LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

Posted (edited)

Mr. Megan, in his passenger princess phase, thought he’d buy this travel pillow for me. He’d been hyping it for a week. I see it and it’s complete crap. I’m even a stomach sleeper. I’m supposed to hug this, hold on to this the whole flight. Garbage. It’s huge inflatable thing  am I balling up in the airplane seat? These are shopaholic, Amazon problems! No china, no  

my hands are suppose to go in the holes  WTHIMG_7330.thumb.jpeg.e847e40ddbead671cee0ece7cefa8800.jpeg

IMG_7331.jpeg

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Haha 21

Listen, I’m not even a 70’s baby, but if you don’t love ABBA…come on. My 13 year old recorded this. All my kids can sing the whole ABBA gold album. And if I have two more crown and cokes… I’m screaming “gimme gimme a man after midnight”!!! 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 19

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Ok not to sidetrack this cruise review but I played softball til junior high. I can work with her at 10 on drills and whatever else up until FAST pitching. We can work on making contact. We can work on hitting in a lot of aspects, but I was never a pitcher. I can’t hit 40mph strike zone pitches. I just can’t. Her dad will pitch for her and because he’s use to baseball.., it just doesn’t work. You gotta do what you gotta do. Remember we live in Oklahoma… it’s softball central. I’m not planning on her playing for OU. That’s like insane. I just want her to take her talents as far as they can go. You have to cultivate the talent at home. And… I’m trying. That’s all it is. If she plays at a Juco… I’m down. Just want her to be the best she can be. 

The pitching machine sounds like a great idea if you can get a softball one - the overall distance to go on marketplace (and dealing with marketplace people sometimes....) would be the biggest factor on doing that vs the store for me. 

Also - I love your attitude as far as maximizing what your daughter can do vs pushing an unrealistic expectation on her. I am coaching two football teams right now (8 year old and 6 year old teams) and you wouldn't believe what some of the parents put on these kids.  

• Like 11

@MeganGC1983 I just have to say again, you are one incredible Mom and deserve everything terrific coming your way. Even with your husband away for work you are a non stop, fun loving, hard working Mom. Your kids want for nothing, definitely not what I experienced growing up. Haven't heard anything about your pup in a while, everything okay?

Ready to get this show going, have not cruised VV and unless I go alone don't think BF would go as his mind is a little closed to some things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

I'd like to say I've been here since the beginning but I can produce a hall pass if necessary to explain my tardiness...

Shoot I thought you were carrying her luggage for her!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, odie1024 said:

@MeganGC1983 I just have to say again, you are one incredible Mom and deserve everything terrific coming your way. Even with your husband away for work you are a non stop, fun loving, hard working Mom. Your kids want for nothing, definitely not what I experienced growing up. Haven't heard anything about your pup in a while, everything okay?

Ready to get this show going, have not cruised VV and unless I go alone don't think BF would go as his mind is a little closed to some things.

Sadie is good. She has a new obsession of chasing cows and rolling in poop. That’s been fun. So now she’s had her “freedom” cut down. 

IMG_7222.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

30 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

I'd like to say I've been here since the beginning but I can produce a hall pass if necessary to explain my tardiness...

Look who is off the naughty list. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

@MeganGC1983..thanks for the Sadie update.

I follow a You Tube channel Arms Family Homestead they live in OK as well and their son purchased a GSP.  Talk about high energy!

They took their dog to a training school.  That breed is definitely full of vim and vigor!  Their dog is hopefully going to be a hunting dog besides a rambunctious companion!

You are blessed that you have family nearby to help out with the kiddos and pets so you can travel as you do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

Roscoe, choose your words wisely, others are watching.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 11