Retrofitting IVs on E-class

Can those translucent bi-fold doors separating the IV from the rest of the cabin be changed out for drapery as on RCCL ships? Or perhaps redesigned to be opaque? The top-down room darkening shade is problematic when one cabin mate wants to sleep in and the other is ready to rise and shine and enjoy the view outside.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

We have learned through the Edge series that the infinite veranda is very polarizing. Our guests either love it or they hate it. We are re-evaluating the ratio of balconies to infinite verandas in future ship classes to make sure we have the optimal mix. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and we will look into the possibility of curtains in the future. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

On 7/18/2024 at 10:15 AM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

We have learned through the Edge series that the infinite veranda is very polarizing. Our guests either love it or they hate it. We are re-evaluating the ratio of balconies to infinite verandas in future ship classes to make sure we have the optimal mix. We appreciate your valuable feedback, and we will look into the possibility of curtains in the future. 

I'll respectfully suggest that this is an understatement.  I am still confused why a cruise line would eliminate the most common type of cabin without understanding how people use the balconies.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'll respectfully suggest that this is an understatement.  I am still confused why a cruise line would eliminate the most common type of cabin without understanding how people use the balconies.  

Yeah agree.  But the E-Class ships sail full capacity, so they seem to be working for a lot of Celebrity cruisers.  I will wait for the Next-Class (N-Class, termed here by me😄) with a better mix of real balconies and IV's.  Another lesson learned from RCCL newer ships with both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yeah agree.  But the E-Class ships sail full capacity, so they seem to be working for a lot of Celebrity cruisers.  I will wait for the Next-Class (N-Class, termed here by me😄) with a better mix of real balconies and IV's.  Another lesson learned from RCCL newer ships with both.

Have you check What is the difference in price between IV and real balcony ? 
Really Instead of asking I decided to check 

On the Icon for a 7 day cruise they charge more for an IV cabin, it was $100 more ppIMG_7454.thumb.jpeg.cd1f98347ad920a13fa37eb43839fc2c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Have you check What is the difference in price between IV and real balcony ? 
Really Instead of asking I decided to check 

On the Icon for a 7 day cruise they charge more for an IV cabin, it was $100 more ppIMG_7454.thumb.jpeg.cd1f98347ad920a13fa37eb43839fc2c.jpeg

On ICON there are fewer IV's so people that want them pay a slight premium??

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The IVs are Celebrity's #1 problem for E class.  When you look at the Royal configuration, I believe that it was 27% IVs/ 63% balconies.  Real balconies on E class cost a bunch more for the SVs and suites. 

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

The IVs are Celebrity's #1 problem for E class.  When you look at the Royal configuration, I believe that it was 27% IVs/ 63% balconies.  Real balconies on E class cost a bunch more for the SVs and suites. 

Maybe for you 

I thought the ship did not flow 

Did not like the Martini bar on the Apex , no Sky lounge , didn’t like Eden etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Maybe for you 

I would put that at #2 myself.  Perhaps #1 for you?

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Maybe for you 

If you are looking for things that did not flow, how about getting off for a shore excursion.  You gather in the theatre and when your number is called you walk through the ship, down a couple sets of stairs through the Martini Bar to get to the exit under the Magic Carpet.  It is so much simpler on other ships just to exit the theatre and go down the stairs or take the elevator directly to the exit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

If you are looking for things that did not flow, how about getting off for a shore excursion.  You gather in the theatre and when your number is called you walk through the ship, down a couple sets of stairs through the Martini Bar to get to the exit under the Magic Carpet.  It is so much simpler on other ships just to exit the theatre and go down the stairs or take the elevator directly to the exit.

Never done a ship excursion with Celebrity so cannot comment on that 😉

actual only done one ship excursion, that was on Azamara , the port was Tunisia 

12 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes good observation.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2024 at 7:15 AM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

Put us down as living the IVs!