Infinite Balcony Question

Just now, NMTraveller said:

While on the Edge.  The number one complaint was the IVs.  Not many complaints on a cruise.

If we could change the name to “cabin with window” would that fix it?

Posted (edited)

I bet more of this IV thing than any of us know is to cut down wind resistance while sailing…

Regardless, they seem to be filling the ships..my ABC cruise this September on the Beyond is sold out at all levels below The Retreat, or at least it was showing that a couple of days ago. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

37 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

While on the Edge.  The number one complaint was the IVs.  Not many complaints on a cruise.

Do you realize there were no doubt in excess of 1,000 guests in IVs?  How many did you interview?

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Just don't call it something it is not.  It is neither a veranda nor infinite.

Uh oh.  I can hear the fan boys circling the wagons.

45 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Just don't call it something it is not.  It is neither a veranda nor infinite.

By that thought, a Sunset Veranda is mislabeled too…. 🙂

Aft Balcony seems to be more appropriate..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

How about a Sky Suite?😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Oville said:

Do you realize there were no doubt in excess of 1,000 guests in IVs?  How many did you interview?

Do you have links to surveys saying that pax like the IV?  When the President of the company said in the QA thread that some pax don’t like them, did she say what percent like them?

52 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If we could change the name to “cabin with window” would that fix it?

it would if you added "that opens" after window.

However it would leave X with a major marketing problem as it would have to admit that E class had only 10% of cabins with "a balcony/veranda" compared to 85% on S Class. Just imagine the response from the likes of Virgin to that.

• Like 1

Just now, the penguins said:

However it would leave X with a major marketing problem as it would have to admit that E class had only 10% of cabins with "a balcony/veranda" compared to 85% on S Class. Just imagine the response from the likes of Virgin to that.

I have friends that have sailed Virgin, they say the bathrooms in the regular balcony and below are the smallest they have ever experienced..one and done for them..2 couples that regularly sail Celebrity..

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Imagine the response from the “people” on certain websites that think every decision Celebrity makes is perfect.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Uh oh.  I can hear the fan boys circling the wagons.

I started my cruise today but it’s a solo room. I was only in the room long enough to drop luggage, fill safe, and do a quick walkthrough.  There are big clouds and starting to rain so window is locked.  I don’t know if that’s normal in embarkation port or due to weather. Beyond feels tall and narrow to me. I like the feel of the cabin but I’ll need a better weather day to have an opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I have friends that have sailed Virgin, they say the bathrooms in the regular balcony and below are the smallest they have ever experienced..one and done for them..2 couples that regularly sail Celebrity..

I’m in a solo and the shower seemed huge for a cruise ship. Solo IV has more narrow bathroom but it felt as big as I remember on other ships. Magnetic door is unusually hard to open

4 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

I started my cruise today but it’s a solo room. I was only in the room long enough to drop luggage, fill safe, and do a quick walkthrough.  There are big clouds and starting to rain so window is locked.  I don’t know if that’s normal in embarkation port or due to weather. Beyond feels tall and narrow to me. I like the feel of the cabin but I’ll need a better weather day to have an opinion. 

Keep us posted, I’m in an IV for the first time this September..

1 minute ago, TGfromTX said:

I’m in a solo and the shower seemed huge for a cruise ship. Solo IV has more narrow bathroom but it felt as big as I remember on other ships. Magnetic door is unusually hard to open

Celebrity does have some of the best normal sized bathrooms in my experience..

I forgot to take my morning meds and wanted to change into swim trunks so I snuck back into my cabin. It’s been cleaned already so i chose to hang out a bit. It is 84 right now due to rain. The rain stopped and the window is no longer locked.  with the cabin set to 68, the room was fine with window and folding doors completely open for about 15 to 20 minutes. The vent does circulate air still.  After that time the air is still chilled but I don’t know how long the duct work is.  Since the temp dropped outside it may take longer for the duct to heat up.  I will pull the thermometer out when it’s warmer outside. The gaps at the outer edges of the folding doors are bigger than I expected - almost an inch on each side plus nothing is sealed tightly. 
I closed blinds for about 10 more minutes and nothing is fogging up in the room besides the panes of the folding doors. 
For moderate climates I think all is fine with my limited experience.  The big gaps likely aren’t going to trap cool air in hot heat but I will post once I know more. 

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Is your bed by the bath or the window?  I hear if it's by the bath the room feels larger.  By comparison if it's by the window it seems more crowded.  Would love your thoughts on this!

We have an IV booked for March and just realized the bed is by the window.  Thinking of changing, but we have a great location and i know I will lose that if i change.  

Thanks!

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

They are named appropriately.  A balcony projects off the side.  

Just now, NMTraveller said:

Or install appropriate sized ACs so that they can be cooled down in a timely manner ...

How big are they now?  How big do they need to be?

It’s 87F outside right now.  I don’t open my windows.  I want to keep the heat and humidity outside.

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How big are they now?  How big do they need to be?

It’s 87F outside right now.  I don’t open my windows.  I want to keep the heat and humidity outside.

Lucky you.  It is 107 outside.  I don't open my windows either.