14 day cruise - How many Captains Circle Credits?

Sapphire Princess

Vancouver to Whitter July 26   - 7 nights   1 credit

Whttier to Vancouver  Aug 2  -    7 nights   1 credit

I have seen mentioned on the boards that if I booked the 14 day July 26 cruise instead of the broken up 2X7 nights cruises

on the same ship you still receive the same 2 credits for the booking.  Is there any other difference in booking the 14 day vs 2 7 day cruises? 

Thinking disembarkation in Whittier might be different???????   Price is definitely lower for the 14 night and we are leaning that way but could use the extra CC Credit to help get us to elite prior to going to Europe

Posted (edited)

Is your cruise this year?  

If you are doing it this July, booking a b2b as 2 separate voyages, it may be difficult to get the same cabin and you would have to change cabins (not a big problem).  = 2 credits...with a bonus. 

There is a promotion out now (Aug 1 - December 1).  Your August cruise will be included.  So...a total of 3 credits if booked.

1 credit/7 days for first leg

1x2 credits/7 days for second leg (plus 7 days x 2 =14 day credit).

If you book it as one cruise, you will get 3 credit and 14 days.

@Sunviking is technically correct regarding 2 credits.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Is your cruise this year?  

If you book it at 2 different voyages, you will have to scramble to get the same cabin for each leg.  If you are doing it this July, it may be difficult to get the same cabin and you would have to change cabins (not a big problem).  = 2 credits...with a bonus.  There is a promotion out now (Aug 1 - December 1).  Your August cruise will be included.  So...a total of 3 credits if booked separately.

1 credit/7 days for first leg

1x2 credits/7 days for second leg (plus 7 days x 2 - 14 day credit).

If you book it as one cruise, you will get 1 credit and 14 days.

@Sunviking might be correct regarding 2 credits.

Alaska is pretty much sold out this year, so likely next year. We booked last month and were unable to match up the B2 B, so booked HAL.

Edited by sunviking90
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Alaska is pretty much sold out this year, so likely next year. We booked last month and were unable to match up the B2 B, so booked HAL.

Well, then, my calculations are void since the promotion is for 2024.  OP did not give us enough information to make valid comments.  My mistake.

42 minutes ago, MattnTricia said:

It’s for 2025

Working on double the love short cruises as we speak

After you book, review your cruise history. It will show 2 credits if you book the 14 day, because Princess knows it is a combination of 2 seven day sailings that can be booked separately. 

Booking 14 day guarantee you have same cabin both legs and the shareholder credit is $250 opposed to 2x$100 for the 2 seven day sailings. If you booked separately and had premier, you would receive 2 specialty dinners each segment(total of 4), opposed to only 2 for the entire 14 days if you booked as one 14 day sailing. If you booked Plus and the sailings as 2, you would receive 2 casual dining credits each segment, instead of only 2 for the 14 day booking.

@cr8tiv1, the double point promo also has the catch you must also book Plus or Premier Package at least 2 days before sailing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

After you book, review your cruise history. It will show 2 credits if you book the 14 day, because Princess knows it is a combination of 2 seven day sailings that can be booked separately. 

Booking 14 day guarantee you have same cabin both legs and the shareholder credit is $250 opposed to 2x$100 for the 2 seven day sailings. If you booked separately and had premier, you would receive 2 specialty dinners each segment(total of 4), opposed to only 2 for the entire 14 days if you booked as one 14 day sailing. If you booked Plus and the sailings as 2, you would receive 2 casual dining credits each segment, instead of only 2 for the 14 day booking.

@cr8tiv1, the double point promo also has the catch you must also book Plus or Premier Package at least 2 days before sailing.

good tip on checking the credits - Thanks

I will definitely have the stockholder credit and that is a big perk.  Undecided on plus / premier for this one as the Mrs is a non drinker.  I forgot about the 2 specialty limit for all length of cruises.  Definitely a bummer as we did a 15 day Panama Canal last year on premier and still feel that perk should be increased for longer cruises.  

only ? Left then is how the turnaround day in Whittier is handled with the 14 day vs booking bib 7 day 

Turnaround day is just a port day.  You do not need to get off the ship at all, or you can walk around Whittier, take a glacier excursion, or an excursion into Anchorage.  EM

I had to book my b2b cruises to Alaska separately because Princess did not have a cabin in my category that I could have for both cruises. Fortunately, they ended up upgrading me from an inside guarantee to an ocean view in the same cabin for both cruises. I ended up with $200 in shareholder OBC because I had to book it as separate cruises, but it was worth it considering the upgrade.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Turnaround day is just a port day.  You do not need to get off the ship at all, or you can walk around Whittier, take a glacier excursion, or an excursion into Anchorage.  EM

Turnaround day is handled the same regardless of how you booked the cruise.

Typically, in US ports, regardless of how a cruise is booked (14 nights versa 2 7 night sailings) you have to clear US immigration and customs on turnaround day. Whether that means disembarking,clearing and re-embarking or doing it aboard depends on officials at the time.

However - Whittier, AK is an exception in US ports. 

You'll have pre-cleared US formalities in Vancouver via US Pre-clearance and arrive in Whittier as domestic passengers, essentially. No US immigration or customs. It's a port day, regardless of how you booked the cruise.  You can take an excursion, walk around the small town, or stay aboard and relax.  Your choice.  .