Over a year until embarkation

RedJessi

Posted (edited)

Hello all! We are trying a second Princess cruise- downloaded the new app and noticed that only 1 of the 3 dining rooms is showing available reservations. Does Princess hold back reservations or do they typically fill up this quickly?

Edited by RedJessi
too specific

• RedJessi changed the title to Over a year until embarkation

I highly doubt anything is filled already, and dining reservations are all over the place as their system is being revamped. Be patient for a bit, or give Princess a call if you're concerned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, julia said:

I highly doubt anything is filled already, and dining reservations are all over the place as their system is being revamped. Be patient for a bit, or give Princess a call if you're concerned.

Thats what I thought - but I wanted to double check. The app says there are no available time slots for 2 of the dining rooms and that seems crazy this far out. 

Posted (edited)

@RedJessi Here is the information I have. Might just be too early to book dining room reservations for August 2025. But just keep trying.

Majestic Princess- 2024-2025

Symphony -Traditional at 5pm (private table available or shared ) & 7:30 pm( only private table)

Allegro- reservable  every 20 minutes 5 pm- 8:20 pm

Concerto-Walk ins

Majestic 2026-passengers can see that this is available ,but cannot reserve yet as of July 6, 2024. As of 7-11-24 only Symphony available to book- Elite 

Symphony- reservable every 20 minute time slots (5 pm to 6:20 pm shared or private table) 

6:40 pm -7:40 pm private table only

Allegro- not available yet

Concerto - not available yet

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@RedJessi Here is the information I have. Might just be too early to book dining room reservations for August 2025.

Excellent info, thank you!

I will be traveling in a group of 12- is there a dining room that would be able to sit us at one table? Our last Princess cruise could not  - which was disappointing as dinners together is one of my mom's favorite parts of cruising together.

Disney has been able to sit us as a group of 15 when we have cruised with them.

Edited by RedJessi

With 12 people around 2 pushed together tables I have no tea how you can really carry on conversations. Only I dining room will be for reservable tables at different times. 1 will be for traditional dining with only 2 sittings and 1 will be for walk-ins

17 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Book two sixes and speak ( this Is controversial) to the Maitre D as soon as you board. I would make it a presidential visit ( tip). It will become a reality.

This is what we did on Sapphire - they would seat us at tables near each other but because of the tight laugh out of the dining room, we could not have the tables pushed together. Mom was sorely disappointed in not being able to see everyone and have conversations as a group.

The largest table we have had on Princess was 10 people. Even that many made conversations awkward. It was a 28 day cruise and, after a short while, we started sitting in different places so we could be next to different people for conversations. It worked out quite well. There were two women who were sailing solo and 4 couples. On couple stayed in their original spot but the other couples and the solos moved around. (The couples moved as a unit.)

10 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I’m sorry that she will be disappointed. They will try their best. Perhaps she can start at one table and do dessert at the other or alternate by days.

Thats a clever solution - I like it! I will mention it to her - thank you 🙂

• Like 1

We had a party of 14.  We were at an 8 top and 6 top.  Only rule was you couldn't set next to the same person two nights in a row, except for your spouse or significant other.  Most people changed tables every couple of nights, some didn't. 

• Like 1

If you have 12 people at one table there is no way you can have a conversation across the table unless you really yell or else send each other texts.  The background noise level in the dining room is high and the acoustics in the room are awful.  Just go w two tables of 6 and switch around every night.

DON

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

The largest table we have had on Princess was 10 people. Even that many made conversations awkward. It was a 28 day cruise and, after a short while, we started sitting in different places so we could be next to different people for conversations. It worked out quite well. There were two women who were sailing solo and 4 couples. On couple stayed in their original spot but the other couples and the solos moved around. (The couples moved as a unit.)

Oh. My. Gosh.  You've brought up our very first cruise!  April, 2001, San Diego (our hometown).

We are complete novices on the Rhapsody of the Seas, and had NO idea if we would even like cruising. The dining room was quite beautiful, and we are seated (only fixed dining back then) at an oblong table of ten.  Several couples, parents & grown daughter, and a solo woman. All seated on night #1, by night #2, all had changed seats (with laughter), but on night #3, the awesome waitstaff had already placed our drinks in different places when we arrived! By the week end, we were all friends and buying each other after dinner drinks in the RCCL "loving cups"

(anyone remember those?!)  It was an awesome table, and apparently, we fell in love with cruising.

15 hours ago, RedJessi said:

Excellent info, thank you!

I will be traveling in a group of 12- is there a dining room that would be able to sit us at one table? Our last Princess cruise could not  - which was disappointing as dinners together is one of my mom's favorite parts of cruising together.

Disney has been able to sit us as a group of 15 when we have cruised with them.

Our group of 10 or 12 travelled at least twice a year a few years ago.  My suggestion is take two tables of six.  You can switch people around nightly.  More importantly it would take us at one table 3 or more hours each dinner so the couples that wanted to seethe shows missed them.  It was a problem.  We are down to just 4 of us now due to ailments or just old age or even falling out with others.

Just to address something a few people think are impossible:

I have cruised multiple times on Disney with my extended family - with at least 12 people, with the youngest being 3 or 4 and the eldest being in their 70s. We have always been sat together for dinner services and have enjoyed it immensely, Can everyone hear every thing that every other person said? Of course not - but does that ever happen around the table at thanksgiving? Also, of course not - but it's about being at that table *together*, being able to see everyone's smiles and watching the kids' reactions to the experience, laughing together when certain things happen. For example, my 7 year old nephew ordered a steak for dinner - when it arrived, since he was seated next to me - I went to cut it into bite sized pieces for him. But before I made the first cut, the waiter appeared and said "I got that, mom - you enjoy your meal!" and cut the steak. Very nice! But as soon as he was done (which took seconds - these people are true professionals!) he then turned to my 70+ year old mother and cut her steak too - and then the entire table erupted into laughter as he fed her the first bite! Passing our plates around, so others get a taste of this or that, my brother in law getting my teetotaler parents to try a sip of an after dinner cocktail. Those are the memories my mother finds bring her the most joy - and on our past Princess cruise, when sat at two tables near to each other, she felt she missed out on seeing/experiencing a lot of those little moments.

I hope this clarifies the issue. I also truly appreciate some of the suggestions that have been offered!

Posted (edited)

@RedJessi if you have a travel agent, I would enlist their help.See what they can find out for you, for a table of 12. Totally get what you’re saying you want to all be at the same table, not a different table.

I think since your cruise is such a long way away( August 2025)  that you may only get your answer once onboard??

Princess doesn’t really have a lot of tables available for that size group, but I’m sure that once you’re onboard the dining room can figure it out to accommodate your request or maybe before your cruise your travel agent can help you out with this and book a dining room??

I’ve pretty much seen large  tables for 8 people and 10 people And there’s not many of them.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@RedJessi if you have a travel agent, I would enlist their help.See what they can find out for you, for a table of 12. Totally get what you’re saying you want to all be at the same table, not a different table.

Good advice.  Way back in when only fixed dining was available we had tables for 12.  Now days depending on the size of our group, it will be two or three tables next to each other.  

For some reason, even if I promise to behave, I never get to sit at the kid's table.