Strange question about apex beds (specifically under the beds/bed frame)

We have only been on the solstice and on rcl Oasis class. The frame of the rcl Oasis class is so thick and heavy the bed is virtually immovable VS the celebrity solstice which had a light weight tube type frame, much much easier to move.

I have looked and looked but all the youtube videos have the bed skirt in place.

Anyone out there have first hand knowledge of the bed frames on apex?????

My intention is to be able to MOVE the bed .... I KNOW, I can ask room steward 

HOWEVER  we prefer NOT to, we have the bed separate for sleeping and want to push them together one or two afternoons.... if we involve the room Steward , then it's a NO GO. (Over share I know, but without context, others won't get WHY heaviness of bed frame is important)

I know people's intentions are good by sharing, other advice and suggestions, BUT I Really ONLY want to know about the type of bed frame TY

I've been on most S, M and E class ships and haven't noticed any significance difference in the bed frame.    They are of course all all enough for a couple large suitcases fit under without a problem.   

I did look once and found that they use a strap around the perimeter of the mattresses to keep them from moving apart.   You may investigate  unstrapping before trying to move apart.

Bed frame on Edge was the lightweight kind you described. I didn't move the bed but looked under it to see if there was extra bedding for the pull out couch (there was) and noticed the construction of the frame at that time.

You will need to tell the steward to start with that you want the beds separate because if they start together the sheets and the comforter are configured for one double bed.  If you want to sleep with them apart they’ll need to be made up with twin sheets.

• Like 1