Show Me Your Favorite Cunard Picture

napria

image.thumb.jpeg.6716a4507d88eb3b32e6539dc3a27658.jpeg

Illumination Theater on Deck 3 (entrance) used for Lectures, Masses, Demo., Planetarium....

In the evening, Full Length Movies are shown......posted in the Daily Program. 

• Like 3

image.thumb.jpeg.e43a645d08cac7d284ff198d1e9c808d.jpeg

Commodore Club Deck 9 Forward Starboard Side.....

During Evening Cocktails......Pianist on Port Side

Have their own Special Menu of Cocktails available... 

• Like 3

On 7/27/2024 at 6:57 PM, bluemarble said:

Here are two of our favorites.

The first shows QE2 at Geiranger, Norway during her penultimate call there on July 28, 2008. It's my favorite photo from the one and only time we sailed on QE2.

QE2Geiranger.thumb.jpg.c602da9bd8f65c057d082028624a981e.jpg

The second is our favorite memory from the 2013 Christmas cruise on QM2. So far that's been our only Christmas cruise on Cunard but hopefully not our last. This photo shows the Wind in the Willows characters around the Christmas tree in the Grand Lobby. That's become a Christmas tradition on QM2. I've learned Rebecca Graves was commissioned to create these characters in 2012. This photo was taken December 23, 2013.

WindintheWillowsQM2.thumb.jpg.7bbb8e0a36b01870e46141add4c7da73.jpg

Ohh, that Geiranger picture is gorgeous! There's a painting of QE2 at Geiranger on QE, on the landing near Commodore Club. Sometimes I just stand there and gaze at it. 

My favorite Cunard picture is boat deck on QE2 on a morning when the fog was so thick I couldn't see the length of the deck. Sadly, I have no idea which memory card that's on. So here's my Christmas picture. Christmas Morning at the Funnel Bar (formery just "Sun Deck") 2004. taken by a crew member who I think had been up partying all night. And New Year's Eve at Midnight.

abk christmas morning.JPG

agl almost midnight 2.JPG

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Ohh, that Geiranger picture is gorgeous! There's a painting of QE2 at Geiranger on QE, on the landing near Commodore Club. Sometimes I just stand there and gaze at it. 

Kathy,

Ditto !

We have it marked down as one of our two top voyages on the QE2.

1. Full Length passage of the Panama Canal from the West Coast

2. The Norway Fjords to the North Cape, Norway

Still Miss Her So..........

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Kathy,

Ditto !

We have it marked down as one of our two top voyages on the QE2.

1. Full Length passage of the Panama Canal from the West Coast

2. The Norway Fjords to the North Cape, Norway

Still Miss Her So..........

Those are my two favorites, for both scenery and good times with our wonderful cruise buddies.

I think the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen was in Norway, especially Geiranger, edging out even Alaska and Yosemite. We loved being at Svalbard, closer to the North Pole than our bragging friend had been to the South Pole on her cruise. 

And the transcanal because it was BFF's return to travel after chemo. We had the best time the day of the transit. We sat in deck chairs, solving the world's problems as we always did. Our husbands were not doing anything together and as it worked out, one would walk by and say "Oh, you're empty," and bring us fresh flutes of champagne. Then, at just the right moment, the other would do the same. I'm not sure the guys ever knew how much we had that day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are recent YT videos from a couple that were on QM2's voyage to Norway in June.

Much of their onboard footage is fairly average, but they use a drone camera when off the ship and they have posted some amazing footage of QM2 docked in the Fjords.

I'm sure I'll upset some folk by passing the opinion that QM2 makes the Fjords look amazing! 😀

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Are you sure this is Geirangerfjord??  Looks more like the Clyde to me....  and one of Stephen Card's paintings.  

I thought that's what it is, but I don't have a picture of the label. It isn't Stephen Card. There's a signature that I can't read, but it isn't his. 

I tried a file from a different year, and I found a pic of the label. You're right, it's the Clyde. The artist is Gordon Bauwens.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

This was taken from QV on November 5, 2023. We were having dinner, got an announcement from the bridge that the northern lights were out, put down our utensils, and dashed up on deck. We were not disappointed.

NorthernLights.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GlennR said:

This was taken from QV on November 5, 2023. We were having dinner, got an announcement from the bridge that the northern lights were out, put down our utensils, and dashed up on deck. We were not disappointed.

NorthernLights.jpg

I was on that cruise, wasn't it fantastic?

Great Picture!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 2:10 AM, napria said:

So we’re just Britannia Class, nothing fancy.  We’ll be getting a glass of bubbly too?

Yes, but don't get too excited it's usually warm!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

My souvenir life belt, with one of my water colours in the middle. It is signed by many senior staff from Ian McNaught to the speakers, the M d' (Nelder) and a host of others including the legendary Bea Muller.

image.png.468cad5f50c54a32d2e59800fee6b879.png

Edited by BigMac1953
failed to load
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

My souvenir life belt, with one of my water colours in the middle. It is signed by many senior staff from Ian McNaught to the speakers, the M d' (Nelder) and a host of others including the legendary Bea Muller.

image.png.468cad5f50c54a32d2e59800fee6b879.png

That’s a wonderful souvenir, and a lovely watercolor!  Did you paint it?

2 hours ago, rakkor said:

I assume you take your own pads, paints and brushes?

I keep meaning to, but every cruise/crossing I forget, and have to buy more, so have a drawer full of brushes and paints.

• Like 1