Sky Princess - Emerald deck are the cabins noisy?

Lolou127

We’ve almost decided on a 2026 Sky Fjords cruise, I’m looking at booking one of the obscured balcony cabins midship deck 8, but I’ve now realised they are above public areas, shops and restaurants, is this going to be a noisy location? it’s specifically cabin E410 I’m looking at 

8 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

We’ve almost decided on a 2026 Sky Fjords cruise, I’m looking at booking one of the obscured balcony cabins midship deck 8, but I’ve now realised they are above public areas, shops and restaurants, is this going to be a noisy location? it’s specifically cabin E410 I’m looking at 

Not from below, but it all depends on how loud your neighbors are. We've had people blasting loud music from portable speakers from another balcony, and cell phone talkers.

• Like 1

"Obscured" cabins. Thanks for the laugh. We always choose the obstructed view cabins, either forward or aft on Emerald or forward on Lido. They are a good value. You will not find noise exceeding sounds you would generally hear anywhere onboard. 

Elevator service is horrible on the Royal Class ships. By being on deck eight, walk one deck down and you have forward and aft full access on the Promenade deck where many venues are. I think you picked a great cabin! Enjoy!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We’re currently on the Sky in a cabin on Deck 17 on the starboard side with a Birds Eye view of the decks below. 

Your E409 looks like it’s right above the tenders just after the first bump-out balcony in the first attached photo.

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.bc46628e6f54de6d558cb4718d655dbf.jpeg

IMG_3733.thumb.jpeg.30ab0d2e295e3ce604b487c9df06c874.jpeg

Just in case you were interested in a larger balcony for viewing the fjords as you’re cruising through them, check out the ones towards the bow.

IMG_1359.thumb.jpeg.c691a45e0aa016dcde213d563a627ae7.jpeg

Some of which are huge!

IMG_3734.thumb.jpeg.80e5b15e233ce70f48aa7824577355f8.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Thanks everyone for your advice, we’ve chosen E409 and opted out of any upgrade, hopefully we’ve done the right thing x

we are in E409 next year, so it will be too late for my review. I've done my research and it's a good cabin. We've been in others on Emerald deck and never had a problem with noise.

• Like 1