Princess BOGO Excursion Promotion

Posted (edited)

Fyi, just received this email promotion.  Anyone else receive it?  This was tied to our October of 2025 Sun Princess Med/TA cruise.

Screenshot_20240719_100159_Gmail.thumb.jpg.1910d105e0c17544ec3b4d760385d617.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it is good for 2025 Sky Princess. Purchased several excursions for our April med cruise last week.  I will keep an eye out

Edited by Mara4166

Just check the prices after the sale is over (if you haven’t done so before the sale). Sometimes they double the excursion prices just before the BYOG50% sale. They might come back down after the sale. 

Best idea, if you are set on a princess excursion, is to book it as early as you can and keep watching prices. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Best idea, if you are set on a princess excursion, is to book it as early as you can and keep watching prices. 

This sale does not affect us as we rarely book any Princess excursions, especially in Europe.  We prefer privately booked excursions or DIY.

I got it on my September 2024 Transatlantic but not on my other 4 (see signature). Not terribly useful for me as there's a town shuttle from Port to castle at 1st port, Vigo is walkable, and I've been to the Canaries before so thats a definite DIY. Was hoping it should up on BA -> FL but no luck 

I got the email also on our TA that includes Iceland. Looking at the excursions they are pretty expensive. Anybody have any experience on the cost of Iceland excursions?

It would be nice for our late 2025 cruises - especially for getting to Paris. With a 3 hour drive each way I'm hesitant to trust a private tour.  Haven't seen anything though...

I just did a cruise with NCL with Iceland - the excursions from the cruiselines are very expensive, but pretty much everything there was expensive. There were some places in Iceland that people booked their own excursions or rented a car (if available). There was a town walk & walk to a waterfall in Grundarfjordur - for the both of us it was $142.80 (that was the cheapest excursion we did) and it really wasn't worth the cost - we could have walked to the waterfall ourselves. Most other excursions were over $200pp.

9 minutes ago, Globaler said:

I got the email also on our TA that includes Iceland. Looking at the excursions they are pretty expensive. Anybody have any experience on the cost of Iceland excursions?

I just looked back and I had already booked the Best of the Golden Circle at $510 it’s now $640 so if I had purchased on 50% offer it would have been 480. Still less but not the large savings you would hope for.

This morning I received the BOGO 50 off email. Talk about a misleading sale. They raised prices last week and now they are back to where they were the week before. Reading the fineprint "Buy One, Get One 50% off is based on a discount of up to 25% off a single ticket purchase.". So its Up to 25%, and price displayed reflects discount. So where is the sale? How do they get away with calling this a BOGO sale?

Same price I booked at months ago. Did not take 1/2 off as advertised.

Dud not get email but see Bogo on my booking.

Yeah this kinda sux. I had gone through a bunch of excursions on two Northern Europe cruises for Fall of 2025 and saved them to favorites. When I looked at the BOGOHO prices they were higher than the prices I saved. Yes they showed the old prices but clicking through, the new prices show. Some sale. Seems all the "sales" are just new ways of showing you the same prices.

At this point I figured they weren't getting any lower so I booked some. Should have done so a while ago.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

It would be nice for our late 2025 cruises - especially for getting to Paris. With a 3 hour drive each way I'm hesitant to trust a private tour.  Haven't seen anything though...

• We did the Paris City Drive and Seine lunch cruise last fall while on the Island, and it was a marvelous day.  I know a lot of people say it's too far to go to Paris etc etc, but we have no regrets.  We had a fabulous guide who made the 3 hour drive go by so fast, our bus was modern and comfortable, the group size was nice and the bus wasn't full so we could spread out.  We had a nice tour of all the sights, then a wonderful lunch on the Bateau Parisiens boat (with three courses of wine 😀) and a nice cruise.  We had time for about 1.5 hours on our own afterwards so we walked around the Eiffel Tower, across the bridge, took some pictures and did some shopping.  It was a long day but it honestly flew by.  We also had a beautiful weather day which helped.  I personally would not attempt a private tour for such a distance and we were happy with the Princess tour.  We booked it several years in advance and it was postponed several times due to covid before we finally got to go last fall, so we paid $250 (quite a bit less than they are asking now).  

