Can we bring a coffee maker?

On 8/4/2024 at 5:50 AM, Asawi said:

They don't say but I'm guessing they don't like (or think they don't like) Nespresso coffee for some reason. Me? I love Nespresso! If you don't like espresso coffee you don't have to make espresso! You have lots of options! I don't know what capsules NCL provides, but I would probably bring a pack of my own choosing. (I frequently stay in Airbnbs that have Nespresso machines).

and here is the nespresso comment - I want a CUP of coffee - not 4 oz of coffee.  Hence - my comment about getting a cup of coffee.  I have a nespresso machine myself but I don't use a nespresso machine to get a cup of morning coffee.  

I could run the nespresso pod through twice, then I get my 4 oz cup of coffee.  

Yes, I could bring my own pods of nespresso - if I WANTED nespresso. . . . 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, erisajd said:

and here is the nespresso comment - I want a CUP of coffee - not 4 oz of coffee.  Hence - my comment about getting a cup of coffee.  I have a nespresso machine myself but I don't use a nespresso machine to get a cup of morning coffee.  

I always use 2 of those Nespresso pods/cup of coffee.  Matter of fact, I instruct the Butler to bring me extra pods every day.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2024 at 12:00 PM, erisajd said:

We are in the Haven on Joy on a 15 night Panama Canal cruise Feb 2025

Simple yes or no but everyone will need to tell us we have a butler and a nespresso maker in the room so you will need an explanation 😁

our previous week in the Haven resulted in bad coffee.  We asked our butler to have coffee pot in the room by 6am.  We did. But. It was either cold, too strong or watered down.  Never got a decent mornings coffee til we got into the Haven restaurant and that might take an hour or longer. 

So the plan would be to bring an old Mr coffee (since we’re driving from Arizona to the port of LA) and just tossing it at the back end. It ls not like we don’t have several old coffee makers in the basement.  

back to the question:  will they let us bring a coffee maker on board. 

Thats strange about your coffee being bad. I don't drink coffee my wife is a coffee snob. French press delivered every morning at 6:00am. It was always hot, tasted great and tasted the same

1 hour ago, herbanrenewal said:

Every once in awhile I see a post that makes me glad I’m in a solo studio. Wonderful fresh ground beans, cappachino, espresso in the lounge. not sure why Haven area cant have a decent machine

They also have those machines in the ships with the Observation Lounges.  The Haven Observation Lounges have those, too.

The Nespresso ones in the cabins are very good.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, erisajd said:

You can go and pay $9 at Starbucks for coffee. Big Venti cup!!!

Edited by BirdTravels

21 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Stop by the bar and add a shot of Irish whisky.  It does wonders for lousy cruise ship coffee!

I use Kahlua to improve the buffet coffee. 😄 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2024 at 7:29 AM, graphicguy said:

Maybe I missed it, but what's the reason for not using the Nespresso in the room?

I don't like the coffee the Nespresso makes.  I'm just not an fancy coffee type.  Kuerig Breakfast Blend works best for me.  I'm not really fond of Starbucks either.

I spent a lot of time drinking army coffee so strong it would  make espresso run away and hide.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 7:50 AM, Asawi said:

They don't say but I'm guessing they don't like (or think they don't like) Nespresso coffee for some reason. Me? I love Nespresso! If you don't like espresso coffee you don't have to make espresso! You have lots of options! I don't know what capsules NCL provides, but I would probably bring a pack of my own choosing. (I frequently stay in Airbnbs that have Nespresso machines).

I've been on four cruises with Nespresso coffemakers.  That's enough for me to know that I don't like Nespresso coffee.  I would like an option that isn't espresso.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I've been on four cruises with Nespresso coffemakers.  That's enough for me to know that I don't like Nespresso coffee.  I would like an option that isn't espresso.

Nespresso has coffee pods.

36 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Nespresso has coffee pods.

I’ve found those espresso pods to be unsatisfactory. Face it, nespresso produces a product that appeals to those who prefer an espresso like product 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

My nespresso maker makes a big cup of coffee.

then its a Vertuoline and not a Nespresso pod . . . I have one too. They were giving them away when they first came out if you bought ten coffee packs - 

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

then its a Vertuoline and not a Nespresso pod . . . I have one too. They were giving them away when they first came out if you bought ten coffee packs - 

Well, all I know is I buy pods that fit my nespresso, combo packs with espresso and 8 ounce coffees. Comes to my house in about 2 hours from Amazon.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Well, all I know is I buy pods that fit my nespresso, combo packs with espresso and 8 ounce coffees. Comes to my house in about 2 hours from Amazon.

Same.  I run out, I get mine at my door step the same day.  Lots of good choices of coffees, too.

• Like 1