Disembarking Oasis in FLL

Hello all. I am booked, in March, on a 6-nights Oasis of the Seas itinerary in the Caribbean arriving back in FLL on the 8th of March at 6am. On the same day, I will embark on a Transatlantic with Celebrity Apex, leaving FLL at 3.30pm .

Sailing mostly in Europe, I genuinely did not consider much the timing of controls on disembarkation day, nor the possible distance between the terminals of Oasis and Apex in FLL.

Shuld I worry about possible delays? Any suggestions or tricks?

Thank you!

You will probably be able to disembark Oasis as early as 7 am.   I have personally not done it but I have heard you would be best to use a car service to the next ship unless royal offers a shuttle bus (not sure about that)

As Celebrity probably won't be ready to board until 10 am or thereafter you probably want to pick the latest disembarkment you can then take car share to the Celebrity ship.   

• Like 1

Thank you! This is much reassuring. I was actually worried about the contrary: that due to delays in passport controls or Oasis clearance I may be late for Apex! I suppose then despite being Oasis huge the procedure will be quite quick.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, allegrocontadino said:

Hello all. I am booked, in March, on a 6-nights Oasis of the Seas itinerary in the Caribbean arriving back in FLL on the 8th of March at 6am. On the same day, I will embark on a Transatlantic with Celebrity Apex, leaving FLL at 3.30pm .

Sailing mostly in Europe, I genuinely did not consider much the timing of controls on disembarkation day, nor the possible distance between the terminals of Oasis and Apex in FLL.

Shuld I worry about possible delays? Any suggestions or tricks?

Thank you!

If I were you, and assuming you can walk and carry your own luggage, I would try to be the last one off Oasis and walk to the Apex terminal. That should leave you with little to no wait time before boarding Apex. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

I would not recommend walking.   Port Everglades is not pedestrian friendly.

Plus if you are like me and always have 1 large and 1 small bag per person I wouldn't want to walk the 1/2 mile or so to the Celebrities cruise terminal.   A quick taxi or uber/lyft ride is much better.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, allegrocontadino said:

Thank you! This is much reassuring. I was actually worried about the contrary: that due to delays in passport controls or Oasis clearance I may be late for Apex! I suppose then despite being Oasis huge the procedure will be quite quick.

They have the facial recognition in FLL for passport control. You just walk strait off the ship barely even pausing.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I would not recommend walking.   Port Everglades is not pedestrian friendly.

Plus if you are like me and always have 1 large and 1 small bag per person I wouldn't want to walk the 1/2 mile or so to the Celebrities cruise terminal.   A quick taxi or uber/lyft ride is much better.

Agreed, a taxi/rideshare is a far better option at Port Everglades.

And while nothing is guaranteed in life, the odds of not making your second cruise are very, VERY slim. I have never personally experienced a disembarkation delay of more than a couple of hours, and I've only heard/read of it happening a handful of times. Especially outside of hurricane season, anything major enough for an eight-hour delay would probably also prevent your second cruise from departing. 

Chances are 99.9% that you will have a smooth, pleasant turnaround day. 🙂 

• Like 2

We walked from Equinox to Liberty earlier this year.  Turned out Liberty was at 18, which is just the other side of the parking structure.  Easy walk.  Oasis will be at 17, so maybe 100 yds farther.  The port parking structure for Apex should be 25, so walk out of 17, turn left and walk along the road through the Palm Garage to the terminal.  They will likely have someone taking luggage as early as 930, but leave Oasis as late as possible and plan on getting to the new terminal around 10.  No sidewalk around Palm - walk diagonally through the garage.

Note - I wouldn't try this if new ship was at 29 - too far.  And really hot or rainy weather might make it worthwhile to take a cab.  They don't like terminal to terminal rides but offer them $20 for it.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:16 PM, allegrocontadino said:

You will make your "connection" with plenty of time to spare.

48 minutes ago, LeeW said:

We walked from Equinox to Liberty earlier this year.  Turned out Liberty was at 18, which is just the other side of the parking structure.  Easy walk.  Oasis will be at 17, so maybe 100 yds farther.  The port parking structure for Apex should be 25, so walk out of 17, turn left and walk along the road through the Palm Garage to the terminal.  They will likely have someone taking luggage as early as 930, but leave Oasis as late as possible and plan on getting to the new terminal around 10.  No sidewalk around Palm - walk diagonally through the garage.

Note - I wouldn't try this if new ship was at 29 - too far.  And really hot or rainy weather might make it worthwhile to take a cab.  They don't like terminal to terminal rides but offer them $20 for it.

Oasis always uses terminal 18.

• Like 1

Yup.  Liberty was at the middle terminal, 19.  Return was to 18.  Easy walk to either, provided not raining.  The real catch for the OP is where the Apex is.  Terminal 25 is great, 29 not so great.