Flash sale wifi

Hello,

I was fortunate to upgrade to the premium drink package today for the 8.99 special. The question I have is about the wifi upgrade. Does anyone know what the difference between these two upgrades is? One device VS two device, but the math for the two device is not double the one device. It's much more expensive. Even if I select the one device, it still gives me the option to add both passengers for this. Does anyone know if these are two separate wifi packages? The description sounds the same. Or is this just an error on their page. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 1.40.09 PM.png

Posted (edited)

They are two separate packages.  One allows for only one device on at a time, but you can switch off to other devices.  The other allows for two devices to be on at one time, while also allowing switching to other devices.

IMO the two device package is not worth the price as we just switch to other devices as needed with the one device plan. It also has always been cheaper for us each to get a single device plan than one two device plan. 

As you just suggested, do the math.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

They are two separate packages.  One allows for only one device on at a time, but you can switch off to other devices.  The other allows for two devices to be on at one time, while also allowing switching to other devices.

IMO the two device package is not worth the price as we just switch to other devices as needed with the one device plan. It also has always been cheaper for us each to get a single device plan than one two device plan. 

As you just suggested, do the math.

Thank you for answering my question. So if I understand correctly... if we select the single device for both passengers, we can have each of our phones on wifi at the same time and the two device is if we each had a phone on and then wanted to add an iPad at the same time. I'll stick with one device if that's the case, since we'll only have a phone each. I just wanted to make sure both of us could use wifi on our single devices at the same time. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Thank you for answering my question. So if I understand correctly... if we select the single device for both passengers, we can have each of our phones on wifi at the same time and the two device is if we each had a phone on and then wanted to add an iPad at the same time. I'll stick with one device if that's the case, since we'll only have a phone each. I just wanted to make sure both of us could use wifi on our single devices at the same time. 

That is correct. Single for each allows each to have one device at the same time, and can switch one at a time to another device. The two plan allows for two devices at a time on the one plan.  But the two single plans typically are less costly than the one two device plan.

• Thanks 1

You can also buy a 2 device plan for just one person and then you can each have one device online at the same time.  It saves a few $$ that way if you don't want to share a single device plan.  You do not have to buy wifi packages for both people.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

You can also buy a 2 device plan for just one person and then you can each have one device online at the same time.  It saves a few $$ that way if you don't want to share a single device plan.  You do not have to buy wifi packages for both people.

The single 2 device plan is more expensive than two 1 device plans.  Per the example provided by the OP the upgrade would be $24.99 for the 2 device plan v $6.99 x 2 = $13.98 for two single device plans.  That makes the two single device plan upgrades the far better value.

Our experience with this bears that out as well.  Just did that the two single plan upgrades on our recent Eclipse cruise as the better value, as well as with our upcoming November Reflection cruise.

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The single 2 device plan is more expensive than two 1 device plans.  Per the example provided by the OP the upgrade would be $24.99 for the 2 device plan v $6.99 x 2 = $13.98 for two single device plans.  That makes the two single device plan upgrades the far better value.

Our experience with this bears that out as well.  Just did that the two single plan upgrades on our recent Eclipse cruise as the better value, as well as with our upcoming November Reflection cruise.

That may be the case if you are doing upgrades but if you are buying fresh then the two device plan is about 2 bucks a day cheaper than two one device plans...but math was never my strong suite....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

That may be the case if you are doing upgrades but if you are buying fresh then the two device plan is about 2 bucks a day cheaper than two one device plans...but math was never my strong suite....

In our case we had the basic WiFi package as part of our Always package, so the true initial cost of that is buried in the total fare.  So the upgrade based on that is less costly as described.  

Your results may be correct.  But as package prices can vary by ship, itinerary, and sailing date, I think it may be difficult to definitively track the initial purchase price followed by the upgrade price when purchased separately and not part of an Aways fare.  

But ditto your comments regarding math.....

Leaveitallbehind.  Yes, we need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.  I never look at AI faresl because neither of us care for adult beverages and we have Elite status so the happy hour each night pretty much covers our water and soft drink needs.

I just wish that they would let stack our Elite benefits with the "flash sale" prices.

To be honest -- the only difference between a 2 device for one person and one device for 2 persons is that in the first you create one longon (which can be shared by two people) or create two accounts one for each person. 

In RS we get 2 accounts each for a total of 4.   We rarely use all 4 at the same time.  

12 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Leaveitallbehind.  Yes, we need to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.  I never look at AI faresl because neither of us care for adult beverages and we have Elite status so the happy hour each night pretty much covers our water and soft drink needs.

I just wish that they would let stack our Elite benefits with the "flash sale" prices.

We have done both Always and Standard, but I don't remember the package values with Standard, but agree that you are probably correct as you mentioned.

The times we did not do Always was for the same reasons you mention.  Although we do partake in the adult beverages, the complimentary ones available during the happy hour normally suffice, with any others a la carte a better value than Always.  We only do Always if there is a fare value that makes it worth it

Agree with the stacked value idea.  We normally have CC check our discount v the sale price and choose the one that works best.  

• Like 1

We already had the basic wi-fi and drinks as included with Aqua, so upgrading at this low price was a no brainer. I appreciate the answers to my question. I went ahead and upgraded to the single device fee for both of us, since we won't be needing to use more than our phones for FB, etc.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

In RS we get 2 accounts each for a total of 4.   We rarely use all 4 at the same time.  

Yeah, but you've got that nifty little travel router to take care of that!

Following this because I haven’t cruised celebrity in a while and I was wondering about the premium access package which is 30.99- it doesn’t state how many devices are included in that. Does anyone know? The pricing is in between both 1 and 2 devices and I see it includes other things but just wondering about how many devices are included. 

7 minutes ago, Lisabriscuso said:

Following this because I haven’t cruised celebrity in a while and I was wondering about the premium access package which is 30.99- it doesn’t state how many devices are included in that. Does anyone know? The pricing is in between both 1 and 2 devices and I see it includes other things but just wondering about how many devices are included. 

If I understand it correctly the Premium  Access Pass is charged per person so it is likely that each person would get one device.  To be sure, call Celebrity and ask.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

If I understand it correctly the Premium  Access Pass is charged per person so it is likely that each person would get one device.  To be sure, call Celebrity and ask.  

To clarify it is charged per person per day, and everyone in the stateroom over 6 has to purchase it if one does. The price varies and is often at some sort of sale price on the planner. Captain's Club tier discounts can not be applied to the package. I would just suggest comparing the benefits with the PAP to individual upgrade charges for value.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

For our last sailing (Summit Apr 2024) and our next one (Solstice Apr 2025), we have found the 2 device plan for one person to be cheaper. as well.

• Like 2