included beverages when not on beverage package

I tried searching for this answer both here and on the NCL website, but couldn't find a list. 

My mother and friend will be on an NCL cruise at the end of August and were wondering what beverages would be included (and where) if not on a beverage package. My cruise next year include FAS, so I don't immediately know the answer.

I'm thinking water, coffee, tea, maybe lemonade or iced tea at the buffet. What about MDR? Any fountain pop anywhere? I usually have a cocktail in the MDR, so again, never really thought about it.

In the buffet (and drinks stations outside) you will have juice in the morning and flavoured water during lunch/dinner. Coffee and tea is also available there. Soda has to be purchased. 

I'm not into iced tea so haven't thought about that. but there is ice available. And tea... But I THINK I have seen iced tea in the buffet, but may very well be wrong about that.

6 hours ago, FishyMom1967 said:

I tried searching for this answer both here and on the NCL website, but couldn't find a list. 

My mother and friend will be on an NCL cruise at the end of August and were wondering what beverages would be included (and where) if not on a beverage package. My cruise next year include FAS, so I don't immediately know the answer.

I'm thinking water, coffee, tea, maybe lemonade or iced tea at the buffet. What about MDR? Any fountain pop anywhere? I usually have a cocktail in the MDR, so again, never really thought about it.

You are essentially correct. Tap water, always, in all restaurants. Along with coffee and tea. You will be able to get reconstituted juices for breakfast (orange, apple, cran) and Ice Tea for lunch and dinners. The buffet also has flavored waters for lunch and dinner. 

Sodas, bottled water, energy drinks, fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees all cost money. you can also get a soda-only package if you drink more than a couple of glasses a day. 

Posted (edited)

There are also hot cocoa packets at the buffet (or you can ask for those, if they aren't visible.)

Oh and if one is in the Studio cabins on a ship that has a Studio Lounge, you get free access to a coffee machine that makes espressos, lattes, capuccinos.

Edited by Ellis1138

11 hours ago, Asawi said:

... Soda has to be purchased. ...

How much is soda or bottled water?  I've never been on NCL but have a cruise on hold and I'm debating the value of the drink package.

The flavored waters available at the buffet drink stations are artificially sweetened and available in kiwi/strawberry and mango/peach.  The iced tea is unsweetened.

4 hours ago, miwakaly said:

How much is soda or bottled water?  I've never been on NCL but have a cruise on hold and I'm debating the value of the drink package.

They are around 3.50 plus 20%. So 4.20 or something like that. 

here is a little trick I do for free specialty coffee.  I fill a Tall plastic glass fro the buffet with ice.  Then ad 1/2 hot coffee.  The Ice of course will melt, then add some soft serve ice cream to the coffee glass. Add some sugar, fill the glass with more ice.  It's a wonderful Specialty -like Iced Coffee drink, and it's free.  Im not a Starbucks ( or specialty coffee drinker) ,so obviously, I cant tell the difference between a real specialty coffee, or my fake specialty coffee.

• Like 2