Medallion Queries

We will be travelling on the Coral Princess 15 September - Fremantle to Singapore.

Technology and me do not go hand in hand.  A couple of queries please:

Firstly the Medallions can these now be posted out to an address in Australia or do we need to collect at the wharf on the date of departure.

Dining my Way - I don't believe that for this cruise the Traditional Dining will be available again.  There appears to be only the two dining rooms the Provence and the Bordeaux.  I would assume that the Provence is reserved for the Suites, Club Class etc and the later for the mere mortals like ourselves.

On the app I can select a time but it doesn't seem to move on from there - any clues ??

Many thanks

Judy

27 minutes ago, judithann423 said:

We will be travelling on the Coral Princess 15 September - Fremantle to Singapore.

Technology and me do not go hand in hand.  A couple of queries please:

Firstly the Medallions can these now be posted out to an address in Australia or do we need to collect at the wharf on the date of departure.

Dining my Way - I don't believe that for this cruise the Traditional Dining will be available again.  There appears to be only the two dining rooms the Provence and the Bordeaux.  I would assume that the Provence is reserved for the Suites, Club Class etc and the later for the mere mortals like ourselves.

On the app I can select a time but it doesn't seem to move on from there - any clues ??

Many thanks

Judy

Medallions are picked up in the cruise terminal during check-in.

One side of the Bordeaux is set aside for Reserve Collection (club class) and suites. You should be able to dine in either dining room.

You need to select a time and a date plus tap on main (for dining room).

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Geoff has answered your questions. 🙂 I will add - if you can't reserve the time you want before your cruise, you can phone the DINE line as soon as you board. When I have had problems with the pre-reservation system, they have been very helpful.

• Like 3

We just went to one of the MDRs when we were ready to dine every night, usually about 7pm, for the first couple of weeks of our current world cruise. Each time we were allocated a table for two fairly quickly. Once we decided that we liked a particular section/waiters we booked a table in that section for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

Many thanks to all .... I think I like the idea of just turning up whenever ... only the two of us and we are always happy to share to  meet some new  people.  Only for 11 nights and I am sure we won't starve !!

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, judithann423 said:

A bit late for your cruise, which is likely to have medallions only available from the terminal - but an upgrade coming very soon.

From this coming 24/25 summer, according to the new Circle magazine, a Green Lane will be available in Australia. Cool, you will be able to get your medallions mailed-out for no charge to Plus or Premier fares, or with a delivery charge for standard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't be nervous about the medallions, even if you are technologically challenged. When they were introduced, they had a few bugs, but they have now been tested and improved. You will like the way they open your door when you get near the cabin!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think we will just get them when checking in, there is no real advantage getting them earlier.

Indeed, not a big deal. If enough people have them delivered N/C by being on a package, the overall check-in speed will get quicker for everyone else. It is just one less step for the check-in staff to handle. If we have a package, we will get them sent. It will feel like the old days when your cruise docs would show up in the mail.

For OPT, Green Lane will be straight to the escalator. Blue lane (no medallion) = a walk down towards the baggage hall to the medallion counter to get medallions before doubling back to the escalator for check-in. That is something they trialed 18 months ago, but it didn't work very well. It wasn't due to 99% not having a medallion, but your cabin number was your identifier, not your passport nor the QR code on the app. There was a quite a queue with much fumbling of paper docs.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Time will tell, we didn't have delays last time we cruised Princess, but it didn't have the separate medallion pick up

From memory the person doing the check-in wrote our cabin number on a slip of paper, handed it to someone else who then got the medallions while the check-in person was doing the other checks (passport / drivers licence, photo etc). It was very quick. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

From memory the person doing the check-in wrote our cabin number on a slip of paper, handed it to someone else who then got the medallions while the check-in person was doing the other checks (passport / drivers licence, photo etc). It was very quick. 

That is one of three versions we had at OPT in the past 18 months. That is the same way they have a card runner for the other ships.

We have also had the version I described above and had the version where they give you the slip of paper with your cabin number on it after they have checked you in, and you go to the medallion collection area at the end of the counters to hand them the slip.

It all works pretty good, but will be even slicker when you can just tap the medallion to begin check-in. As with blue lane in the US, that is to collect your medallion before heading for a check-in counter. Aussies hate queues, or others that get to bump the queues even more, so FOMO will win out. I can recall all the panic in the earlier medallion threads - ahh, the I am no longer green lane posts. No way I would pay for delivery, but I am happy to get them delivered if we are on plus which we usually are.