Jr Suites

Bidding on a jr suite in royal up.  Does this room have lounge access?  I know coastal kitchen info, wondering about lounge and pre dinner drinks.

Posted (edited)

Very limited Coastal kitchen options.  Availability is not guaranteed and only for dinner.  No lounge  or suite deck access.  If you are a diamond member you can use the diamond lounge.  Really few perks, other then a nicer larger cabin with some perks- check the website site for a full listing.

Edited by Cruise a holic

36 minutes ago, NJ Gal said:

What about Odyssey?

No suite lounge access for JS.

Crown lounge access if Diamond[1] or higher.

Suite lounge access if Pinnacle[2]

[1] Diamond may be restricted to D+ and P during happy hour

[2] Pinnacle may be restricted for some sailings

Standard Jr. Suite is basically just a bigger room with a coffee maker and a bathtub. It also has twice-a-day housekeeping. I had a deck 6 junior suite on Harmony in January.  I liked the extra space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silentbob007 said:

Standard Jr. Suite is basically just a bigger room with a coffee maker and a bathtub. It also has twice-a-day housekeeping. I had a deck 6 junior suite on Harmony in January.  I liked the extra space.

Most of them also have a walk-in closet. That can be a more attractive perk than the coffee maker and bathtub, for those of us who prefer not to travel light 😄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Very limited Coastal kitchen options.  Availability is not guaranteed and only for dinner.  No lounge  or suite deck access.  If you are a diamond member you can use the diamond lounge.  Really few perks, other than a nicer larger cabin with some perks- check the website site for a full listing.

Twove a day turn down service.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Depending on the ship, Sky Class junior suites really don't give you any Sky Class perks.

I think you meant to say Sea Class.  The new Sky Class suites are full suites on all ships they are offered and do indeed give you full Sky Class benefits including full CK access and Suite Lounge/Deck access.  The only difference is Internet is included only on the newest ships like Utopia and Icon. Otherwise, SKY class jr suites have the same benefits as all other full suites.

Edited by cured

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, cured said:

I think you meant to say Sea Class.  The new Sky Class suites are full suites on all ships they are offered and do indeed give you full Sky Class benefits including full CK access and Suite Lounge/Deck access.  The only difference is Internet is included only on the newest ships like Utopia and Icon. Otherwise, SKY class jr suites have the same benefits as all other full suites.

What about ships like Quantum, where it says Sky Class, but doesn't list any benefits other than CK?

If anyone can confirm Sky Class JS on Quantum gets lounge access, that would really open up an opportunity on a future cruise.

Edited by smokeybandit

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

What about ships like Quantum, where it says Sky Class, but doesn't list any benefits other than CK?

If anyone can confirm Sky Class JS on Quantum gets lounge access, that would really open up an opportunity on a future cruise.

Which JS are listed as Sky Class on Quantum?  I am looking at the deck plans and can only see them listed as Sea Class.  I am wondering about Odyssey as we have a JS booked but it looks to be Sea Class.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Which JS are listed as Sky Class on Quantum?  I am looking at the deck plans and can only see them listed as Sea Class.  I am wondering about Odyssey as we have a JS booked but it looks to be Sea Class.

They show as bookable. Just don't list any Sky Class perks other than CK.

image.thumb.png.d3daf9f04572eb1ff191c599e96c3dce.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, Harmony has Sky JSs which get Sky perks but not Voom?

When i was on the harmony about 18 months ago they didn’t have jr sky suites.  When I vwas on the icon last January they had star class junior suites. All sky class benefits were included. Perhaps they are transitioning other ships junior suites.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When i was on the harmony about 18 months ago they didn’t have jr sky suites.

We were talking about Voom perks associated with a JS, not whether ships have a Sky JS category. Several ships have the Sky JS category, but only a few of them have the name implying Sky perks. Of the few that do, the perks also include the included Voom package (like the GS and up Sky suites).

6 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

When i was on the harmony about 18 months ago they didn’t have jr sky suites.  When I vwas on the icon last January they had star class junior suites. All sky class benefits were included. Perhaps they are transitioning other ships junior suites.  

Looks like the Sky Jr Suites on other ships kick in in May.

I've had a hard time figuring out, other than not getting internet, what Sky Class perks they actually get.

• Like 1