Carnival Corporation Orders Three Additional Ships for Carnival Cruise Line, Introducing a New Class of Ships

10 hours ago, kdr69 said:

I dont think its investment grade im just wondering whats driving it down. Although the entire market is in a spiral at the moment so who knows.

Spiral up or spiral down?  Right now, the books are just north of amazing.

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

THEY did not delay, but you are on a roll, go for it, facts as so mundane.  If RCCL made the right decision, why does the free world think that ICON. is the ugliest beast on the seas (it takes a lot to be uglier than Epic....(kind of epic of them?).  Maybe they should have delayed that....😏

If the Icon is so ugly, then how is RCI able to get away with what they're charging as well as what they're charging for the Star OTS?  

The Epic, that was the one with the funky bathrooms, right?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I wouldn't know.  Am 16 nights short and currently have zero future Carnival cruises booked.

Kind of hard to get there without booking a cruise.

29 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If the Icon is so ugly, then how is RCI able to get away with what they're charging as well as what they're charging for the Star OTS?  

The Epic, that was the one with the funky bathrooms, right?

It is the one (NCL) that looks like they stopped building it half way way and then start again.  The reason it looks that way is because that is EXACTLY what happened.

Maybe ugly is the wrong word.  It is so huge and over the top it looks like an April fools made up joke (truth).  Even RCCL fans think it is ugly.  In regards to the prices they demand, it is Gump and PT Barnum say....

27 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Kind of hard to get there without booking a cruise.

Need to find out whether or not they will be accepting Cheers on Celebration Key.  Otherwise, won't make another booking till one of the 2 new Excel Class ships come out.

In the meantime, we'll enjoy our double digit future bookings on Princess.

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Need to find out whether or not they will be accepting Cheers on Celebration Key.  Otherwise, won't make another booking till one of the 2 new Excel Class ships come out.

Of course the decision is yours

Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2024 at 6:14 PM, jimbo5544 said:

THEY did not delay, but you are on a roll, go for it, facts as so mundane.  If RCCL made the right decision, why does the free world think that ICON. is the ugliest beast on the seas (it takes a lot to be uglier than Epic....(kind of epic of them?).  Maybe they should have delayed that....😏

truckabay.gif

I guess three whole CCL users is the "whole free world" now.

Good thing about opinions is they're not facts! Just because twos and threes of you find it so doesn't mean the rest of us do. Probably best not to (try to) speak for everyone. 😃

Edited by bg2310
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Cheers will not work at Celebration Key:

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1106

50 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Cheers will not work at Celebration Key:

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1106

Appreciate the update.  It follows the same path as Half Moon Cay and Princess Cay, but since they are owned I believe by HAL and Princess, I was hoping that Carnival would forge their own path within the corporation and allow it similar to how Royal allows their drink packages to be extended on their private islands.  But once again, Carnival disappoints.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the limit on CK is set to 10.

At an additional cost of course.  Pay for Cheers and then pay again to drink at Celebration Key, lol.  Royal isn't even that greedy and allows their drink packages at Coco Cay and Labadee.

22 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It is the one (NCL) that looks like they stopped building it half way way and then start again.  The reason it looks that way is because that is EXACTLY what happened.

Maybe ugly is the wrong word.  It is so huge and over the top it looks like an April fools made up joke (truth).  Even RCCL fans think it is ugly.  In regards to the prices they demand, it is Gump and PT Barnum say....

Do you you’ll be booking Carnivals monstrosity of the Seas when it comes out in 29’?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

At an additional cost of course.  Pay for Cheers and then pay again to drink at Celebration Key, lol.  Royal isn't even that greedy and allows their drink packages at Coco Cay and Labadee.

Is Royal's drink package typically more expensive than Carnival's? I've seen a pretty wide range of prices online. 

9 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I imagine Cheers works just fine on the ship while at Celebration Key. I thought Royal gave everyone free drinks all the time. It makes it easier for them to pick your pocket.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bg2310 said:

truckabay.gif

I guess three whole CCL users is the "whole free world" now.

Good thing about opinions is they're not facts! Just because twos and threes of you find it so doesn't mean the rest of us do. Probably best not to (try to) speak for everyone. 😃

Did I say I spoke for everyone?  I said it was based on facts.  It was.  I was in rooms where it was said, guess you were not there.  Probably best to know what are facts are...

1 minute ago, tidecat said:

Is Royal's drink package typically more expensive than Carnival's? I've seen a pretty wide range of prices online. 

For the few people who have to buy a package, Royal has dynamic pricing. It isn't the same cost for everyone.

Just now, Illbcruzn4life said:

By a long shot. Prices vary depending on the ship you’re booked on.

Maybe Carnival should price the package higher on itineraries that call at Celebration, Half Moon, or Princess Cays in exchange for letting customers use the package ashore. There may be some technology upgrades that need to make that happen, though. Any upgrades could be used for real-time Sail & Sign authorizations for purchasing anything in those destinations.

3 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Maybe Carnival should price the package higher on itineraries that call at Celebration, Half Moon, or Princess Cays in exchange for letting customers use the package ashore. There may be some technology upgrades that need to make that happen, though. Any upgrades could be used for real-time Sail & Sign authorizations for purchasing anything in those destinations.

So penalize passengers who don't get off of the ship? What about those who are unable to tender?

The POS systems on the islands might not play nice with all of the Carnival Corp brands. Royal doesn't have that problem since they have so few brands.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

So penalize passengers who don't get off of the ship? What about those who are unable to tender?

The POS systems on the islands might not play nice with all of the Carnival Corp brands. Royal doesn't have that problem since they have so few brands.

Those who are unable to tender probably aren't going to be buying drink packages. They can always buy drinks a la carte if the higher price doesn't make sense for them 

The islands probably would need some upgrades to be able to talk to the shipboard systems in real time. The real answer though would be is if the market is willing to bear Royal's higher prices for a drink package, Carnival should be charging them.

The price increase could also be buried in ways that make it less obvious, like a Princess Plus-style package, or simply selling a version of Cheers! that includes beverages on Celebration Key-and those who don't purchase Cheers! can still purchase the Celebration-Key specific package.

6 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Those who are unable to tender probably aren't going to be buying drink packages. They can always buy drinks a la carte if the higher price doesn't make sense for them 

The islands probably would need some upgrades to be able to talk to the shipboard systems in real time. The real answer though would be is if the market is willing to bear Royal's higher prices for a drink package, Carnival should be charging them.

The price increase could also be buried in ways that make it less obvious, like a Princess Plus-style package, or simply selling a version of Cheers! that includes beverages on Celebration Key-and those who don't purchase Cheers! can still purchase the Celebration-Key specific package.

A private island upsell addon would be the way to go. Yes, a real time count would be needed to keep people from going over 15.

But then would people buy it or would they be happy with a bucket of beer ala carte? People are going to have to have ship cards and id anyway. At least on the private ports that connect to the outside world.

47 minutes ago, tidecat said:

The Dynamic Pricing policy of Royal really stinks.  Their drink packages, specialty food venues and even excursions do not have a set price.  They fluctuate depending upon which ship you're on and what time of year you're cruising.  Their drink package could range from 55-80 plus gratuity depending upon your ship and sailing date 

At least with Carnival you know what Cheers or Fahrenheit 555 is going to cost.

53 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Do you you’ll be booking Carnivals monstrosity of the Seas when it comes out in 29’?

I guess we will have to see it before we start calling it names.  Seen Epic and Icon, both ugly.  Do you like apples?