Casual Dining … reservations?

Booked on March ‘25 cruise out of Florida on the Sun Princess. Reservations just opened up (started working?) for MDR and specialty. 

O’Malleys is listed as a restaurant venue that can be reserved, though it doesn’t show any times available. 

O’Malleys is definitely a casual dining venue ($14.99 cover or inclusion with Plus or Premier). I didn’t think reservations were ever taken for casual venues, just first come, first serve. 

Did I miss a change in this policy? Has anyone had luck reserving spots at any casual dining whether that was onboard or through the app?

Thanks

From my experience, you can't reserve a "casual dining" venue ahead of time. 

After you board the ship, you can call the "dine line" and reserve the time and day you want. I was recently on the Emerald Princess and had no problem making a reservation after boarding. On the Emerald the "dine line" was 6219 and was open from 8am to 5pm......don't know if it is the same time and number on other ships.

8 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Booked on March ‘25 cruise out of Florida on the Sun Princess. Reservations just opened up (started working?) for MDR and specialty. 

O’Malleys is listed as a restaurant venue that can be reserved, though it doesn’t show any times available. 

O’Malleys is definitely a casual dining venue ($14.99 cover or inclusion with Plus or Premier). I didn’t think reservations were ever taken for casual venues, just first come, first serve. 

Did I miss a change in this policy? Has anyone had luck reserving spots at any casual dining whether that was onboard or through the app?

Thanks

No, there's no reservations for casual dining aboard Sun.   While O'Malleys shows on the app, it is not reseravable, either in advance or aboard. First come first serve, for the casual dining aboard Sun.

And other ships, only a few take reservations for a few restaurants l, notably Planks and Steamers aboard Emerald and Caribbean as they alternate nights, or Salty Dog aboard a few of the ships where it's a pop-up in Wheelhouse..

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

No, there's no reservations for casual dining aboard Sun.   While O'Malleys shows on the app, it is not reseravable, either in advance or aboard. First come first serve, for the casual dining aboard Sun.

And other ships, only a few take reservations for a few restaurants l, notably Planks and Steamers aboard Emerald and Caribbean as they alternate nights, or Salty Dog aboard a few of the ships where it's a pop-up in Wheelhouse..

Thanks for your insight. I assumed they were not reservable, as that has never been my experience. I saw O’Malleys on the list of reservable. I assume this is a case of tech not communicating well with operations. 

Posted (edited)

No casual dining reservations. 

If you are worried about a wait, visit the host stand at the restaurant and see when their busy times are. 

Pro-tip - don't wait until the last night of a cruise, guests are always trying to use up their dining credits. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1