Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

11 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

My thoughts exactly - also too closed in for my liking, didn’t use it once in two weeks.

Never ever used a pool on a Cunard ship.

Apart from any chemicals involve [severe eczema and all that], they've never looked very inviting.

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Never ever used a pool on a Cunard ship.

Apart from any chemicals involve [severe eczema and all that], they've never looked very inviting.

I love to go in the pools especially at quiet moments on port days. On QA, I only went on the aft one, which was nice enough. The other one was too shallow. The pictures make it look as if they may have filled it up a bit. But of course, the sea (barring sewage problems) is always nicer. Bournemouth was lovely last week.

• Like 1

In the process of docking in Barcelona, so I have phone service!  I have nothing planned, as I was here for a couple of days last October, but will likely go for a wander later when the rush has cleared.  Not to start any rumours, but anyone else noticed the all aboard time notice, says “setting sail for Civitavechia” not La Spezia ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

In the process of docking in Barcelona, so I have phone service!  I have nothing planned, as I was here for a couple of days last October, but will likely go for a wander later when the rush has cleared.  Not to start any rumours, but anyone else noticed the all aboard time notice, says “setting sail for Civitavechia” not La Spezia ???

Wouldn't worry on the last cruise we were at Pursers Desk on Embarkation Day and a sign behind the desk said "next port of call Hamburg" when it was actually Invergordon on our way to Iceland.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

🤞it's just an error on the notice. Have a good day and thanks for the update. 

2 hours ago, Pear Carr said:

My thoughts exactly - also too closed in for my liking, didn’t use it once in two weeks.

When I was aboard I witnessed a deck steward asking pax to move their chairs and loungers for him to get a towel bin through.  

2 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Looks like they have corrected it to La Spezia now … guess someone pointed it out!!😁

• Like 2

Thank you all for the updates, and I hope you enjoy Barcelona today! Here's to hoping the AziPod issue is resolved.

For those that have the time, how did you enjoy the four days at sea? I must say I'm rather envious as I really enjoyed our sea days, and the most we had combined was 2.

To my knowledge this is the longest time she's spent continuously at sea (at least with passengers) until crossing the Atlantic in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MylesS said:

Thank you all for the updates, and I hope you enjoy Barcelona today! Here's to hoping the AziPod issue is resolved.

For those that have the time, how did you enjoy the four days at sea? I must say I'm rather envious as I really enjoyed our sea days, and the most we had combined was 2.

To my knowledge this is the longest time she's spent continuously at sea (at least with passengers) until crossing the Atlantic in January.

I loved them. I found plenty to do and enjoyed the rest just reading relaxing and doing word puzzles. Having done TA ‘s on QM2 this was equally good as the weather has been superb too so much better than ever on QM2 !! I had an enjoyable day in Barcelona but it would not  make it onto my ports to revisit list. Fingers crossed repairs are going well. 

• Like 6

Had an enjoyable wander in Barcelona… however my “go to” nougat shop is no more😢… I had to find a different one.  Managed to track down a tiny bar that I went to last time through Barcelona and had some yummy bites … then a hot and sweaty wander back to the shuttle bus.  Now a wait and see for news on the repair front!

IMG_8757.jpeg

IMG_8756.jpeg

IMG_8755.jpeg

IMG_8753.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is the gin selection at the duty free for any gin drinkers … they don’t have any big bottles of the Queens gins… only the small bottles at the bars.  [I’m not a gin girl, but I have friends who are … for the record!]

IMG_8750.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

This is the gin selection at the duty free for any gin drinkers … they don’t have any big bottles of the Queens gins… only the small bottles at the bars.  [I’m not a gin girl, but I have friends who are … for the record!]

IMG_8750.jpeg

My understanding is you can buy the large bottles of Queens gin from the bars directly

• Like 1

They had a table set up outside the chart room a few days before disembarking last week selling the large bottles ($40?) with a promotional offer to buy the gift pack of the 4 small queens for $25 - likely do the same on this cruise.

• Like 1

This is my first ever cruise and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Ok I can’t compare it to other cruise lines or ships. We stayed at the Harbour Hotel the night before and had a relaxed and easy embarkation. 

We had booked an excursion in Cadiz about 15 minutes before the captain announced that we were not going there. I have quite enjoyed the sea days. We enjoyed the two shows we saw in the Bright Lights Society and the Royal Court Theatre.

The food and staff in the Queens Grill have been outstanding. We tried the buffet and it was reasonable. Going to the Steakhouse tomorrow night.

The Grills Terrace has been very busy with most of the sun beds taken at times. After a couple of days we were given lanyards  with grills terrace passes. Yesterday staff asked to see them. I mentioned that the only way to stop people going in who shouldn’t, would be to fit locks. A member of staff said they were on order but didn’t know when they would be fitted.

The only slight annoyance so far is that our cabin is right at the very stern of the ship and my partner smokes. The only smoking area is right at the front of the ship on the top deck. Literally the furthest point away from our cabin.

Had a pleasant afternoon in Barcelona but it was very hot. Glad to be back on the ship. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vsbc said:

This is my first ever cruise and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Ok I can’t compare it to other cruise lines or ships. We stayed at the Harbour Hotel the night before and had a relaxed and easy embarkation. 

We had booked an excursion in Cadiz about 15 minutes before the captain announced that we were not going there. I have quite enjoyed the sea days. We enjoyed the two shows we saw in the Bright Lights Society and the Royal Court Theatre.

The food and staff in the Queens Grill have been outstanding. We tried the buffet and it was reasonable. Going to the Steakhouse tomorrow night.

The Grills Terrace has been very busy with most of the sun beds taken at times. After a couple of days we were given lanyards  with grills terrace passes. Yesterday staff asked to see them. I mentioned that the only way to stop people going in who shouldn’t, would be to fit locks. A member of staff said they were on order but didn’t know when they would be fitted.

The only slight annoyance so far is that our cabin is right at the very stern of the ship and my partner smokes. The only smoking area is right at the front of the ship on the top deck. Literally the furthest point away from our cabin.

Had a pleasant afternoon in Barcelona but it was very hot. Glad to be back on the ship. 

Your partner’s long walks will mean he can have more  puddings. There is an upside to most things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, vsbc said:

So pleased you are enjoying your cruise I certainly am. I have a lovley cabin and can’t fault the food or service in Britannia. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I don't think I've seen Consommé Madrilène or the polenta dish on a Cunard Britannia/Club menu before.

I think we had the polenta one on mine. Needless to say I didn’t have it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think we had the polenta one on mine. Needless to say I didn’t have it.

Ah ok, the one I've seen before in PG and Britannia was "Crisp Polenta - grilled artichokes and salsa", that comes out every week or so on the other ships.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Tonight’s menus for any one who is interested. 

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

Thanks for posting, what did you choose?

1 hour ago, vsbc said:

Nice to hear from you and it's good to hear you're enjoying your first cruise. 

33 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks for posting, what did you choose?

Nice to hear from you and it's good to hear you're enjoying your first cruise. 

I am very plain in my tastes so I had the always available tomato soup, the steak and  the chocolate fondant. People on the next table seemed to be enjoying the guinea fowl. 

• Like 1