Prebooking Chef's table info

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

This last photo above…do you remember his name?  We had him on the Sapphire.  Also, CT was $140 PP on there.  

Sorry, we don't remember??? 🤷‍♂️

We are on the Island and as previously posted, I had pre booked the chef’s table.  As suggested it was listed on our paid services, although I don’t believe our card was charged, I believe they posted it to credits.  A few days before it disappeared from our account.  

When we boarded on Friday, I called the dine line at noon, and today, two days later, received confirmation. 

I’m happy as a pig in slop, because all’s well that end’s well, but don’t assume the reservation is the end all.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 4:22 PM, Indiana Rob said:

Hi y'all,

We are sailing the Crown to Alaska this Saturday out of San Francisco.  I had read that you either needed to go to guest services, the dining room manager or dial the DINE Line to get a reservation at the Chef's table.

Today I went to the Princess homepage on my computer (not the app) and clicked "chat" in the bottom right hand corner and made my request.  It was very easy.  The agent even asked me which night I would like, so I selected the first formal night to make it a little extra special.  I do not know what the standard protocol is but am simply offering my recent experience in case others were wondering.

Happy cruising!

Hmmm?  What was the charge?

On 7/16/2024 at 4:50 PM, Nolafan said:

@Indiana Robis 100% correct- Princess is now taking your $ - for us it was $100 per person- for pre booking the Chefs Table. You will receive a receipt and it will show in your Travel Documents as pre booked and give you a date. 

However, once onboard they aren’t “ honoring “ the reservation. We are currently on the 16 night Iceland British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess and we still haven’t gotten confirmation on what night our Chef Table is, we have been given the complete run around from every Department on this, and the most frustrating thing about it is that every staff member keeps trying to up sell us to the Wine Maker Dinner for an extra $50 per person telling us that they can guarantee us a night for that but can’t guarantee that we can get in to the Chef’s Table. When we tell them that we pre paid for it, show them our receipts and our Travel Summary all that we are told is we can upgrade to the higher level of wine maker’s Table or get OBC.

Talk about run around and frustration!!!’ 

The Chef's Table is not $100.  It may have been on some ships 10 years ago but is now typically more and has never been available to pre-book.   As some others have mentioned, the Ultimate Balcony Dining is around $100-$110..maybe that is what they booked for you? 
The Winemakers Dinner is very nice although not as elaborate as Chef's Table.  
Good luck with whatever you choose.

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

The Chef's Table is not $100.  It may have been on some ships 10 years ago but is now typically more and has never been available to pre-book.   As some others have mentioned, the Ultimate Balcony Dining is around $100-$110..maybe that is what they booked for you? 
The Winemakers Dinner is very nice although not as elaborate as Chef's Table.  
Good luck with whatever you choose.

we booked the UBD for $110 total for 2 people for the SUN P in October - shows on Travel Summary as paid.  Not sure if we will be charged the 'extra' 18% once on board?  but if we do, that's the tip. . works out the same as the $20 we are planning on.

How do we break that down between the 2 people who serve/go get of food drinks?  or do they do that between themselves?

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2024 at 12:10 PM, voljeep said:

we booked the UBD for $110 total for 2 people for the SUN P in October - shows on Travel Summary as paid.  Not sure if we will be charged the 'extra' 18% once on board?  but if we do, that's the tip. . works out the same as the $20 we are planning on.

How do we break that down between the 2 people who serve/go get of food drinks?  or do they do that between themselves?

See which one does most of the work and tip him/her...or split if they split the work.
DH says if you give the whole $20 do it in front of the other one and he may be more likely to share it.  Or just give each $10 and be done with it.
Actually, if I remember correctly, the gratuity may be included so you can decide if you want to add anything extra.

