Two Deposits Due on Different Days

I was just looking at this cruise for Oct 2025 and it shows a $2 Deposit Due today and another $198 due five months before the final payment. I've never seen this before.

Room 1 Neptune Suite
$7,998
janet
Cruise Fare$3,909
Government Taxes and Fees$90
Price$3,999
guest 2
Cruise Fare$3,909
Government Taxes and Fees$90
Price$3,999
Minimum Deposit
(Remainder Of$7,996Due On July 13th 2025)
$2
Next Deposit Due
Due On February 13, 2025
$198
Total$7,998

I've not seen that before. Maybe that's how they're doing reduced deposits - the reduced deposit due at time of booking then the balance of the regular deposit due at a certain time before final payment.

That would keep a large number of cabins from dropping off at final payment and provide a cushion to rebook w/a higher likelihood of sticking.🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

I guess that might prevent a wave of final payment date cancellations after which it is harder to fill a ship at full price 

Agree, but it still is only a total of $100 deposit. However it does not state if total or part of deposit is refundable or non refundable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Agree, but it still is only a total of $100 deposit. However it does not state if total or part of deposit is refundable or non refundable.

Good point. I hate non-refundable deposits.

• Like 2

It also seems you cannot pick your room during the sale.  I have a cruise to book but I will wait until I am aboard next week and pay $300 per person .  I will get to pick my room and get a larger OBC

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

It also seems you cannot pick your room during the sale.  I have a cruise to book but I will wait until I am aboard next week and pay $300 per person .  I will get to pick my room and get a larger OBC

I was able to select a room.

6 minutes ago, DesertDogs said:

Ummm.  I tried on a variety of devices and a variety of fare options and could not. I will look again but then again I will be better served by waiting until next week 

1 hour ago, DesertDogs said:

What device and browser are you using.  I tried again and could not select.  Thank you 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

What device and browser are you using.  I tried again and could not select.  Thank you 

Windows 11 PC, Edge browser latest update. I tried one random sailing and cabin selection and was able to choose cabin. 

Editing to add that I tried a sailing in September of 2025 that we're booked on, and I was able to choose a cabin on that one too.

I'm sure that the fact that you can't is just more of the wackiness of that website.

Edited by Sea Hag
more info
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Windows 11 PC, Edge browser latest update. I tried one random sailing and cabin selection and was able to choose cabin. 

Editing to add that I tried a sailing in September of 2025 that we're booked on, and I was able to choose a cabin on that one too.

I'm sure that the fact that you can't is just more of the wackiness of that website.

Ok, I will have to fire up the old desktop and see if it works there just for grins.  I will definitely finish my booking onboard though.  Thank you 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I guess that might prevent a wave of final payment date cancellations after which it is harder to fill a ship at full price 

Yes, exactly what I speculated. I believe they're doing everything they can think of to fill as many cabins as possible with paying passengers. 

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

I was using a MacBook Pro with Safari. I tried a couple different cruises booking a Neptune Suite and both allowed me to select a room.

I tried a dummy booking earlier today to find out about refundable vs nonrefundable deposits and with that booking I could select a cabin.

I was in the Early Booking Bonus and noticed that you can have the option of a refundable and non-refundable deposit.  Early Bonus with HIA was refundable while cruise only was non-refundable.  As usual, I couldn't see the Advantage Fare on HAL's site. 😠

• Like 1

Its just a gimmick to fill their order books. Makes it look like they're fully booked next year.

As usual, I would rather make a last minute booking around the time of FP. Most realistic prices. 

Happy cruising.

• Like 1