my own door, but I respect and enjoy other's creativity.

• Like 6

On 10/19/2024 at 2:46 PM, ecs66 said:

Really.  On a scale of one to 10, this is a negative.  It's not hard:  Have fun your own way, and respect that other people have fun their own ways.  We've never decorated, but for our December cruise, we may do a little something for Christmas.

Exactly this. I can’t imagine expending the energy to be offended. Same with cruising ducks. Some here admit to tossing them on purpose. Some introspection may be in order. 

FWIW, we’re currently on the Regal, the ship where they were requested to be taken down last winter.  No issue on this cruise.  We’ve seen several, not a lot. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Exactly this. I can’t imagine expending the energy to be offended. Same with cruising ducks. Some here admit to tossing them on purpose. Some introspection may be in order. 

FWIW, we’re currently on the Regal, the ship where they were requested to be taken down last winter.  No issue on this cruise.  We’ve seen several, not a lot. 

A lot of crew have now been told to throw ducks away if they find them.

4 hours ago, 555 said:

LOL. 😁 They keep them, like everyone else. 

I’m with you on this. Our Cruise director on Enchanted in August says she has a big collection of them

back to door decorations, I saw someone who had “we’re here for the ducks” and a happy birthday decoration. My 11 y old daughter and I had some cruise ducks to hide. We had decorated and added to them. We popped one next to their door and the duck wished them happy birthday 🥳 

just a bit of fun. Don’t like it? Move on. I hope what we did made people smile.

The strangest ‘decoration’ was an advert for some slimming drinks a person was selling. with a picture of them drinking it & links to their business instagram page & their mobile number 🤷‍♀️

Edited by JG&Lcruisingnewbies
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3