We are also going back in late 2026 and are hoping to do the Mont St. Michel excursion this time.  

Screenshot 2024-07-19 3.47.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-19 3.47.36 PM.png

Edited by Paula_MacFan

10 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We did the Paris City Drive and Seine lunch cruise last fall while on the Island, and it was a marvelous day.  I know a lot of people say it's too far to go to Paris etc etc, but we have no regrets.  We had a fabulous guide who made the 3 hour drive go by so fast, our bus was modern and comfortable, the group size was nice and the bus wasn't full so we could spread out.  We had a nice tour of all the sights, then a wonderful lunch on the Bateau Parisiens boat and a nice cruise

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the excursion for what it was.  If you haven't already, I hope you get a chance to experience more time in Paris by doing a land trip.  The Princess excursion from Le Havre doesn't even take a small bite of what Paris has to offer.  You literally spend more time on a bus than walking the streets, living, breathing, and experiencing Paris.  There are certain cities that can be seen in a day, but Paris isn't one of them.  If you choose the excursion to Paris with the Seine River Cruise, it looks like the free time has been eliminated from the itinerary.

I highly recommend visiting Mont Saint Michel.  Really interesting place that can be fully experienced in a day.  This really waters down the experience, but it kind of reminds me of a historical Harry Potter land.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 141252.jpg

17 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the excursion for what it was.  If you haven't already, I hope you get a chance to experience more time in Paris by doing a land trip.  The Princess excursion from Le Havre doesn't even take a small bite of what Paris has to offer.  You literally spend more time on a bus than walking the streets, living, breathing, and experiencing Paris.  There are certain cities that can be seen in a day, but Paris isn't one of them.  

Thanks for the lecture I guess.  I never said it was the best or only way to visit Paris, I was responding to another poster who mentioned looking for a Princess Paris tour.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We did the Paris City Drive and Seine lunch cruise last fall while on the Island, and it was a marvelous day. 

This is the one my wife thinks would best suit her and I have no issue with it - other than the exorbitant pricing. I can use OBC to pay for it but still find the price crazy. Ah, well. The BOGO would make it more palatable but we will book it anyway.  I probably should go ahead and book it now even though the cruise is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far off but I want to use OBC and doubt I can get the Shareholder OBC applied yet since they moved to Stockperks. Maybe I should go ahead and try the "old way" and see if it goes through.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, that said:

@Thrak

Suggest submit

now Stockperks for the 2025 cruise

excursions should book with your OBC

AFIK, there is still a max 90 day prior rule in effect.  I doun't know if they make exceptions since outsourcing

I just received the email for my 4/21/25 Mediterranean cruise on the Majestic Princess. I will investigate once I am able to get into the Princess website as I am getting the “unavailable” message which I get more often than not☹️

I received the email and looked at my cruise for next June.  Hadn't looked before so don't know what prices were.  One port, Kusadasi, the excursion I would want only has 18 tickets available so there is some pressure to purchase now.  It is refundable though.  I checked Viator and they are much less expensive but don't include tickets.  I also didn't see the Terrace Houses in a tour but maybe they did have one.  Feel a little uncomfortable in Turkey with a private tour with us three people and would rather be on a larger excursion.  

So how does this work?  If I book one excursion for two people does Princess discount the second person or is it when I book a second excursion in a different port?

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

I received the email and looked at my cruise for next June.  Hadn't looked before so don't know what prices were.  One port, Kusadasi, the excursion I would want only has 18 tickets available so there is some pressure to purchase now.  It is refundable though.  I checked Viator and they are much less expensive but don't include tickets.  I also didn't see the Terrace Houses in a tour but maybe they did have one.  Feel a little uncomfortable in Turkey with a private tour with us three people and would rather be on a larger excursion.  

So how does this work?  If I book one excursion for two people does Princess discount the second person or is it when I book a second excursion in a different port?

The discount is split between the two guests.  Reading the fine print it is up to 25% off per person.   The excursion I booked it works out at 19% pp discount.   Only valid on select sailings, select excursions in the Med area. 
Not the greatest but we have more OBC than we can use.   

Checked the two Princess excursions I had booked and price is now higher than I paid.  Obviously not going to cancel and rebook.

• Like 1