Bring back omelet fillings!

Am I the only one who really misses the choice of vegetables and other fillings for my omelet?'

Also, when serving mashed potatoes, can we get some gravy?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Number12 said:

Am I the only one who really misses the choice of vegetables and other fillings for my omelet?'

Vegetables?  On a cruise?  No...don't miss those at all.  Extra room for meat and/or cheese.  As for gravy...yeah maybe...it can be hit or miss.  But a a flood of melted butter is a home run every time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Number12 said:

YES I am missing my custom omelet order. Now i can only pick from what 3 prepackaged types. I Very much miss the mushroom add. Maybe we get t-shirts made in protest !!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I tend to have breakfast from Blue Iguana or Shaq's Big Chicken (on the ships that have it) so I rarely have an omelet while cruising. When I do, ham & cheese works for me. My husband does like all the veggies though but I doubt he even knows about the change. I don't think he's had an omelet on a ship recently.

I think the only time I want gravy with mashed potatoes is Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Knights on the Beach

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

I don't miss the endless dithering from people who can't decide what options for their omelet/

You may have hit on the reason they did this.  The omelet line is long enough as it is, which seems to be the case at any buffet that offers made-to-order omelets.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

You may have hit on the reason they did this.  The omelet line is long enough as it is, which seems to be the case at any buffet that offers made-to-order omelets.

Yeah the Mongolian Wok is the worst.  People staring at the "fixins" 4-5 deep in line, and then when they get up there, they have no clue, standing there mouth breathing for 2 minutes, and then here it comes...ummm, ummm......then pick 10 things that really don't go well together.  As with the omelet, more is not better, it's just more...and usually worse.

• Like 4

back in the day, i sailed on a different cruise line where the omelet station had a worker with a paper that you checked off with the things you want in the omelet. then they gave you a pager. When the pager went off, you went back to the station to get your omelet. worked out perfected and does help with long lines.

would love something like that on carnival ship. they already used a pager based system for seafood shack

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

First off, I don't eat omelets.

But, I can understand the restriction at the buffet. But why in the dining room?

My guess?

So they don't have to make every omelet to order.  They can make what's listed on the menu and have them ready for the servers to pick them up.  Made to order omelets hold up everyone's breakfast at the table.

• Like 2

My guess?

So they don't have to make every omelet to order.  They can make what's listed on the menu and have them ready for the servers to pick them up.  Made to order omelets hold up everyone's breakfast at the table.

A made to order omelet should not be a show stopper in the MDR for breakfast.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

On the Sunshine in May you could still get made to order omelettes with separate veggies at the JiJi Asian omelette bar.

What I really miss are the sauteed mushrooms at Guy's burgers.

Edited by Oletruckdude
  • Like 6

I'm generally not one to complain about the cruise food. However, ham and cheese as your only meat option, is very tacky. It's fine to not have the unlimited topping customization. Just give a few better choices. 

• Like 2

No, you are not the only one. I sorely missed the options on my last cruise. I did wonder if I could find jalapenos somewhere on the buffet or at Blue Iguana if they would add them in for me, lol.

• Like 1

DH and I thought we were the only ones sorely missing our favorite Carnival omelets!!!!!! We always looked forward to our mushroom or bacon omelets. It may seem like a little thing to the "beards", but for those of us cruisers who look forward to certain cruise foods, this is pretty big for us. We are now resorting to scrambled eggs, which we can get anywhere, anytime. Breakfast has become a sad disappointment. Please don't criticize how we feel - breakfast, especially in the dining room, used to be a highlight for us. Sometimes we don't think it's worth it. Is this what the beards was hoping for?? (Really Carnival???? Is removing mushrooms and bacon worth this much to you??????)

• Like 2

On 7/28/2024 at 1:17 PM, calicruzr said:

I miss the mushrooms and spinach

On 7/28/2024 at 2:58 PM, Oletruckdude said:

What I really miss are the sauteed mushrooms at Guy's burgers.

With all of the ships sold out and prices climbing, you'd think that Carnival could add a few cutbacks back in.  I miss my mushrooms!!! 

Apparently, the reasoning behind stopping the mushrooms at Guy's was food waste, not necessarily financial. Apparently they were throwing too many off them out versus how many were eaten.

6 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

No, you are not the only one. I sorely missed the options on my last cruise. I did wonder if I could find jalapenos somewhere on the buffet or at Blue Iguana if they would add them in for me, lol.

They will not.

• Thanks 1

Am I the only one who uses the omelet station for eggs over easy? A little sausage, 3 eggs over easy, a hand full of grits, cup of black coffee and I'm set for the day. 

• Like 1