15 new production shows for Grand Voyages

While not 15, the Grand Australia / New Zealand that started January of this year had about 12 different shows, so this is not exactly "new". The Singers/Dancers from the GANZ stayed aboard for another month and performed again on the following Panama Canal and Atlantic Coastal. One of the singers also told me that they had been constantly performing since the restart and had been on the Grand Africa in '23.

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

While not 15, the Grand Australia / New Zealand that started January of this year had about 12 different shows, so this is not exactly "new". The Singers/Dancers from the GANZ stayed aboard for another month and performed again on the following Panama Canal and Atlantic Coastal. One of the singers also told me that they had been constantly performing since the restart and had been on the Grand Africa in '23.

Did they replace Music Row with this? 

3 hours ago, Ray4Fun said:

Did they replace Music Row with this? 

The production shows are for the World (Main) Stage. This doesn't change any other entertainment on the ship. Volendam (pole to pole) doesn't have a Music Walk really and Zuiderdam (World Cruise) has a much smaller area for entertainment. The Music Walk is really only on the newest Pinnacle Class Ships.

Posted (edited)

I wonder of some of this will trickle down to the "Legendary" voyages. I'm also interested to see the difference between a regular vayage and a "Legendary" voyage. We will find out next year, we are on a "collector" cruise. The first 14 day segment is a regular cruise and the 29 day segment is a "Legendary" voyage. I think we all tend to think "what about me" when there seems to be positive things coming. I guess we have to excersize a bit of patience as HAL transitions from name brand "Partnerships" to something different.

Edited by Blackduck59
typo

10 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I wonder of some of this will trickle down to the "Legendary" voyages. I'm also interested to see the difference between a regular vayage and a "Legendary" voyage. We will find out next year, we are on a "collector" cruise. The first 14 day segment is a regular cruise and the 29 day segment is a "Legendary" voyage. I think we all tend to think "what about me" when there seems to be positive things coming. I guess we have to excersize a bit of patience as HAL transitions from name brand "Partnerships" to something different.

Just got off a Legendary cruise (Alaska 28-day). We had theme nights (masquerade, costume, ball -- each a bit different), some daytime events around the Lido pool, we got nice heavy canvas bags that say Legendary cruise. Official bridge instructors. I'm sure others will chime in with other things.

Interesting. HAL seems to be managing quite a few production show options at present. Aside from this offering on the Grands, it seems like there's the Step One company on some ships and the new singer/dancer production shows on others. Wonder if they will maintain this or if they'll standardize so there's one format across the fleet. 

While nice for those on applicable sailings I’m not sure if effectively having two different products with respect to entertainment, food, lectures, etc. for longer vs shorter sailings is good marketing for brand recognition.

Consider the passenger who has just the mediocre standard experience on a 7-10 day cruise now booking their longer cruise elsewhere because they don’t realize that HAL upgrades the special voyages.

Conversely a passenger who normally takes the longer sailings but wants a week with the family will be in for a disappointment.

If prospective customers don’t really understand your product that can’t be good.

Does HAL even understand their product?

21 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

While nice for those on applicable sailings I’m not sure if effectively having two different products with respect to entertainment, food, lectures, etc. for longer vs shorter sailings is good marketing for brand recognition.

Consider the passenger who has just the mediocre standard experience on a 7-10 day cruise now booking their longer cruise elsewhere because they don’t realize that HAL upgrades the special voyages.

Conversely a passenger who normally takes the longer sailings but wants a week with the family will be in for a disappointment.

If prospective customers don’t really understand your product that can’t be good.

Does HAL even understand their product?

We like the Grands and legendary voyages,  the price per day is higher on those cruises than regular cruises.  I am leaving tomorrow two weeks Alaska I am not expecting any extras.

3 minutes ago, Bobpell54 said:

Does HAL still project BBC shows on the wall on Pinnacle class ships?

If you mean the two-story LED screens  then, yes those are still in use. I haven't seen a BBC show but if they are still being shown, those ships using the screens to show them.