Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Utopia of the Seas This Weekend

Cruise Critic is sailing aboard Utopia of the Seas this coming weekend, with Editor Jorge Oliver joining on a special two-night cruise that departs Saturday, and myself (Aaron) leaving on Monday the 15th for the christening voyage with Godmother Meghan Trainor.

We were able to get onboard today for an early look at Utopia's interior spaces. While some work is still going on finishing up minor details, the majority of venues were complete and ready for guests.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/utopia-of-the-seas-news

If you have any questions about Utopia you'd like us to check out onboard, let us know on this thread!

• Like 11

Would love a review of the unique drink menu at the new Pesky Parrot (can't wait to try many of them).

Would also like a review of the Spare Tire "food truck" on the pool deck.

• Like 5

I would also like to know about the Railway Restaurant and the times for it, if it is open when you are onboard. Can you also verify if  smoking on deck 15 is  near the Beach Pool per what I saw on line( I have  a deck 14 cabin in Sept but it would be on the other side and am allergic to smoke). Can you take some pictures of the spa also and the Thermal Suite?  Thanks

• Like 2

On 7/12/2024 at 12:40 AM, sandebeach said:

Have a fantastic cruise! If you eat at the Railway Restaurant, please let us know how it was. 

I hear that won't be ready until the first revenue cruise on July 19, but I certainly will be looking for opportunities should it be ready earlier!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EbayCruiser said:

Looking for stateroom pictures please!

Media are being granted access to a variety of staterooms and suites on Monday and Tuesday. I'll post some pics here as well as in our official reports.

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2024 at 1:13 PM, elizabethbp said:

I would also like to know about the Railway Restaurant and the times for it, if it is open when you are onboard. Can you also verify if  smoking on deck 15 is  near the Beach Pool per what I saw on line( I have  a deck 14 cabin in Sept but it would be on the other side and am allergic to smoke). Can you take some pictures of the spa also and the Thermal Suite?  Thanks

Absolutely, elizabethbp! I'm on it 🙂

Royal Railway is likely not open on my sailing, but updates to come.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 10:15 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Would love a review of the unique drink menu at the new Pesky Parrot (can't wait to try many of them).

Would also like a review of the Spare Tire "food truck" on the pool deck.

My personal mission is to try every drink on the Pesky Parrot menu. Yes, it's a tough job, but I am up to it!

Will also check out the Spare Tire food truck. They had it installed when I toured on Thursday, but it was serving food items that weren't specific to it for guests and contractors.

• Like 3

Hi again.   Not sure you will be able to find this out, but  if so, would appreciate times for the aqua and ice show ( guessing they will mimic Allure's 3 night cruise schedule  but not sure).  Also, pictures of the pool deck would be appreciated. I have a 3 night in Sept booked and 4 night in March so I really appreciate  your review!

19 hours ago, CruiseCriticAaron said:

My personal mission is to try every drink on the Pesky Parrot menu.

Great! With a couple exceptions, that’s exactly what I would do.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2024 at 9:39 AM, keishashadow said:

do you recall the Earliest self disembark time?

scheduled to dock 6:30 pm

Our arrival was delayed until 8 a.m. on our preview cruise, and disembarkation started about 35 minutes after that. Assuming the ship ties up at 6:30 a.m. as scheduled, you could probably get off around 7-7:15 or so. Depending on clearance from the local authorities.

• Like 1

Hello all! For those curious about Utopia of the Seas, we have a number of resources here:

A feature on why the ship may be the best all-out party vessel afloat. Note: Utopia is not a quiet ship in any way, shape, or form. https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/is-utopia-of-the-seas-the-best-party-ship

A large photo tour of key areas of the ship, including images of the Royal Loft Suite and Ultimate Family Suite. https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/photos-of-utopia-of-the-seas

And our Utopia of the Seas news blog, which has more images and insights from the christening and first sailing. https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/utopia-of-the-seas-news

Sadly, we could not get a spot at the Royal Railway during our short media sailing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1