Sirena refurbish?

Just been told by Oceania that the Sirena is scheduled for dry dock this October. They also told me that it had been totally redone in 2019. From videos that I see the common areas look pretty dated. What are your thoughts as to style of the common areas? Does any one know what they might be updating in the upcoming dry dock I mentioned?

26 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

... it had been totally redone in 2019. From videos that I see the common areas look pretty dated....

We were on her in 11/2022. She seemed find to us. But then we were on Riviera 12/2021 and 10-11/2023, both pre-and post-refurbishment. In many ways we preferred the pre- to the post-. But then I'm not a fan of what I view as akin to "Scandinavian minimalism". Some of the changes seemed to have been done entirely for looks (e.g., chairs far too short for normal people in the common area near where the quartet played). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

We were on her in 11/2022. She seemed find to us. But then we were on Riviera 12/2021 and 10-11/2023, both pre-and post-refurbishment. In many ways we preferred the pre- to the post-. But then I'm not a fan of what I view as akin to "Scandinavian minimalism". Some of the changes seemed to have been done entirely for looks (e.g., chairs far too short for normal people in the common area near where the quartet played). 

There is a valid reason for the low/short chairs in many of O’s public spaces. The shorter the chair, the lower the center of gravity; hence the less chance of the chair/occupant falling over in rough weather. I personally hate the low chairs in Horizon, but it’s a fact of life for O.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

There is a valid reason for the low/short chairs in many of O’s public spaces. The shorter the chair, the lower the center of gravity; hence the less chance of the chair/occupant falling over in rough weather. I personally hate the low chairs in Horizon, but it’s a fact of life for O.

I could accept this if the regular O passengers were out and about in those spaces during rough weather. Never seen that to be the case. The Halfling ( Hobbit) furniture is a pain for most of we median size and above passengers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Just been told by Oceania that the Sirena is scheduled for dry dock this October. They also told me that it had been totally redone in 2019. From videos that I see the common areas look pretty dated. What are your thoughts as to style of the common areas? Does any one know what they might be updating in the upcoming dry dock I mentioned?

Perhaps it would help if you told us what you are considering "dated". You might be confusing the style of the R ships and your personal preference for dated. 

• Like 3

We sail the R ships often because of their itineraries that interest us the most. Never felt the ships are dated especially after the refit. Perhaps it’s upon the personal taste. Someone who has only sailed the big ships of mass market lines and likes that style may not appreciate the R ships. Probably the Scandinavian design of the Viking’s ships will be more to their liking.

• Like 2

If I read the calendar correctly Sirena is out of service for 4-5 days in Amsterdam between Baltic cruises thence to New York and then Miami and the winter season. That may be drydock but not enough for any general repairs/improvements. How long is required for an inspection to maintain seaworthiness?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

Yes and also the current fashion in land seems a bit low-slung. The seating at VCE in the lounge was as low as anything on Vista - and even in Venice the airport terminal is not floating lol! 

• Like 1

Oceania's now retired founding father Frank Del Rio stated after the R class ships were refurbished beginning in 2018 that they were undergoing their final refurbish, as their useful life had only a few more years to go., or words to that effect.

• Like 4