Is there a deadline for updating my Medallion photo?

I cannot find a reference to a deadline for changing (updating) our personal photo for our Medallion.  Do I need to do it within a defined period before our cruise?

Can I do it a week before?  30 days before?

Just thought this might be of interest not only to me, but to a number of people.

Thanks.

There is not a deadline to update your Security photo on the App. 

Normally, you would update it during your check in process on the App, like travel docs, dining, wifi etc.

I wouldn’t worry about it, as most of the time, security will take another photo anyway.  

• Like 1

Might be all wet, but I thought the security photo image imbedded in the medallion always happened during embarkation.  And, that the security image was different than and in addition to the one I added.   

They haven't taken new security photos for any of our cruises with the Medallion. Of course the ones we use look like police booking photos... 🤪

• Haha 1

I've noticed that the App carries 2 photos.  There is the photo that you uploaded and is used as your profile pic which shows under the Profile tab and is visible to other passengers under Shipmates, cabin door, and ship portals.   Then there is the Security Photo that shows under the Travel Checklist.  This photo automatically shows the photo that ship security took of you and uploaded on their end.

You technically don't have to upload a real photo of yourself on the App.  I don't use a real photo as a Profile photo and nothing has been said.  Security will take a photo of you for ship purposes (this is the photo that populates on the crew tablets and devices) and once you've cruised with Princess for the first time post App release the photo will remain in the Security Photo section until they take a new photo of you.

Your security photo and your personal photo (that is the one that show up at your door when you enter the cabin) are totally different. My personal photo is one of my cat