CELEBRITY WEBSITE SUCKS!

9 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Always easy to blame the other than yourself just saying. 

Yes, completely agree! I say this to my husband all the time. He’s completely computer inept. But I’m not and in this case I was locked out because I clicked Manage Reservation too many times in my hunt for the spa treatments page…which I have yet to find. 😡 Therefore, in my infinite wisdom, I had quite an a-ha moment…what about the app? Went straight to my phone and sure enough, there’s a tab that says SPA!  Clicked on it and….wait for it….nothing but a list of open house activities. IMO this is a great place to insert a little blurb… “Book your relaxing spa treatment by visiting our reception desk on deck 14 or by clicking on _____ in your cruise planner”

If only I were in charge 😂….

44 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, completely agree! I say this to my husband all the time. He’s completely computer inept. But I’m not and in this case I was locked out because I clicked Manage Reservation too many times in my hunt for the spa treatments page…which I have yet to find. 😡

Don't hit "Manage reservation".  Hit "Plan my cruise".

Then look across the tabs at the very top of the page.

Spa.thumb.jpg.7cbcd22f6f5b53a4ee0d215f77b1112d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I thought you could purchase Spa tratements but could not book them until onboard.  Have I been mislead? 

I finally found it under Plan My Vacation not Manage Reservation.  @bikerunner was right...user error.  

After selecting the treatment you want you can click Reserve and a list of days/times pop up from which to select.

52 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, completely agree! I say this to my husband all the time. He’s completely computer inept. But I’m not and in this case I was locked out because I clicked Manage Reservation too many times in my hunt for the spa treatments page…which I have yet to find. 😡 Therefore, in my infinite wisdom, I had quite an a-ha moment…what about the app? Went straight to my phone and sure enough, there’s a tab that says SPA!  Clicked on it and….wait for it….nothing but a list of open house activities. IMO this is a great place to insert a little blurb… “Book your relaxing spa treatment by visiting our reception desk on deck 14 or by clicking on _____ in your cruise planner”

If only I were in charge 😂….

I can certainly make a reservation for spa treatment in the app.  It sound like you’ve found the Spa landing area within the app but you need to scroll along the categories at the top: Massage, Cosmetic Treatments, Hair etc.  This brings up the items and prices under each category and allows me to ‘reserve now’.

Catherine

5 minutes ago, KforKitty said:

I can certainly make a reservation for spa treatment in the app.  It sound like you’ve found the Spa landing area within the app but you need to scroll along the categories at the top: Massage, Cosmetic Treatments, Hair etc.  This brings up the items and prices under each category and allows me to ‘reserve now’.

Catherine

I see SPA in the daily planner of the app and when I click on it there is a list of seminars but nothing allowing me to click on specific treatments or times/pricing.  Just looked again.

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I see SPA in the daily planner of the app and when I click on it there is a list of seminars but nothing allowing me to click on specific treatments or times/pricing.  Just looked again.

It’s not within the daily planner but you click on the ship icon on the right of the planner icon.  This takes you to a list of “Things to do”.

Catherine

• Thanks 1

Just now, KforKitty said:

It’s not within the daily planner but you click on the ship icon on the right of the planner icon.  This takes you to a list of “Things to do”.

Catherine

sorry I mean LEFT not right 

Celebrity website ?  Let me ask has anyone had a problem entering promo codes ?

They emailed me twice offering $50 off next cruise .  I booked a cruise but neither promo code 

"SailAway" or "SailAndSave" worked .  I called the next day and unbelievably they will not honor the code because "it has to be entered at the time of sale  .  "  They kept me on hold for an hour to tell me this .  Hard to believe .

14 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I really don't get why ALL the cruise lines have such crappy websites and IT. Absolutely mind-boggling. I can't think of any other industry that is run with such a garbage infrastructure.

That's what you will typically get when you:

A) Farm it out to the lowest bidder and

B) That lowest bidder is in a third world country...

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 4:00 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can't book spa treatments because I'm locked out.  Had to vent.  That is all.

I had to laugh when I saw the title of this thread, "Celebrity Website Sucks!".  We've been Celebrity loyalists for well over 25 years.  Though things are vastly better than they once were, I've always thought the website was their weakest link....  I even thought once about writing in to say, "Are you familiar at all with the webpage concept of 'user friendly'?"  😉 

CM

• Like 1

On 7/21/2024 at 7:11 PM, DaKahuna said:

I thought you could purchase Spa tratements but could not book them until onboard.  Have I been mislead? 

If that's the case? What's the point? Booking the treatment  before you board would be the sole purpose. Anybody can pay for a treatment. Getting the treatment at the desired day and time is the hard part. 

47 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If that's the case? What's the point?

I was mistaken and have been made aware of that fact.  

You can tell how often I have booked the Spa for my DW.  Only once and did it onboard. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CelebrityMan said:

I even thought once about writing in to say, "Are you familiar at all with the webpage concept of 'user friendly'?"  😉 

My take is not that they hire D students or farm it out to another country. I reckon that they hire Millennials and Gen Zers who NEVER test anything before it’s rolled out. 

In my job (big company) I had to work with Microsoft on the rollout of new software. (Years ago I learned to code  and understand building and testing.) The Microsoft project manager told me flat out that they don’t always test software- it’s more efficient to let the end user tell them about errors. 🙄