Celebrity Reflection help

I am platinum on NCL and know everything about rooms on their ships, food etc. this is my second time on Celebrity so I’m looking for advice on balcony rooms, experience on specialty dining and beverage package options. Specifically, I usually like an aft cabin. But with the bump outs does it make sense to do midship on a bump out instead? Is there a guide like someone else posted for NCL on balcony and room sizes? Is the specialty dining worth the cost? I recall the food being very good in the MDR. Plus I will be with a group of eight so we may not be able to get in to certain specialty restaurants. And it looks like the classic beverage package only allows up to $10 drinks. Is that true?

I personally would not book an aft cabin on Celebrity unless it’s a corner one on M class because I prefer a lot of shade from an overhang. Overhang shade is more limited in aft cabins on Reflection than on the sides of the ship. 
There are a lot of nice specialty dining venues on Reflection not all of which are available on other S class ships. You might consider the Porch or Lawn Club Grill for lunch as it’s cheaper than dinner and can more easily accommodate a group of 8 during the lunch hour. 
Classic drink package covers drinks up to $10. If you go over you’re charged the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. We usually upgrade to premium so we don’t have to worry about it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Agree pretty much with everything mentioned by @Georgia_Peaches with the exception of the aft staterooms.  While they do offer less shade as the structure of the ship slopes outward as the deck numbers go lower, the view from the aft is one of our favorites. We enjoy pretty much any aft facing location. JMO and personal choice. 

We also enjoy the hump staterooms due to their extension from the sides of the ship and proximity to the main elevator banks.

Their advice on the drink package would be ours as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you watch the promos you may get a discount on the premium upgrade.  I recently upgraded for under $10 pp/day.    

Are the specialty restaurants worth the up charge?  For us no.   Too much food but it is a nice experience to try once.  Unless you try it you will never know if it is worth it. 

Just because you are traveling with 8 others do have to be joined at the hip for all dining?   You may want to have one time away from the crowd.  🤷‍♂️.  And they from you.😱😬   You could mention before the cruise that you would like to try one and they could join you.  If they do I would recommend doing it 4 at a table.  Anything more takes away the intimacy, and  creates a loud table.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Posted (edited)

The drink packages 

6 hours ago, Annies88 said:

I am platinum on NCL and know everything about rooms on their ships, food etc. this is my second time on Celebrity so I’m looking for advice on balcony rooms, experience on specialty dining and beverage package options. Specifically, I usually like an aft cabin. But with the bump outs does it make sense to do midship on a bump out instead? Is there a guide like someone else posted for NCL on balcony and room sizes? Is the specialty dining worth the cost? I recall the food being very good in the MDR. Plus I will be with a group of eight so we may not be able to get in to certain specialty restaurants. And it looks like the classic beverage package only allows up to $10 drinks. Is that true?

I am booked on the Reflection. Currently the classic drink package is going for $74.99 per person per day. That's the sale price with 15% off.  Price out the all inclusive package that also includes basic WiFi. For me at the time of booking it came to $50 a day per person for both drinks and WiFi.

We are good with house brands for mixed drinks and wine we don't order off of the special drink menus that tend to be over the price limit so I will just pay the up charge if I want a drink over the price limit. The upgrade to the premium package is on sale for $13.99 daily and both passengers must purchase it. 

We only do specialty dining if once we board they are offering a discount which has been a better discount than what they offer prepaid online. However, know you need to be flexible with day and time.  We are fine with the offerings that are included with the price of the cruise. The specialty restaurants costs have gone up dramatically and aren't the same value as they have been in the past especially since they now add an 18% tip.

Edited by Iamcruzin

If you're willing to spend a little more or have the flexibility to go short notice, Celebrity Aqua Class is the way to go. Its the same sized room as regular veranda but you get exclusive access the the Blu restaurant and the Persian Garden. I've been on the Reflection twice recently and have done multiple Alaska trips on NCL. The Blu restaurant serves up better cuisine than anything I've had on NCL outside of Cagney's. Aqua Class decks are also conveniently located. Le Petit Chef is a nice experience to try once on Celebrity. The included beverage package on NCL works out to be considerably cheaper than Celebrity offerings although I was able to get a 35% discount about 2 weeks out from sail. 

20 hours ago, Jaworskym said:

If you're willing to spend a little more or have the flexibility to go short notice, Celebrity Aqua Class is the way to go. Its the same sized room as regular veranda but you get exclusive access the the Blu restaurant and the Persian Garden. I've been on the Reflection twice recently and have done multiple Alaska trips on NCL. The Blu restaurant serves up better cuisine than anything I've had on NCL outside of Cagney's. Aqua Class decks are also conveniently located. Le Petit Chef is a nice experience to try once on Celebrity. The included beverage package on NCL works out to be considerably cheaper than Celebrity offerings although I was able to get a 35% discount about 2 weeks out from sail. 

Thanks. Do you know the cost for Le Petit?

11 hours ago, Annies88 said:

Thanks. Do you know the cost for Le Petit?

I am sailing the Reflection in September.  Currently on my Cruise Planner app, Le Petit is showing $60 per person regular price, but is currently on sale at $56.99 per person.

On 7/23/2024 at 5:12 AM, Annies88 said:

And it looks like the classic beverage package only allows up to $10 drinks. Is that true?

On important clarification that I did not see mentioned is that the classic package covers drinks contining alcohol of up to $10.00.  There are exceptions, such as Bailey's Irish Cream, Evian or Pelligrino, that are priced under $10.00 that are not covered by the classic drink package and you will pay full price for those.