Edited by suzyed

Just ended our Alaskan cruise on the Royal Princess this past Saturday, July 27th. We had booked a suite as a splurge so had access to a dedicated concierge. The very first day we asked him about Chef's Table and how much we would like to attend. He said he would take care of it (getting us on the list) and NOT to contact Dine Line OR Guest Services. We never heard anything else the whole cruise. Would have been nice to get notice that sorry you weren't selected. Have no idea if the Chef's Table even happened. ☹️

Just got back home from our 16 Night British Isles Icelandic cruise. I posted earlier on how we had pre booked The Chef’ s Table through our TA for $100 with wine pairings. At first there was some confusion on it from Princess when we boarded. However, the Director of Food and Beverages visited our Dining Table on Day 4ish  gave us our invitation to it and apologized to us about the delay.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Chef’s Table on the Caribbean and would definitely do it again.

So you can pre book it and it is $100 - at least on the Caribbean it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 8:57 AM, Indiana Rob said:

If I can, I will try and update you on the situation once I am onboard. We board tomorrow.

Couldn't find anything else on this pre booked CT. How did you make out? Did you get to enjoy this experience?

Thought I throw in my recent experience.....we boarded the Crown to Alaska on July 31st and were approached during dinner on our second Nite by the Matre'd to see if we would be interested in the CT.  We had not shown any prior interest, but thought it might be a fun experience, so we threw our name in the hat.  He explained that they would have to find 12 people who were interested and that we would be contacted later if it was to happen.  A few days later we were contacted and invited for the dinner.  The price was $100 pp with the wine package or $80 without.  They also added a $18pp gratuity.  The whole experience was excellent and well, well worth the money!  

• Like 3

what were the menus like?  Seems I've read the CT menus are driven by corporate now vs chefs choices and if I recall right the mains were either salmon or veal.

1 minute ago, Cruise2End said:

I’ve done Chefs Table on many cruises.  The Chef’s Table price can vary depending on the ship.   Also if you don’t want alcohol, it is a lesser price.  

For us it is way way to much food. The portions tend to be humongous 

8 hours ago, Cruise2End said:

I’ve done Chefs Table on many cruises.  The Chef’s Table price can vary depending on the ship.   Also if you don’t want alcohol, it is a lesser price.  

The price for Grand ships is lower than the Royal class ships. I don't know if the Sun/Star has a different price point.

10 hours ago, rmsmith said:

what were the menus like?  Seems I've read the CT menus are driven by corporate now vs chefs choices and if I recall right the mains were either salmon or veal.

I've done CT numerous times, the last being on the Island this January. Most mains have been some combination of lobster, beef, and/or lamb. The last I knew is that CT is driven by the Executive Chef whereas it was previously driven by Corporate. Always possible it has reverted to Corporate driven again.

2 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

I've done CT numerous times, the last being on the Island this January. Most mains have been some combination of lobster, beef, and/or lamb. The last I knew is that CT is driven by the Executive Chef whereas it was previously driven by Corporate. Always possible it has reverted to Corporate driven again.

I can confirm with Aggie....as was our experience two weeks ago, our host was the Executive Chef who told us he was in charge of what was prepared, and our main entre was a combination of a 6oz filet, approx. 1 pound lobster tail and a beautifully breaded lamb chop, along with mashed potatoes and veggies, paired with some great wine.  Of course, this was served after soup (lobster bisque), salad (greek salad) and appetizers (crab cakes)!  And since it was our anniversary, he made us a special anniversary raspberry Delite dessert!  Yes, way too much food, but quite the experience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beave8920 said:

I can confirm with Aggie....as was our experience two weeks ago, our host was the Executive Chef who told us he was in charge of what was prepared, and our main entre was a combination of a 6oz filet, approx. 1 pound lobster tail and a beautifully breaded lamb chop, along with mashed potatoes and veggies, paired with some great wine.  Of course, this was served after soup (lobster bisque), salad (greek salad) and appetizers (crab cakes)!  And since it was our anniversary, he made us a special anniversary raspberry Delite dessert!  Yes, way too much food, but quite the experience.

Thank you Beave and Aggie, glad to hear what your experiences were.  Maybe the corporate menu was short lived.  I'll have to check with the guest services or the Maitre De when we board the Sun in a few weeks!  This is an anniversary cruise for us as well, so hoping to do something special for dining once or twice.

• Like 1