C&A Update: Single supplement will be 125% for TAs/TPs/Panama Canal for DP 340 and above

Posted (edited)

When I first posted, there was a "regular" available.  Considering the "Spacious" is still offered at less than $200/day for a solo, what more do you want????  I guess free would be nice.

Regular still available:

image.thumb.png.d4e2f0b0ebe2e2b8841aee5b47abfc52.png

Edited by gmerick

32 minutes ago, gmerick said:

When I first posted, there was a "regular" available.  Considering the "Spacious" is still offered at less than $200/day for a solo, what more do you want????  I guess free would be nice.

Regular still available:

image.thumb.png.d4e2f0b0ebe2e2b8841aee5b47abfc52.png

I'm already booked. Just curiosity as we were laughing about some 17k price showing a week ago as the cheapest. Why are you assuming someone is complaining or wanting it free. You just arent aware of what mock booking showed recently and didnt understand and jumped to conclusions people wanted free. Never good to assume. Another time the cheapest balcony showed as over 20k. This is great. I posted if you want a balcony to jump on it. They been scarce. Just the opposite of you thinking people wanted free. It's a good price compared to recent.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm already booked. Just curiosity as we were laughing about some 17k price showing a week ago as the cheapest. Why are you assuming someone is complaining or wanting it free. You just arent aware of what mock booking showed recently and didnt understand and jumped to conclusions people wanted free. Never good to assume. Another time the cheapest balcony showed as over 20k. This is great. I posted if you want a balcony to jump on it. They been scarce. Just the opposite of you thinking people wanted free. It's a good price compared to recent.

Are you confusing this Oct 2024 sailing with your Oct 2025 sailing?

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Are you confusing this Oct 2024 sailing with your Oct 2025 sailing?

Oh ... yep. I am. Ooops. No wonder the balcony prices so different.my bad. Apologize 

27 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You can "buy" me a drink on the Oct 2025 sailing.  🙂

Well that's easy. I always have left over vouchers. I've tried to go buy extra for my steward and usually not worth the hassle. They dont like saying what they want. I'd buy you more than one, free is a good price, just a tip. 

• Like 1

Just called my TA and got my Nov 2 2024 Explorer cruise repriced at the 125% supplement. I even paid off the cruise just 2 days ago a little early like I usually do.

Saves almost $200 on the sold out JS category. TA had to call RCL agent to get it repriced as TA system would not let them reprice category as it was sold out. Took about 15 min and will get the overpayment refunded to credit card since final payment is still a few days away. Will take that $200 savings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Just called my TA and got my Nov 2 2024 Explorer cruise repriced at the 125% supplement. I even paid off the cruise just 2 days ago a little early like I usually do.

Saves almost $200 on the sold out JS category. TA had to call RCL agent to get it repriced as TA system would not let them reprice category as it was sold out. Took about 15 min and will get the overpayment refunded to credit card since final payment is still a few days away. Will take that $200 savings.

Unfortunately I can't get my Nov 3 2024 Odyssey TA repriced, since it was booked with group rates that were recalled last month.  Plus, it looks like my sailing is sold out.

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 6:49 PM, twangster said:

New wording in an email today.

All solo guests will benefit on repos down from 200% to 150% while DP340 guests goes from 150% to 125%.  Also suggests ALL reposition, not just select repos

SINGLE TRAVELERS REDUCED RATES
spacer.gif
Single Cruisers will now be able to enjoy their trips on select itineraries with Royal Caribbean® at a lower cost! To provide richer benefits, the single supplement rate will be reduced to 150% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings for all guests.  Additionally, for to our most loyal Diamond + Crown & Anchor Society Members, the single supplement rate will be now reduced from 150% to 125% on all Reposition (inclusive of Transatlantic and Transpacific), Canada, and Canal sailings.

Not surprisingly there is confusion with the agents  regarding this as the benefits sheet has been updated and it only lists the TA / TP and Panama.

image.png.363e94f57919b9e6246359d6897ba4c4.png

Also, while the 125% and 150% DP340 is applicable to group rates where agents can special fare,  the rates the 150% supplement for everyone else is not combinable with group rates from what I have been told as it is a promotion.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

My TA repriced my fall 2025 Repo and PC cruises at 125%.  Saved $118 on Repo and $272 on PC.  🙂

That's another great thing about groups.  As long as you are before the hardstop date (4 months prior to sailing) the booking can be repriced based on the original group rate even if the group or the category is sold out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a note - if you're looking at rates on their website: I used to have to put in the DP340 promotion code when I wanted the single rate. But once I became pinnacle, the code was no longer needed - it seemed to be automatically applied. But now, to get the 125% rate applied, it seems like I need to put in the promo code again. So, if anyone else is not getting the right rates, try putting in the promo code DP340

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 2:28 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Also, while the 125% and 150% DP340 is applicable to group rates where agents can special fare,  the rates the 150% supplement for everyone else is not combinable with group rates from what I have been told as it is a promotion.

I received an email from my TA this afternoon that DP340 125% is also not applicable to group rates on transpacific sailings. 

Does that only apply to TPs or does it also apply to TAs, PCs, and Repos?  If the later, I hope RCI doesn't rescind my recent reprices at 125%.  🤞

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I received an email from my TA this afternoon that DP340 125% is also not applicable to group rates on transpacific sailings. 

Does that only apply to TPs or does it also apply to TAs, PCs, and Repos?  If the later, I hope RCI doesn't rescind my recent reprices at 125%.  🤞

Looks like your TA may have made an error 😲.  The 125% is applicable to the group rates.  It is the 150% for everyone on those select sailings that it is not applicable with the group rates..  Royal certainly made this new program confusing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like your TA may have made an error 😲.  The 125% is applicable to the group rates.  It is the 150% for everyone on those select sailings that it is not applicable with the group rates..  Royal certainly made this new program confusing. 

I thought that was the case, but I was confused by this:

This new 150% for everyone and 125% for D+340 on transpacific sailings has a whole new set of rules regarding their application.  [snip] The only solo rate that can be applied to the group rates is the DP340 (150%) solo supplement.

• Like 1